AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Fun TF (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=270232)

TheUnderTaker 08-17-2015 08:34

[TF2] Fun TF

1 Attachment(s)
Fun TF v1.0

Description :

Players can do commands for themselves, admins can do for themselves + on players.

Commands :

Spoiler

Changelog :

17.8.2015 - Release.

404UserNotFound 08-20-2015 21:33

Re: [TF2] Fun TF

So this plugin is basically commands from other plugins. There's already a set class plugin, there's already a stun plugin, there's already a regenerate plugin and there's already a weapon stripping plugin. As for burn, that's in FunCommands or FunCommandsX (I forget which).

The only "new" thing it does is the bleed command. Looking at the plugins you've released thus far, I see some of them are basically recreations of things that already exist. Before working on/releasing a plugin, make sure that what you're trying to create doesn't already exist (your body colors plugin being a good example, most servers run FunCommandsX and as such, won't run your plugin). If you still want to work on something that already exists, add your own flair to it. Make it do that thing better and with more functionality/customization.

TheUnderTaker 08-21-2015 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 2335368)
So this plugin is basically commands from other plugins. There's already a set class plugin, there's already a stun plugin, there's already a regenerate plugin and there's already a weapon stripping plugin. As for burn, that's in FunCommands or FunCommandsX (I forget which).

The only "new" thing it does is the bleed command. Looking at the plugins you've released thus far, I see some of them are basically recreations of things that already exist. Before working on/releasing a plugin, make sure that what you're trying to create doesn't already exist (your body colors plugin being a good example, most servers run FunCommandsX and as such, won't run your plugin). If you still want to work on something that already exists, add your own flair to it. Make it do that thing better and with more functionality/customization.

It's not funCommandsX, but it's right, someone gave me in some of my plugin a quote of a sentence about it, I took the idea, I took from some plugins but didn't copy pasted the codes, and did everything together.

King Cnut 08-21-2015 07:30

I prefer having 1 plugin do the job of 10+ plugins, so keep up the good work!

TheUnderTaker 08-22-2015 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Cnut (Post 2335468)

Thank you! :)

404UserNotFound 08-22-2015 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Cnut (Post 2335468)

So do I, but when it comes to plugins causing server issues, it makes sense to have everything in individual plugins so you can more easily unload each plugin one by one to see if that fixes the issue, as opposed to having to figure out if it's a specific function in one huge plugin (like this one for example) that's causing the issue.

Happy DODs player 08-24-2015 15:56

Cool if there ar more fun commands just ad them in the plugin. Will test this one for sure on one of my gameservers.

TheUnderTaker 08-25-2015 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy DODs player (Post 2336580)
Cool if there ar more fun commands just ad them in the plugin. Will test this one for sure on one of my gameservers.

Umm, I don't have idea for more commands :\ if you want you can offer me :)

King Cnut 08-25-2015 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 2335815)
So do I, but when it comes to plugins causing server issues, it makes sense to have everything in individual plugins so you can more easily unload each plugin one by one to see if that fixes the issue, as opposed to having to figure out if it's a specific function in one huge plugin (like this one for example) that's causing the issue.

Well, you don't have to use this plugin. Keep using those 10 that you prefer. :wink:

404UserNotFound 08-25-2015 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Cnut (Post 2336748)
Well, you don't have to use this plugin. Keep using those 10 that you prefer. :wink:

I actually use several combined plugins that I combined myself.

Just saying that from what I've seen on this forum in the past, "combination" plugins like this that just take elements of several plugins and smush them together don't last very long...except for the Boss Spawner plugin I released which r3dw3r3w0lf later took over. That one lasted a long time before r3d abandoned it due to Custom Boss Spawner doing the same thing but better.