AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   CSDM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=47306)

KWo 11-14-2006 17:29

CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some files I re-wrote for CSDM 2.1 . The changes are in *sma, csdm.inc, csdm.cfg , csdm_plugins.ini and *amxx. The module was changed since 2.1h version.

NOTE - this version is a BETA - please test it - but if You can see any troubles with it - immediately switch back to the official 2.1. It's not recommended to use it for long time on rented servers unless You MAKE SURE it works correctly without any troubles. This version IS NOT officially supported by CSDM Dev team, but I've got BAILOPAN's permission to post files here to get feedback if my crap is working. The majority of features it includes will be rejected for the next official version (because - like I got the info from BAILOPAN - they are against the design CSDM 2 comes and because of the baddly written code by me (even if it works 100% without any bugs/problems).
I need You use it on as many PC You can to give me the feedback if everything is OK. As You know I'm always trying to test things the best I can to prevent post completly bad and useless crap - but I really need more beta testers to help with this.
The version 2.1.3b was released only because of arkshine big work with finding solution to get CSDM2 working again after february 2013 steam update and because of big help I got from him with optimizing code to remove droped weapons.
The version 2.1.3d was released because of troubles with client commands used in CSDM plugins (in 2014 VALVE has included some limitations in executing client commands).

If someone will see the changes I did they are really usefull - please write it clearly in this topic.

Here is the full list of changes I did:

[csdm_amxx module]
(2.1h) Added the function csdm_remove_weaponbox; Changed the check for removing the dropped weapon if the player-owner is disconnected (the owner is NULL).
(2.1i) Removed one not necessary check for non-existing entity with the number maxplayers+1 (added in 2.1h)
(2.1.1j) Added Bailopan's changes to get the compatibility with AMX X 1.8.0 and solve some FreeBSD problems.
(2.1.2k) Added sawce's and Bailopan's changes to get the compatibility with the latest steam update.
(2.1.3b) Added arkshine's changes to get th compatibility with the latest steam update (feb 2013). Changed the way of finding weapons dropped by players to prevent looping through all entities (that should infulence the performance of the server - less CPU consumption) - big thanks again to arkshine.
(2.1.3c) Added arkshine's change to get th compatibility with the latest steam update (apr 2013). Big thanks again to arkshine.

[csdm_main]
+Fixed bug concerning to map specyfic weapons configuartion/restriction (more info about that You can read here
+The displaying in the menu of the CSDM state is changed - now it says clearly CSDM Enabled/ CSDM Disabled instead Enable/Disable)
+Added the command "sv_restartround 2" after changing the state of CSDM
+(2.1c) Added csdm_settings_menu() native and special menu for CSDM settings (there are such items as FFA enabled/disabled, Spawn Protection Enbaled/Disabled, Radar Scrambled/Disabled, Item Mode Enabled/Disabled etc).
+(2.1d) Added some items from the csdm.cfg for the part [settings] to the settings csdm menu.
+(2.1g) Fixed problem with say "/respawn" function
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with weapons not removed if dropped by bots or by disconnected player (requires the new csdm_amxx module included into beta pacake!!!). Please give me the feeedback if it loads and works on linux (tested only on windows!!!).
+(2.1h) Added the function to write to csdm.cfg any changes with CSDM settings from "CSDM Settings Menu". This is the most hated function by Bailopan I did (it's against the design). If You don't wish to save by any admin Your original settings from csdm.cfg You can mark this file as read-only. After enabling/disbling CSDM from the menu it saves this into csdm.cfg and changelevel is called (so there is no need to recreate entities or removig them during the game - when the map was already loaded).
+(2.1i) Added CSDM Main Settings Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).
+(2.1.3b) Small changes to beeter use FM_SetModel function (to use it also for dropped shield).
+(2.1.3d) Changed all client commands showing menus to console commands with shorter names of them.

[csdm_equip]
+Added a check if there is any menu displayed - then wait (max 30s) to prevent owerwrite it (after that max time it's overwritten anyway).
+Added a check if item mode is enabled - if so - the gun menus aren't displayed
+(2.1c)Added the support for limit weapons/per map - for example if You want to have only 2 awp's on some map write the line in the section [item_restrictions]:
awp 2
+(2.1c)If You used some limited weapon before get killed, the Equip Menu doesn't let You use items 2 ("Previous selection") nor 3 ("2 + don't ask me again") - it would be unfair if You could use some limited gun every respawn - other players want to use them too...
+(2.1d) Added some items from the csdm.cfg for the part [equip] to the settings csdm menu
+(2.1f) Temporary fix for "Invalid player" error returned by cs_get_user_team
+(2.1g) If You write 0 for all secondary weapon (and also for primary weapons) - since this version if there is no any secondary weapon available and the secondary gun menu is not displayed at all. The same about primary gun. Added the temporary fix for menu allowing to use disabled items (I can remove it when AMX X 1.76d or higher will be as a requirement).
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu
+(2.1i) Added CSDM Equip Settings menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).
+(2.1j) Reduced the delay between respawning and equiping the player by a gun (if he chose before 2 or 3).
+(2.1.3d) Changed all client commands showing menus to console commands with shorter names of them.

