AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Self Combusting Shovel 0.2 (15/06) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129561)

Jindo 06-14-2010 03:50

[TF2] Self Combusting Shovel 0.2 (15/06)

3 Attachment(s)
Fireproof Mass of Scar Tissue v0.2

Description:

FMST is a modification to the Soldier's shovel which causes it to self-combust via Mouse2 (right-click.) It is based on the Mac Update's comic. Players must be Soldiers, have the Shovel actively drawn, and can only self-combust once per life.

SM 1.3 or later is a requirement for this plugin to work due to its use of the new TF2 natives.

Cvars:
  • shovelcombust_version - Version of the plugin.
  • sc_enable 1 - Enable the plugin.
  • sc_gameplay 0 - Enable explosive damage to enemies close to the shovel upon combustion.
  • sc_damage 50 - How much damage the explosion deals.
  • sc_ignite 1 - Non-zero causes players within range of the explosion to catch fire.
  • sc_duration 10.0 - How long the effects of the ignition last.
  • sc_strength 4.5 - Strength of the knockback caused by the explosion.
  • sc_radius 50.0 - Players within this range of the player are affected by the explosion.
  • sc_uber 1 - Non-zero ubers the player when ignited.
  • sc_crits 2 - 0=No crits, 1=Full crits, 2=Minicrits
  • sc_numtimes 1 - How many times the player can ignite in a life.
  • sc_cooldown 10.0 - Duration of cooldown before ignition can be triggered again (this time starts after the duration defined in sc_duration expires.)
  • sc_messages 2 - Format for displaying messages regarding how many ignitions are left and when ignition is ready to use (0=No messages, 1=Chat prompts, 2=Center screen prompts)
  • sc_explosion 1 - Non-zero enables the explosion particle and sound effect.
  • sc_firewep 1 - Non-zero enabled the burning shovel particle effect.

NOTES: All cvars between (and including) sc_damage and sc_crits are only used if sc_gameplay is set to 1.

To Do:
  • Ignite enemies when hit by the burning shovel
  • Get some footage of the gameplay affecting alterations on a regular server! To YouTube!
Version History:

• Initial release
    • Replaced sc_ppmode with sc_uber and sc_crits to allow/disallow the use of crits + ubers when igniting.
    • Added sc_duration, sc_strength, sc_numtimes, sc_radius, sc_damage, sc_ignite and sc_cooldown, these cvars will be explained in the first post when I update the plugin.
    • Also added sc_explosion and sc_firewep for toggling the use of the particle effects used.
    • The respawn locker now refreshes the player allowing them to reignite without having to respawn.
Previews:

YouTube Video
Longer YouTube Video
Some Screenshots

Enjoy!

j0sh77 06-14-2010 15:05

Re: [TF2] Self Combusting Shovel 0.1 (14/06)

Looks nice... I might put this on my server after a couple more releases...

Jindo 06-15-2010 14:33

Re: [TF2] Self Combusting Shovel 0.1 (14/06)

Finishing up a pretty huge update now that will allow for much more customizability, the current changes include:

• Replaced sc_ppmode with sc_uber and sc_crits to allow/disallow the use of crits + ubers when igniting.
  • Added sc_duration, sc_strength, sc_numtimes, sc_radius, sc_damage, sc_ignite and sc_cooldown, these cvars will be explained in the first post when I update the plugin.
  • Also added sc_explosion and sc_firewep for toggling the use of the particle effects used.
  • The respawn locker now refreshes the player allowing them to reignite without having to respawn.
sc_gameplay will still be set to 0 by default, effects caused by setting it to 1 are easily configured via the aforementioned cvars.

EDIT: Updated!

noodleboy347 06-15-2010 15:22

Re: [TF2] Self Combusting Shovel 0.2 (15/06)

Good work

Jindo 06-16-2010 02:46

Second video preview added.

sejin513 06-16-2010 08:23

i think i found a bug.

spy cannot cloaking or un-cloaking.
but other weapons like primary works fine.

Jindo 06-16-2010 17:45

I thought I'd fixed that in 0.2, were you using 0.1?

(I'll take a closer look at the plugin, the problem at the time was that it was blocking melee weapons' right-click functionality unless they were the shovel, I thought I'd corrected it.)

Sam-1-14 06-30-2010 12:57

Self combusting shovel? more like robin walker's shovel!

toughdog6789 07-12-2010 00:38

It doesn't work you stupid dick.

Matthias Vance 08-21-2010 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughdog6789 (Post 1236300)
It doesn't work you stupid dick.

I suggest you watch your language.