AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Votekick Autoban 1.3 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93482)

n0limit 05-29-2009 12:37

[L4D] Votekick Autoban 1.3

1 Attachment(s)
Description
I run a public server and often griefers will be vote kicked and instantly return to continue griefing. This simple plugin solves this issue by automatically banning any player who is vote kicked for a short amount of time (by default, 5 minutes).

If there is demand, it could increase by powers of 2 each time the person is banned and returns.

Changelog
1.3 - Fixed error causing subsequent votekicks to not show name correctly.
1.2 - Added names of the players who vote kicked for auditing.
1.1 - Added sm_autoban_duration cvar and converted banning method to SourceBans compatible command.
1.0 - Initial version

CVARS
sm_autoban_duration - sets the amount of time the person is banned in minutes. 0 for permanent.

Thanks to Downtown1, I used a few snippets from his Ready-Up plugin.

MikesTooLz 05-29-2009 13:07

Re: [L4D] Votekick Autoban

Great plugin.

Will it work with SourceBans? so the bans get logged to my website and users can contest the bans to be unbanned.

n0limit 05-29-2009 14:56

I could probably integrate sourcebans into the plugin, but would it really be needed? If you kept the default time (which is 5 minutes), then by the time the user went to contest his ban it'd already be expired. If you want a longer ban, then it'd probably make sense to use one of the more extended voting plugins and issuing a voteban.
Did you just want it so the user knows why he was banned?

MikesTooLz 05-29-2009 16:57

No I was planning on making it perm ban on a votekick.

with the ban going through sourceban the ban gets logged on the servers website where users can contest the ban and admins can remove the ban.

Since there banned via sourceban when they try to rejoin it tells them they are banned and gives a link to the website were they can contest the ban.

This is how sourcebans get called in the console:
sm_ban <#userid|name> <minutes|0> [reason]

n0limit 05-29-2009 20:03

Ah, okay. I'll implement that tomorrow.

n0limit 05-30-2009 10:33

MikesToolz:
Modified to work with SourceBans.

Code:

[SM] ADMIN: Banned player "n0limit" for 5 minutes (reason: "AutoBan: banned for being votekicked").
I also made the cvar sm_autoban_duration so you can set it to 0 for permanent bans.
Let me know if you run into any troubles.

MikesTooLz 05-30-2009 11:12

Awsome, thanks alot.
Im not sure if everyone else uses sourcebans. You may want to comment out the severcommand line and have the normal ban as the default for the one thats posted on here.

ill go test it out right now and let you know how it goes.

MikesTooLz 05-30-2009 11:54

works like a charm :mrgreen:

One last question, is it posable to include the names of the players who voted to kick the person in the reason message? For example...

AutoBan: banned for being votekicked by Bill, Louise, zoey, Mike.

this would make reviewing an unban request easy since if I see they were banned by one of my freind or people I can ask them about it.

n0limit 05-30-2009 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikesTooLz (Post 838059)
Awsome, thanks alot.
Im not sure if everyone else uses sourcebans.

It's okay, the sm_ban command is part of the sourcemod package. You don't need SourceBans to use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikesTooLz
One last question, is it posable to include the names of the players who voted to kick the person in the reason message? For example...

AutoBan: banned for being votekicked by Bill, Louise, zoey, Mike.

this would make reviewing an unban request easy since if I see they were banned by one of my freind or people I can ask them about it.

That shouldn't be a problem, I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

n0limit 06-02-2009 21:09

Re: [L4D] Votekick Autoban 1.2

Sorry it took a little longer, I've had a busy week.
I've updated it to 1.2 which features the names of those who voted to kick.
Here's an example from my server:
Code:

[SM] Console: Banned player "((((Jas))))" for 5 minutes (reason: "AutoBan: Votekicked by n0limit, JaPimp and $+@L]C3r.").