[csdm_spawn_preset]
+Added support for team specyfic spawn points
+(2.1c) Merged spawn editor with spawn preset into one plugin (by BAILOPAN's decision)
In the part of spawn_editor these changes has been done in some previous beta I posted before:
+Added support for team specyfic spawn points
+(2.1c) Fixed BUG with deleting and editing the latest spawn (when there was only 1 spawn point remaining there was no way to delete/edit it)
+(2.1c) Fixed bug with displaying the closest spawn number (if the statistics says we have 1 spawn point - the closest one should have the number 1 instead 0 - it's for users - not for programmers)
+(2.1h) The player is now spawned at leats 500 units far away from enemies and it also takes care now about FFA mode.
+(2.1i) Fixed bug which would let anyone to open the spawns editor (regardless if he has or not the correct flag with the access).

[csdm_misc]
+Changed - the config is read also if CSDM is disabled
+Changed - Removing buyzones, bombsites, hostage/vip rescue points is possible also during the game - I mean if someone started the game with CSDM disabled, but then he enabled CSDM from the main CSDM menu (only hostages aren't removed - probably for that we need to hide them in the future release like it was in old CSDM 1.70.3xx)
+On maps where there is no buyzone entities - the buy icon is hidden if MAPSTRIP_BUY flag is active (that icon was still active in spawn points areas - it was annoying)
+(2.1d) Added some items from the csdm.cfg for the part [misc] to the settings csdm menu.
+(2.1e) Weapons existing on maps (on ground) are stripped now if in misc section You have setuped "b" flag in remove_objectives variable (it will not be added to the official version!!!)
+(2.1g) Since this version is possible to stop strp entities from the map if for the particular map (with per map config) the stripping (or CSDM at all) is disabled.
+(2.1h) Removing weapons on the ground, player_weaponstrip and game_player_equip - has been moved to the new plugin csdm_stripper.
+(2.1h) Added the possibility to always invoke gun menu under certain restriction. Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.
+(2.1i) Removed hint "press buy" when buying is disabled (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added hide_money variable to csdm.cfg to disable showing money if buying is disabled (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added hide_timer variable to csdm.cfg to disable showing timer if all VIP/cs_/de_ objectives are removed (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added CSDM Misc Settings Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).
+(2.1j) Fixed some rarely problem with generating Run Time Errors when Money and Time was disabled to displaying (it appeared on listenservers for spectators).

[csdm_stripper]
+(2.1h) Added new plugin which can read its-own section from csdm.cfg to remove from the map any entities You wish. These the most frequently used on some fun maps are listed already in the new csdm.cfg in 2.1h beta package.

[csdm_spawn_protection]
+(2.1c) Fixed bug with disabling spawn protection not working
+(2.1c) Added the possibility to switch on/off the spawn protection from CSDM Settings Menu.
+(2.1h) Fixed bug with settings for glowing after respawning (well - exactly the bug was in csdm.cfg)
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.
+(2.1i) Added the option to switch on/off the glowing if someone wants to have protection enabled but without glowing.
+(2.1i) Added the separate glowing colour of spawned players when FFA is on.
+(2.1i) Changed the protection-off moment - now it's off when any of IN_ATTACK, IN_ATTACK2, IN_FORWARD, IN_BACK, IN_MOVELEFT, IN_MOVERIGHT
key is pressed (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added some code against other plugins controlling protection (to prevent interfere with such plugins).
+(2.1i) Added CSDM Protection Settings Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).

[csdm_ffa]
+Added the option in csdm.cfg in ffa section - radar_disable - if it's 0 (default) the radar is scrambled, i it's 1 - the radar is hidden on the client side (but the discussion about possible issues with this You can read here)
+Changed - now csdm_ffa_ctrl says clearly how the status of ffa has been changed (before there was no info if it was switched to on or to off)
+(2.1c) Moved FFA enabling and Radar Disabling to CSDM Settings Menu
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.
+(2.1i) Added the function to disable Fire In the Hole message if FFA is enabled (by Simon Logic)
+(2.1i) Added CSDM FFA Settings Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).

[csdm_tickets]
+Added the menu for ticketing
+Added possibility to enable/disable the ticketing system from that menu
+Added possibility to increase /decrase the number of tickets per team from the menu.
+Added the possibility to choose from the menu the method of displaying tickets remaining (HUD or chat).
+(2.1c) Added ticketing for players against the standard ticketing for teams. To enable ticketing for players go to the csdm.cfg and find the line in [ticketing] section:
ticketing_player = 0
and change the default value (0 - team ticketing) to 1 (player ticketing)
+(2.1g) Fixed problem with say "/respawn" function blocked by this plugin
+(2.1h) Fixed few problems with mode for ticketing players.
+(2.1i) Moved CSDM Tickets Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).

