AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tonights Update a Nightmare (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=117716)

Dog_Pound 02-03-2010 23:29

Tonights Update a Nightmare

Running DODS windows servers and found tonights unannounced steam update pretty challenging. Took awhile to get all the servers to stop crashing every 3-5 minutes. Ended up actually having to downgrade sourcemod to stabilize and did that as one server I had missed updating last go round was running fine while the others were not. What did others out there do to get it working properly? Did you have to remove any metamod or sourcemod plugins?

strontiumdog 02-03-2010 23:36

Re: Tonights Update a Nightmare

All the offsets were borked by tonight's update. Usually it is one or two but many seem to have been screwed up with this update.

DontWannaName 02-03-2010 23:41

They probably did that by mistake. At least they said it was a DODS update instead of just TF2 :P

zombiewoof 02-04-2010 01:02

Hi,
seems only my custom weapons plugins are crashing the server while all other custom non weapon plugins are working fine.

Weapon offsets are bad.

Dog_Pound ? Did you write that old eventscript "ep1-dods" that made the

dods rifle grenade exlpode on impact ? If so .. I must say that was the

finest script I ever saw to date! if I remember right they even had variable power accoring to money spent...

Im sure its not possible with this orangebox :(

Dog_Pound 02-04-2010 13:23

3 Attachment(s)
Nope, sorry wasn't me.

A gentleman called Silent_Water seems to have figured out the dods offset issue and he posted the files below with the warning untested. Fixes for dods, dukehacks for dods and sdkhooks for dods.
A few of us have tested these this morning with sourcemod 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 and they seem to work. I managed to get my gg working and that requires sourcemod 1.3.0 and I also got adminweapons working on my test server with these as well. All thanks for this DODS fix go to Silent_Water, I'm just sharing what I found. Hope it helps.

Silent_Water 02-04-2010 13:32

Thanks for the tribute indeed :)

I should mention that this files works fine with my current sourcemod 1.2.4 setup. But you need to disable the AutoUpdate function for a while until sourcemod has fixed the files. To do this change the line
Code:

"DisableAutoUpdate" "yes"
in your addons/sourcemod/configs/core.cfg

I think the official update will come during the next days and you may enable it again.

Meanwhile I've found a bug report and a patch included for this issue here: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4262

But this covers just the core - not the dukehacks nor sdkhooks extensions.

HshEisbaer 02-04-2010 13:41

if in the Directory on the Server is not a file like dukehacks or sdkhooks.games.txt i only load the game.dod.txt file on to the server right?

Silent_Water 02-04-2010 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HshEisbaer (Post 1078303)
if in the Directory on the Server is not a file like dukehacks or sdkhooks.games.txt i only load the game.dod.txt file on to the server right?

Sure - these files are just for the guys that have a lot of plugins using special extensions.

HshEisbaer 02-04-2010 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Water (Post 1078305)
Sure - these files are just for the guys that have a lot of plugins using special extensions.

ok i tried it, but the server dont start than :(

Dog_Pound 02-04-2010 15:00

1 Attachment(s)
Try with this one, goes in sourcemod\gamedata\sdktools.games folder: