AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Solved] I'm In a Big Trouble (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=242209)

claudiuhks 06-15-2014 18:42

[Solved] I'm In a Big Trouble

I'm Steam user (Steam Profile) so I have approximately all Half-Life products.
The problem is that when I run a Half-Life 1 game I get a Kernel error resulting in a blue screen crash.

I got an outdated version of Counter-Strike (CD installation bought from a website) and I can still join non-Steam servers. This version of Counter-Strike won't cause any problems regarding my system.

I'm testing my plugins and work locally (on a local server created by hl.exe process).

Is that a problem of using this product while in-trouble with the newest version?
What do US/ EU regulations say?

Thanks for understanding.

EthicalHacker007 06-15-2014 23:15

Re: I'm In a Big Trouble

But are new plugins compatible with the old engine?

DruGzOG 06-16-2014 00:09

Does this only happen with HL1 games?

ANTICHRISTUS 06-16-2014 06:55

the windows' blue screen is generally caused by:
  1. bad hardware (rare).
  2. new imcompatible/corrupted hardware/software.
  3. overflowing processes.
  4. OS issues.
etc.. I opt for the #4, so just copy past your whole Valve directory (without unnecessary games) to another computer or reinstall your OS without formatting:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 2109787)
I don't format since several years.. any live OS will allow you to access your HDD, remove the whole system files before to reinstall easily. no need to move your gigantic files to another partition/HDD, knowing that will corrupt a lot of data.
how to make a live cd ? "search" in the web for some keywords like live windows, BartPE, ubcd4win, winbuilder, knoppix (linux), etc.

edit: about the title, it seems that you fell in love or that you became -snip-.

TheDS1337 06-16-2014 07:25

I'm having a lot of Blue Screens during day, Windows 8.1 is shit

jonnzus 06-16-2014 10:15

If you have powerful PC you could install some linux distribution (but not ubuntu:twisted:) to virtual box and play hl1 based games on it :bee:

claudiuhks 06-16-2014 10:43

I'm a Windows user (Windows 8.1 Enterprise) and I get a blue screen crash while or after playing a Half-Life 1 game and only. I got 200+ games and Half-Life 1 games are the only ones causing this trouble.
Tested with Windows 7 Ultimate as well and it's the same problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthicalHacker007 (Post 2152389)
But are new plugins compatible with the old engine?

Isn't that old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnzus (Post 2152606)
If you have powerful PC you could install some linux distribution (but not ubuntu:twisted:) to virtual box and play hl1 based games on it :bee:

It doesn't matter my PC I only accept playing games directly rendered by Direct3D and only. Can't accept playing through Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, DOSBox or VirtualBox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeagLe.Studio (Post 2152531)
I'm having a lot of Blue Screens during day, Windows 8.1 is shit

Doesn't apply for me but I bet it's a hardware problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 2152511)
the windows' blue screen is generally caused by:

1. bad hardware (rare).
  2. new imcompatible/corrupted hardware/software.
  3. overflowing processes.
  4. OS issues.
etc.. I opt for the #4, so just copy past your whole Valve directory (without unnecessary games) to another computer or reinstall your OS without formatting:

edit: about the title, it seems that you fell in love or that you became -snip-.

Kernel errors are linked to programs that don't use drivers correctly. That applies for Half-Life 1 games. It does nothing to do with the OS, generally.

Anyways, I'm awaiting a big update regarding Half-Life 1 engine so I can play that games.

EthicalHacker007 06-16-2014 11:46

Try this. It's definitely worth a try.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-16-2014 16:12

it's only necessary if you lose your original drivers. get your drivers from the official manufacturer's website, nowhere else.

DruGzOG 06-16-2014 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthicalHacker007 (Post 2152669)
Try this. It's definitely worth a try.

Probably the worst thing I have ever downloaded and used. It downloads the wrong drivers.