[csdm_itemmode]
+Added the item editor !!! (I hope the menus I did they will be cool for You to easy add some items to the map )
+If item mode is enabled Equip menu is not displayed anymore (like it was in old CSDM 1.70.3xx)
+(2.1c) Added the possibility enable/disable item mode from the CSDM Settings Menu
+(2.1e) Weapons_stay <time> should work also in itemmode (but it may cause lags because of amount of entities - don't put it higher than 5 for item_mode!!!)
+(2.1e) Extending collision boxes for items and for grenade
+(2.1g) P90 works now correctly with smg_ammo; added p228 to the Item Editor.
+(2.1i) Fixed zero bounding box for non-grenade weapons (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added the new kind of drop pack in csdm.cfg - 0=disabled, 1=DM type (standard), 2=CS type (standard + armor and health included - by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added to csdm.cfg the variable persistent_items (1) to prevent fall down items while respawning; (0) - items are falling down (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added to csdm.cfg 3 variables for nades - max_hnades, max_fnades, max_snades - they mean how many (max) nades each type the player can pickup and keep in his hands (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added the new parameter in the line of item configuration in ents_mapname.cfg - angle of the item (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Changed - if pack is droped and weapon_stay is grater than 0, the pack doesn't include the weapon, because the weapon You can pickup anyway (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added - the messages are sent to the player when item_healthkit and item_battery are picked-up - to display the icon on the right side of the screen. To get it working correctly You need to have the fixed sprite 640hud2.spr (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Fixed bug with drop_time not working correctly (found by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Fixed bug with not playing the sound when item_battery or item_medkit is picked-up (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added the possibility to pickup more health than 100 if the max_health changed by some plugin lets to use higher health (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Changed - the help about using longjump is displayed once for a player per map (by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Changed - player can grab CSDM weapon as ammo bonus if carring the same weapon type (dropped weapons are not supported - use external plugin; by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Changed - death packs now got initial velocity based on players velocity during his
death (taken from original DM gameplay - by Simon Logic).
+(2.1i) Added to csdm.cfg the new variable no_gun_menu; 1 - in item mode no gun menu is displayed, 0 - the gun menu is still displayed (necessary if You want to put item config with ammo only and ammo_refill is 0).
+(2.1i) Added CSDM Items Settings Menu (with settings of this plugin) to the Settings Menu (sorted menu done in 2.1c).

Have fun and please test it if You can and give me the feedback. :)

[EDIT]
2.1i update - It was already 337 + 375 + 545 + 560 downloads before reaploading the new beta version...
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
2.1.2k update for the steam update (thanks to sawce and Bailopan) - it requires AMX X 1.8.x. Leaving for now 2.1i for those they still are using AMX X 1.76d.
[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
2.1.3b update for the steam update feb 2013 (thanks to arkshine). It requires AMX X 1.8.2. Optimized the code for finding dropped weapons they need to be removed by CSDM - thanks again to arkshine to figure it out. The module uses now some functions coded in HAM module to get private data.
[/EDIT3]

[EDIT4]
2.1.3c 2.1.3b update for the steam update apr 2013 (thanks to arkshine again).
[/EDIT4]

[EDIT5]
2.1.3d update against limitations in client commands.
[/EDIT5]

pulpy 11-14-2006 23:02

Re: CSDM 2.1a beta

sounds like alot of work, im probably not going to update as mine is working perfectly fine atm, and last update kinda went haywire... but how have u fixed the map specific configs? Mine work fine, i just redirect in each map.cfg for the csdm reload.

Also did u address the issue that when u first joined, and say... got a m4 and deagle, then made it save ur weapon, then maybe 6 rounds later u try to get an ak and usp, it works only when the menu asks u, but after u hit 3 for the last time (i think it asks u 2x) it'll give u a m4 and deagle again (ur original layout)

Edit: oh might i make a suggestion

Put a limit on certain weapons. Awp gets whored to often and u cant limit it with regular plugins. I requested this before bail liked the idea, but so far i havent seen it implemented.. maybe u can add like a section in the config beside each weapon and 0 means no limit, 1 will limit 1 to each team, etc.

KWo 11-15-2006 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulpy
but how have u fixed the map specific configs? Mine work fine, i just redirect in each map.cfg for the csdm reload.

I've described the problem here.

Quote:

Also did u address the issue that when u first joined, and say... got a m4 and deagle, then made it save ur weapon, then maybe 6 rounds later u try to get an ak and usp, it works only when the menu asks u, but after u hit 3 for the last time (i think it asks u 2x) it'll give u a m4 and deagle again (ur original layout)

After hitting first time item 3 (save and don't ask again) from the equip menu - did You use the say command "guns" or "/guns" to see the menu second time?

Quote:

Put a limit on certain weapons. Awp gets whored to often and u cant limit it with regular plugins. I requested this before bail liked the idea, but so far i havent seen it implemented.. maybe u can add like a section in the config beside each weapon and 0 means no limit, 1 will limit 1 to each team, etc.

I can work on it, but I need to speak with BAILOPAN first how it should be done (the way/method only). But first I need to fix some bugs in podbot mm the people reported at podbot mm forum and release V3B16c, then I can try to take a look at the weapon limit problem. I think I need about 3-4 days for work on pb mm.

pulpy 11-15-2006 03:28

no problem, simply a request, and i just wanted to know ur issue with the csdm, simple enough, i just made 1 for awp maps, 1 for w/e named em awp.cfg in their own folders :)

As for the weapon problem, i used guns, not /guns

KWo 11-19-2006 07:18

Re: CSDM 2.1b beta

I've re-upload the beta - fixed some minor issues, some features I've added they are coded better now (especially in csdm_equip.sma - big thanks to BAILOPAN for the function player_menu_info :) , csdm_ffa is rewritten after big disussion with BAILOPAN in that topic.
I hope the next beta will contain the limitation of ceratin weapons per map.

csman4ik 11-26-2006 09:54

1 Attachment(s)
Tickets menu works.
But (watch screen):
1.when I press ''5'', nothing happens
2.how to unlock first item?

