AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Force usage of FastDL on hlds possible? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=295422)

Skyrider 03-25-2017 09:27

Force usage of FastDL on hlds possible?

I'm currently using and old linux HLDS in order to make an Earth's Special Forces 1.2.x server (version : 48/1.1.2.1/Stdio 4883 secure (70)

Everything is working properly, however. The server is refusing to use the FastDL server when everything is properly set up.

Quote:

sv_downloadurl "serverurlhere"
sv_allowdownload "1"
sv_allowupload "1"
Before you ask. I'm also using a FastDL server on my TF2 server which is working just fine. But using HLDS, it appears to have some issues.

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with FastDL on HLDS. And if there's a way to force usage of FDL.

Regards,
Skyrider

gabuch2 03-25-2017 10:49

Re: Force usage of FastDL on hlds possible?

sv_allowdownload 0

Skyrider 03-25-2017 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shattered Heart Lynx (Post 2506646)
sv_allowdownload 0

Doing so makes it impossible to download custom files from the server. Thanks for the reply though :D.

gabuch2 03-25-2017 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrider (Post 2506649)
Doing so makes it impossible to download custom files from the server. Thanks for the reply though :D.

If sv_allowdownload is 0, all clients will use FastDL if available and won't be able to download files from the server if they can't reach it.

So, "forcing" the FastDL usage.

Skyrider 03-25-2017 11:13

So a bit weird that the FastDL isn't working then, while all the settings are correct.

wickedd 03-25-2017 12:16

PM me your fastdl url.

fysiks 03-25-2017 15:12

The server can't force anyone to use fast download. The only thing that you can do on the server side is to disallow download from the server directly which has already been mentioned.

If the client is unable to use the provided fast download URL then it will attempt to download from the server if it has not been disabled.

So, really, the only thing that you can do is to ensure that your fast download is working and is reliable.

D3XT3R 03-25-2017 16:46

try use multifastdl plugin in yours hlds and see if force of usage of fastdl change.

fysiks 03-25-2017 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3XT3R (Post 2506725)
try use multifastdl plugin in yours hlds and see if force of usage of fastdl change.

That is not necessary if you have a reliable host with the requisite capacity.

Skyrider 03-25-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2506731)
That is not necessary if you have a reliable host with the requisite capacity.

Using my very own VPS, and as I mentioned in my first post. The TF2 FastDL is working just fine without any problems. Thus far can't find any logs to why it's not using the fastdl url.