AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Achievements (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=149342)

gabuch2 03-08-2011 15:33

Re: Achievements

This sounds great, can you make it more "GoldSource" and less "CS-Specific"? I mean this can be great in other games than CS, like NS, TS, SC and HL itself.

Just sayin'

TzK 03-09-2011 14:25

Maybe you can make some achievements top? Where show`s who completed most of ach? And it would better if there where some kind of /achrank, where players,can see their completed ach. Because present system, where you must find your completed ach in 6 pages are a little bit annoying. In one of first release there were better system, where in ach list you saw all ach in one page.

Tirant 03-09-2011 16:26

I don't think this plugin is very applicable and customizable. If you really wanted something like this to really work, you should make it more of a base achievements plugin and then have other plugins be addons and register their own achievements. A simple example you might understand is how zombie mods handle the zombie classes, but zombie classes themselves are extra addons. Your plugin then would only handle saving and rewarding the achievement. This would add loads of support for other mods and also allow players to make their own achievements and also choose which ones they want and don't want. It's up to you, but recoding the entire system would be in your best interest if you want it to flourish.

A major advantage of having addon achievements as well is that that would add support for external plugins as well that have good natives. (like various zombie mods or other such things)

mabaclu 03-09-2011 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzK (Post 1430409)
Maybe you can make some achievements top? Where show`s who completed most of ach? And it would better if there where some kind of /achrank, where players,can see their completed ach. Because present system, where you must find your completed ach in 6 pages are a little bit annoying. In one of first release there were better system, where in ach list you saw all ach in one page.

That would be useful, I made an Achievements API and it would be nice if Pastout could code the ranking system for us.

Killer12201 03-09-2011 23:40

This is a very nice plugin. You should add global achievements like 500 grenade kills, 200 knife kills, and ones like that. When you release the API I'll make some to add to the list. If possible I also think you should release a motd that shows players who have the most achievements on the server. It can add a little bit of competition and fun to the players on the server.

ardi 03-11-2011 12:37

Could you make it if some one earn an achievment it shows in chat
Player has earned achiement [Name of achievment]

Killer12201 03-11-2011 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardi (Post 1431477)
Could you make it if some one earn an achievment it shows in chat
Player has earned achiement [Name of achievment]

It does do this I think. I have seen it unless its only a admin think.

mabaclu 03-12-2011 08:44

PHP Code:

Print( 0"^4[Achievement]^3 %s^1 has earned ^3'^1You've Made Your Points damage^3'^4 achievement!"szName 

It already gives that information

hackziner 03-19-2011 09:35

+1

FR0NTLINE 03-21-2011 13:59

I think the hat trick should be 2 kills with a grenade not 3, 3's always been a problem for most people.