KWo 11-26-2006 15:03

As You can see on Your picture there is no item for "5" - so what should happen? I think that's OK. About Your second question - because You reached the limit of tickets by increasing them - You can decrase them only. Then the increasing (1) will be unlocked again. :)

csman4ik 11-26-2006 16:21

sry me 5=2:D thx for your explanation

KWo 11-26-2006 17:07

Re: CSDM 2.1c beta

The beta has been updated. A lot of changes You can see there (in parenthesies there is written (2.1c) - to show You what was changed in the latest beta. The latest changes in 2.1c are:
[csdm_main]
+Added the special menu for CSDM settings (as FFA, Spawn protection, Item mode etc...)

[csdm_equip]
+Added the support for limit weapons/per map - for example if You want to have only 2 awp's on some map write the line in the section [item_restrictions]:
awp 2
+If You used some limited weapon before get killed, the Equip Menu doesn't let You use items 2 ("Previous selection") nor 3 ("2 + don't ask me again") - it would be unfair if You could use some limited gun every respawn - other players want to use them too...

[csdm_ffa]
+Moved FFA enabling and Radar Disabling to CSDM Settings Menu

[csdm_tickets]
+Added ticketing for players against the standard ticketing for teams. To enable ticketing for players go to the csdm.cfg and find the line in [ticketing] section:
ticketing_player = 0
and change the default value (0 - team ticketing) to 1 (player ticketing)

[csdm_spawn_preset]
+Merged spawn editor with spawn preset into one plugin (by BAILOPAN's decision)

[csdm_itemmode]
+Added the possibility enable/disable item mode from the CSDM Settings Menu

[csdm_spawn_protection]
+Fixed bug with disabling spawn protection not working
+Added the possibility to switch on/off the spawn protection from CSDM Settings Menu.

Please update Your beta and give me the feedback if You like the changes and if they work correctly for You.

pulpy 11-26-2006 17:23

KWo, sounds interesting but for the weapon limit, is that per team, or just globally? Also, if u use a limited weapon, u say that the person cant press 2 or 3 so it gives others a chance, wat if the user just simply used it 1x, and suddenly bam, they cant for a while now, ppl tend to get annoyed when their choosing weapons and die because of it, and then the menu starts over again, so having say.. awpers choose a weapon every death, their of course going to try for the awp first, bam dead, damn, okay find ak, bam dead, ah finally ak.

lol, hopefully u followed that :P

KWo 11-26-2006 17:32

Quote:

KWo, sounds interesting but for the weapon limit, is that per team, or just globally?

It's globally.

Quote:

Also, if u use a limited weapon, u say that the person cant press 2 or 3 so it gives others a chance, wat if the user just simply used it 1x, and suddenly bam, they cant for a while now, ppl tend to get annoyed when their choosing weapons and die because of it, and then the menu starts over again, so having say.. awpers choose a weapon every death, their of course going to try for the awp first, bam dead, damn, okay find ak, bam dead, ah finally ak.

I think I didn't get it. :) If awp is limited You cannot use 2 nor 3 next respawn but if ak47 is not limited, You can use 2 and 3 without any problem next respawn. And You can extend the time for spawn protection (in csdm.cfg) if You are afraid You cannot choose the weapon from the gun menu, because someone may kill You if You are choosing the gun too long time.

pulpy 11-26-2006 19:11

thanks for the reply, was hoping to do the limits per team, that way 1 team cant whore the awps or w/e, as sometimes 1 team becomes so dominating the awpers live for about 10 kills at a time. Also would it be difficult to change it so that its not every death but maybe... a set death limit before they must change weapons if their using a limited weapon?

Also the reason y i ask about the limits is because my server is a uwc3 dm server, so sometimes the teams get stacked lvl wise, and certain players can withstand about 3-4 awp shots (not legged) at times (me being 1), so instead of 1 team say.. getting 4 awps, and the awpers tend to be all high lvl's then the 1 team is screwed, because generally the only way to kill an awper, is a decently lvled opposing awper, or a few ppl para rushing him.

There is yet to be a balance system to work for csdm, let alone work for player lvls in wc3 style gameplay.

KWo 11-27-2006 11:48

I can change this to count the limit for teams (instead globally), but BAILOPAN is about to merging some my changes right now, so I don't know if I can post something newer. I found also the bug with limitation I did - at the very beginning (the first round after startup - everyone is able to take the limited gun, because noone owns it yet - so if all gun menus are displayed for all players simultaneously - all players are able to get the limited gun (which is wrong). But for bots it works correctly (only some bots are able to take the limited weapon, because it's checked for them exactly in the moment they choose some gun). :D

KWo 11-27-2006 17:28

Please test this version with weapon limiting for teams. I've also fixed the bug I mentioned before. If everything will be working fine for You - I'll update the first post.

pulpy 11-27-2006 21:00

alright i'll try it out tonight

KWo 11-28-2006 15:29

I've forgot to write, You should've test that csdm_equip 2.1d plugin with all others plugins from 2.1c (and compile it with include from 2.1c), otheriwse You may experience some problems...

pulpy 11-29-2006 05:29

sry, got busy lately, havent had a chance to test it out, i'll try to asap

KWo 12-01-2006 18:00

Re: CSDM 2.1d beta

I've updated again the beta - the main change is - there are added some items to the CSDM Settings Menu (some options from csdm.cfg). Currently that menu contains 4 pages, so I didn't add there disabling/enabling weapons like they are listed in csdm.cfg in the [equip] part. If You can see the sense they should be also there I can add them, but for now please check these menus like they are and let me know if they are usefull.

