AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   call admin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=47958)

StevnJ9971 11-30-2006 20:08

call admin

I've looked for something like this, and it's been discussed, but never made. I'm looking for a plugin that enables you to call an admin from the server. For example, you could type "!admin" in chat and a message will be sent to the admin through xFire or even AIM (which would be way better).

If this could be made for me, I would be very appreciative :up:

Reaper2331 11-30-2006 20:30

Re: call admin

i would say good idea and about the aim or xfire you can add aim, xfire, yahoo, msn, teamspeak, email, or ventrilo and it can be set by a cvar because not all admins use aim and xfire but still i give this idea a :up:

StevnJ9971 11-30-2006 22:23

I thought so too. If someone could make this, it'd be a great addition to everyone's server.

Reaper2331 11-30-2006 23:10

I wish i could lol but i just started scripting all i really do is like change the plugins from like ADMIN_BAN to use the plugin to ADMIN_RCON because there is only 3 out of like 40 admins with rcon :)

wolf414 11-30-2006 23:34

This would be a really good plugin. I run a server and I think It would be really cool if i could leave msn messanger on and can recive pms from regulars or admins on my server if there is a prob. I could be doing other stuff around the house and not always watching the server, or checking my forums.

Reaper2331 11-30-2006 23:35

Same here

StevnJ9971 12-01-2006 01:08

That's exactly why I want it. I'm obviously not going to be in my server all the time, and if there's a hacker or something in there, I want to be notified of it.

raa 12-01-2006 16:40

I think this plugin(if made) would be way more useful if it were to make a post/PM in a forum. This way all the clan members who have admin could resolve the issue rather then leaving it up to 1 person.

//EDIT - Come to think of it though, it's actually more practical if the player who needs to report a hacker simply logged into the clan forums and posted/pm'd the report. This would also cut down on un-needed database activity.

Messenger's are the way to go then..

Reaper2331 12-01-2006 16:52

That is exactly why we want this made because Like me i own a clan and a server and Do you really think i wanna go to the forums for that No i want to be pmed on yahoo, aim and i wanna be emailed! If you dont like it why say something about it? You Dont have to get this plugin if made but i like the edit lol ya just dont critize a plugin like this if you dont want it :)

StevnJ9971 12-01-2006 21:12

Yeah... Why would you post a pointless post like that? Don't bash people for wanting a plugin made a certain way.