Simon Logic 12-06-2006 04:31

I have the following issues with 2.1d:
1) when you come over an armorpack/medkit, you get it twice - frist when you're close enough to armor, second one when you come right over it. I suppose (now i'm sure) it's beause you do not strip an existent items from the map which duplicate them in ents_xxx.cfg file.
2) i set weapons_stay = 20 but when you throw a weapon it immediately dissapears. If itemmode is disabled, everything is fine.
3) i recommend to extend collision boxes for items and for grenades also (like in HLDM); here is example
Code:

MakeEnt(item_id)
{
    if (type <= 30) // Is it a Weapon?
    {
        set_pev(entid, pev_angles, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})
        set_pev(entid, pev_velocity, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})
    }
    if(type > 30 || type == CSW_FLASHBANG || type == CSW_SMOKEGRENADE || type == CSW_HEGRENADE)
    {
        static const Float:vecItemMins[3] = {-16.0, -16.0, 0.0}
        static const Float:vecItemMaxs[3] = { 16.0,  16.0, 16.0}
        engfunc(EngFunc_SetSize, entid, vecItemMins, vecItemMaxs)
    }
}

4) pev function failed on some entities. an error raised within csdm_misc.sma::OnEntSpawn(ent). suppose one forgot to validate ent var by using pev_valid() function.
5) while taking a healthkit or armorpack an ugly icons draw on hud (do you need a screenshot?)

And some questions:
1) is it possible in itemmode to give a spawned player not only a nife, but a secondary weapon also?
2) (again in itemmode) if ammo_refill is 0 and you come over a weapon you have already you should grab it as a clip bonus (if there is a space in your clip). It's more DM-like style. Right now nothing happens.

KWo 12-06-2006 15:51

Glad to see some feedback for my beta... :)
Also I'm happy You found only such issues - the most serious seems to be that one with 4) pev - doesn't matter if it was also in official CSDM2.1 or if it's some my mistake - that one need to be fixed with the highest priority.
About the issues:
1. I need to test with the same map You were testing it. What was the setting for stripping weapons from the maps (in the section [settings] - strip_weapons setting)? What was that map? I have to reproduce it on my PC to better understand and see what happens in the code.
2. weapons_stay - I believe I can fix it
3. I haven't tested yet Your code - what is it supposed to do?
4. That one for sure must be there.
5. Yeah - make a screenshot, please.

About Your questions:
1. The map items file should contain some secondary weapons near spawn points. It's only the question who and how created the file with entities. I did the editor for entities - so now You can easy put any itmes You want to have them on Your map. Just try and also give some feedback if You found some issues with item-editor.
2. I don't know why You should grab as bonus the ammo without pickuping the weapon? Try this way - drop Your current weapon and pickup that one You can see (the same type) from the ground - Your ammo should be as one clip full (I think). I haven't seen any specyfication of DM - how does it should work - maybe better wait for some answer from Bailopan.

If You can test with itemmode disabled the weapon restrictions - I mean limited amount of some weapons per map for on team - I mean for example:
[item_restrictions]
m4a1 3
ak47 2
deagle 4
etc - if it's working correctly for You (with itemmode disabled). I need for that some feedback, too.
During few days I'll try to post some newer beta with fixes for the issues You mentioned above.

Simon Logic 12-06-2006 18:08

1 Attachment(s)
I was playing crossfire (deathmatch original map). Also u can test any map with entities made by mappers. item_mode does not care about existent item entities yet. Also you can make an option - to strip or not existent map entities. It would be very flexible.

Also take .cfg files with entity data i've attached in neighbour topic called bsp2csdm.

As for bounding boxes. Just play with the above files to see the difference by yourself. Your bounding boxes are not the same as HL:DM has. In CS you have to jump directly on item to grab it instead of taking it when you bypass it close enough. It irritates extremely when an item is put on a half-player-height platfrom because you have to jump over it. It really noticable on xbounce2 map.

Also i've attached a screenshot which shows that visually i already touched a weapon but it is not grabbed by me yet. I almost sure that weapons have small ({16, 16, 8} instead of {32, 32, 16}) bounding boxes too.

Q1. This is not applicable for DM maps. I'm just asking about an option. After you've been spawned it's very hard to fight and search for some weapon with the only knife. =) You almost have no change to survive (3 sec damage protection does not help; don't want set more time). Also it's not so critical because csdm is open source =)
Q2. You misanderstood me a little. You actually grab a weapon, but this action just fulfils your ammo clip with amount of bullets in picking up weapon.

Other questions i'll reply later. Need to sleep right now.

faluco 12-07-2006 14:18

Kwo ive decided you should make the itemmode editor in a separate plugin like what is done for spawn. I dont understand how people are getting double items, but it didnt happen before, so in order to ease debugging for the future its better to separete it into 2 plugins. Thanks

Btw good point on the weapon box size, ive encountered this issue too before, but i dont know why i didnt fix it, indeed its better to increase the box size so you can get the item only by touching it.

KWo 12-07-2006 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by faluco
Kwo ive decided you should make the itemmode editor in a separate plugin like what is done for spawn.

It was BAILOPAN's decision to include item_editor inside itemmode plugin due to problems with necessity making some interface between plugins to tell csdm_itemmode from csdm_item_editor "Hey - the editor is now running - don't let pickup weapons by the player for this moment" or "Itemeditor has finished its work - please reload file with entities in csdm_itemmode plugin" etc. Because of similar (and other) reasons BAILOPAN decided to merge csdm_spawn_preset with spawn_editor. Please contact with him to have one idea how this mod should look like... :P
I'll try to debug it my-self if it's too difficult for You debug it with my code - don't worry. ;)

[EDIT]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Logic (Post 411397)
I have the following issues with 2.1d:
1) when you come over an armorpack/medkit, you get it twice - frist when you're close enough to armor, second one when you come right over it. I suppose (now i'm sure) it's beause you do not strip an existent items from the map which duplicate them in ents_xxx.cfg file.

I think the problem is happening because of that tool and doesn't stripping existing weapons from the map.
@Faluco - Are You sure You tested it on any map with weapons on the ground made by mappers? ;)
[/EDIT]
[EDIT2]
Now I'm sure - in the csdm_main g_StripWeapons works only for weapons the players are spawned with, but it doesn't care about weapons existing on the ground (created by mappers). Well - I'm expecting some troubles with enabling CSDM during the game with itemmode on such maps (CSDM is enabled, it is starting to strip weapons and other entities like buyzones, bomb sites etc and the same time the entites are created from the file mapname_ents.cfg... - maybe they will be removed, too, if I don't delay creating them before stripping function will finish the work...)
[/EDIT2]

KWo 12-07-2006 17:41

@Simon Logic:
1)Weapons existing on maps (on ground) are stripped now if in misc section You have setuped "b" flag in remove_objectives variable. In the future I would suggest to BAILOPAN to add a separate flag for that. It's temporary - to let You test if it works.
2) weapons_stay 20 should work now for You with itemmode.
3) Added Your code for extending collision boxes for items and for grenades.
4) In csdm_misc there is added that pev_valid function in OnEntSpawn.
5) I still have no idea what is the problem with these "ugly cons" as hud - CS drawns them by it-self, not CSDM...

faluco 12-07-2006 21:26

Yes i know BAILOPAN told you this, but ive already talked to him and we agreed to change it, sorry for the inconvenience. If you need a better interface we can discuss it and do some multiforwards for plugin communication to make it easier.

Yes i tested the plugin in fy_iceworld and no problems. About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose to keep what the old itemmode did, since weapons are already on the floor and there are deathpacks if you start adding also the dropped weapons by players it looses part of the fun of the mod, so it wasnt really a bug.
And about those icons, its a message sent by the engine when you get a healthpack, im not sure now why it appears, i remember i added this manually to see if something nice appeared, but after seeing it was a skull i quickly removed it, dont know what a skull has to do with a healthpack but its something hardcoded in the engine.

KWo 12-08-2006 04:16

Another reason for itemeditor to be included into csdm_itemmode plugin was this - when I did it the first time as a separate plugin (about 1 month ago), the half of the code (for creating entities, reading config files with entities definition, removing them from the map etc) it was... about half code of Your plugin.
Here are some situations itemmode plugin should know the editor is working so it should behave in some specyfic ways (You need to rewrite some code of Your plugin anyway):
1. Someone switched to on my item editor - this man should see since that moment ALL weapons defined in the items config file (including these weapons they are restricted in csdm.cfg). In this case Your csdm_itemmode should remove all entities from the map then - itemeditor should create them including also these restricted (to let the user delete/move some of them, add new ones etc.)
2. Your plugin should know the user is editing the map entities config (by item editor) - so pfnTouch function shouldn't let pickup weapons in this time (You want to remove some item, but You are too close to it - so You pickup it, if that function lets do this; You removed some entity, but itemmode plugin doesn't know yet this - so You pickup not existing already item etc).
3. The user finished the work with editor - by using "exit" from any of menus in itemeditor - I have to remove all weapons from the map (because they might be also displayed these restricted), then You should get the info (itemeditor finished the work) and You should reload the config file.

In my private opinion making forwards for such kind communication and use 2 times the half code the same in 2 separate plugins is ugly and no worth to do, but let me know what was the main reason You successed with changing BAILOPAN's decision (as far as I know it's very hard to make him changing any decision, so You had to have really good argument - I would like to know it).

Simon Logic 12-08-2006 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo
I think the problem is happening because of that tool

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo

I have rewritten the code to this one:
Code:
    new Float:Vec[3], Float:Vec2[3]     ...     if (type <= 30) // Is it a Weapon?     {         set_pev(entid, pev_angles, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})         set_pev(entid, pev_velocity, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})     }     // extend item bounding box to DM-like size...     pev(entid, pev_mins, Vec)     pev(entid, pev_maxs, Vec2)     if(Vec[0] > -16.0) Vec[0] = -16.0     if(Vec[1] > -16.0) Vec[1] = -16.0     if(Vec2[0] < 16.0) Vec2[0] = 16.0     if(Vec2[1] < 16.0) Vec2[1] = 16.0     engfunc(EngFunc_SetSize, entid, Vec, Vec2)
Consider it, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwo
5) I still have no idea what is the problem with these "ugly cons" as hud - CS drawns them by it-self, not CSDM...

I thought register_message() should do the job. I did not work with HUD icons yet.

And some more ideas:
1) i already hate a chat manual for longjump. Can you make it appear only once pre connect or once per round or disable at all at least in config file?
2) disable a BUY hint at HUD in item mode; i suppose it can be done with
Code:
register_message(get_user_msgid("HudTextArgs"), "hookHudTextArgs")

Quote:

but after seeing it was a skull i quickly removed it, dont know what a skull has to do with a healthpack but its something hardcoded in the engine.

Yes, CSDM 1.70 does not show HUD icons at all. Pity.

Quote:

About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose...

You have settings in cfg file and CSDM should obey them. Isn't it a basic concept? Also i don't see any fun in disappearing weapon on drop. Moreover this feature adds new tactics. You can shoot with two (try more =) ) weapons consecutively.

KWo 12-08-2006 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Logic
No.

I know - read [EDIT2]

Quote:

Consider it, please.

Later - first, please, try test 2.1e I posted about 3 posts above.

You have settings in cfg file and CSDM should obey them. Isn't it a basic concept? Also i don't see any fun in disappearing weapon on drop. Moreover this feature adds new tactics. You can shoot with two (try more =) ) weapons consecutively.[/QUOTE]

Quote:

About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose...

You can always write weapons_stay 0 in csdm.cfg - so Your weapons will be removed immediately. If someone want to have them on the ground for a while - why not? Done in 2.1e (really stupid way :D) - please test it.

faluco 12-08-2006 09:19

I have already told you the reason. If you want your editor to be added to the official release it will have to be done this way, it doesnt matter if you need to copy some of the code.

About the weapon drops, once more, deathpacks loose their purpose if you leave weapons on the floor by players, if you turn deathpacks off you will be able to drop them, that's how it is coded. Since a plugin may not meet every admins rules of play and this is open source you can change it for your server, just remove this code inside the plugin:
Code:

public csdm_HandleDrop(id, weapon, death)
{
 return (g_Enabled && g_droppacks && csdm_active()) ? CSDM_DROP_REMOVE : CSDM_DROP_CONTINUE
}

And of course its not funny, i dont laugh at all when i drop the weapon and it disappears, what i'll do is add a note in that option for next release.
Only a note, if your server has a high player count on heavy game playing you risk it from crashing.

I dont know why the skull is appearing in your game because i havent seen it in any other players happening but anyways i'll add a block for that message in case the server is sending it (which i doubt it), if this doesnt fix it then its your game doing it and there's nothing we can do with client side issues.

KWo 12-08-2006 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by faluco (Post 412251)
I have already told you the reason.

If the only reason is debugging problem, that's not big problem, but since You already decided so - I have no choice and I have to do this way, but as I told You - You will need change Your code a bit, too. I just doubt You whole looked into my code - it's written so easy way so You shouldn't have any problem to debugg it at all (just please look at it a bit). But as You want...

Quote:

you can change it for your server, just remove this code inside the plugin:
Code:

public csdm_HandleDrop(id, weapon, death)
{
 return (g_Enabled && g_droppacks && csdm_active()) ? CSDM_DROP_REMOVE : CSDM_DROP_CONTINUE
}

That's exactly what I did in my posted above version. :D

Quote:

And of course its not funny, i dont laugh at all when i drop the weapon and it disappears, what i'll do is add a note in that option for next release.
Only a note, if your server has a high player count on heavy game playing you risk it from crashing.

You may risk the same with "normal CSDM mode" (non-item mode) if weapon stay is grater than 0. I believe that's why in BAILOPAN's code there is a limit to 20 second only.

Simon Logic 12-08-2006 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 412019)
@Simon Logic:
1) Weapons existing on maps (on ground) are stripped now if in misc section You have setuped "b" flag in remove_objectives variable. In the future I would suggest to BAILOPAN to add a separate flag for that. It's temporary - to let You test if it works.
2) weapons_stay 20 should work now for You with itemmode.
4) In csdm_misc there is added that pev_valid function in OnEntSpawn.

Everything works fine. Implementation of flag "e" for stripping existent items would be great.

I noticed a short delay when picking up a first weapon with item_mode enabled. Don't remember if it was in previous version.

I see you did not take in mind an idea of picking up a weapon as ammo bonus if you already have the same weapon. Is it declined?

faluco 12-08-2006 12:51

I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin. I've read your code, so dont assume i talk without knowing what i say.

It's obvious the risk is going to be much higher with itemmode, dont say its going to be the same, because the ent load on the server is going to be much higher so think about it.

KWo 12-08-2006 16:49

Quote:

I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin.

If You don't want to change Your code at all - how do You want to prevent any side effects I've described here?
I forgot also to tell You one thing more - if someone switched on itemmode with Your version (without any communication between plugins) the gun menu was still appearing, so there was no sense to try to find any items on the ground if the player still had gun menu...

Before - You were talking something about some forwards for communication between plugins, now - since I showed You some kind of little necessity of modyfing Your plugin - You are telling me You are not going to change Your code at all. I don't want to post separate item editor plugin which will badlly interfere with Your plugin (then You will say to everyone it's because I wrote item editor baddly). I can post both separate plugins: item editor and Your itemmode with the modyfications I need for communication if You don't have time to work on it (I believe You are too much busy to focus on this right now). But making the itemeditor as a separate plugin, then releasing it with current itemmode plugin (without that communication) is a bad idea. I don't want to answer at forum to the people "Why do I have double items" or "I have troubles with editing ent cfg files becuse item mode knows nothing about that what I edited" this way "Please, switch off itemmode while editing the map with entites". It will be neverending asking about the same...
Another thing is this - I still didn't get Your arguing about debugging problem since - as I said - about half of the code used by itemeditor is... Your. But this is a separate question - I don't think we need to discuss it here at the forum. I smell You are rather afraid to take over some responsability for the code which is not Your. So maybe I should delete then my betas from the forum to let You write itemeditor plugin Your-self? What I saw is this - You guys, are very busy so You don't have time to improve/extend the functionality of CSDM 2.1 Your-self. The people were asking about few things - I showed some ways to resolve the problems they were asking about. I wanted to help with this, but seems You don't want my help. :(

Quote:

It's obvious the risk is going to be much higher with itemmode, dont say its going to be the same, because the ent load on the server is going to be much higher so think about it.

You may prevent overload entities very easy - on every drop You need to check how many items is there on the map (I don't remember the function name, but there is some function telling how many entities is currently on the map). Then if that number will be about the max (something about 1400? - I have to ask orangutanz about the exact number, You can even subtract some safe reserver and check for example - 1300) - You can remove dropped items instantly...It shouldn't be so much complicated...It should be even managed in the csdm_main plugin.

Quote:

I see you did not take in mind an idea of picking up a weapon as ammo bonus if you already have the same weapon. Is it declined?

I haven't got yet any reply from BAILOPAN how it should work.

faluco 12-08-2006 18:44

Do you really think i was going to make fun of you or blame you if it wont work well, come on KWo i think we are mature enough to react with these childish ways.

Anyway, you clearly havent understood my post because you are saying just the opposite of what i wrote before, so i'll try to repeat it more clear.
I'm OPEN to MODIFY my plugin for your editor, the only thing im asking is to be in a separate plugin, for me it's perfectly fine to modify it and add those forwards for plugin communicatiion ok? i dont know from where you got I wont modify it at all, i only said i didnt want to load the plugin more with a full editor in it. So in a line, i want to change my plugin to allow communication with your editor.

You are right about us being busy with other stuff, and its perfectly fine you want to implement these things and help us, im very grateful about it and for your editor, so dont think i dont want your help ok?
What i only ask is to be in a separate plugin.

Ive seen your changelog and noticed what you said about the weapon menu. You're right about it, but what i'll do is add an option to block it, ive seen some servers having the menu and the items at the same time only for health packs and ammo etc, so to keep backwards compat i think its better to add an option and let users decide.

KWo 12-09-2006 04:18

Quote:

i dont know from where you got I wont modify it at all, i only said i didnt want to load the plugin more with a full editor in it.

I've got it from this:
Quote:

I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin.

I've got "for my editor" - it sounds for me like "because of my editor" - probably because of my poor English. Doesn't matter - thanks for the clarifying and sorry for misunderstunding Your words.

I'll try to post my separate csdm_itemeditor.sma during 2 days. Peace.

Simon Logic 12-09-2006 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by "kwo
I haven't got yet any reply from BAILOPAN how it should work.

Ok, just wanna point that this is for item mod only.

faluco 12-09-2006 08:34

:) nice it's all clarified now KWo, take your time, dont need to rush it in 2 days.

Maurice 12-10-2006 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 413481)
Please, backup Your original CSDM 2.1 files and try that beta I've posted, then let me know if Your problems are gone. But write it in that topic dedicated beta. If You will experience some other problems with my beta - switch back to original CSDM 2.1 .

Hi KWo, I tested your CSDM 2.1 beta on my test server and everything worked perfect, it was just what i needed! Only your All-In-One 2.8a pack contains AmxModX 1.76a and when i ported CSDM 2.1 Beta to my deathmatch server wich have 1.76b is wasn't working correct anymore. This measn that CSDM 2.1 don't work 100% correct with AmxModX 1.76b.

Tomorrow i degrade my AmxModX to 1.76a and everything must work for me then but if you need any help with solving the problem im here...

KWo 12-11-2006 04:00

No. It should contain AMX X 1.76b. You probably downloaded some earlier version (it's updated few days ago). I'll check it when BU server is back after reinstalling. But the beta I posted at forum probably is newer than that one in All-In-One. You may just need to recompile *.sma against includes 1.76b - then Your CSDM 2.1beta should work correctly with AMX X 1.76b.

Maurice 12-12-2006 17:05

The amxmod_compat.amxx plugin is the reason why the guns weren't removed from the groud! I saw in your All-In-One configuration plugin.ini you maded none notice of all for disable or enable this plugin which means the plugin was disabled. Now i've disabled my amxmod_compat.amxx plugin and everything works!