AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Team Join Control (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59797)

dalto 08-20-2007 22:04

Team Join Control

2 Attachment(s)
Team Join Control

Current Version: 1.2

Description:
This plugin forces you to select auto join instead of selecting a team when joining. You are also allowed to join the spectators. It supports both Counter-Strike:Source and Day of Defeat:Source. It also supports locking players into teams and "forcing" them into teams.

Planned Features:
  • None, make a request!
CVar's:
sm_team_join_control_version: The version number
sm_team_join_control_enable: Set to 1 to enable the plugin
sm_team_join_control_admin_immunity Set to 1 if you want you admins to be immune
sm_team_join_control_lock_teams Set to 1 if you want to force each player to stay in the teams assigned
sm_team_join_control_lock_time The number of minutes after disconnect before the team lock expires after disconnect
sm_team_join_control_force_join: Set to 1 if you want the player to be autojoined regardless of what they select
sm_team_join_control_stop_spec: Set to 1 if you don't want players who have already joined a team to be able to switch to spectator
sm_team_join_control_sound_name: The name of the sound to play when an action is denied

Changelog:

1.2: Added spec control, sound, enable cvar
1.1: Admin Immunity, Team Locking, Forced Joining
1.0: Initial Release

dalto 08-20-2007 22:07

Re: Auto Join Control

I was originally building this functionality for my CS:S team balancer but decided it was useful on its own.

It currently only controls joins from spectators or unassigned players. I can make control joins at other times as well if that would be helpful.

NOTE: The CS:S Team Balance plugin has similar features which can conflict if you try to use them together.

Rebell 08-21-2007 02:05

Re: Team Join Control

Usefull plugin ! Btw: how many plugins will you do ? :mrgreen:

cya

tcviper 08-21-2007 05:21

Dalto FTW!

Extreme_One 08-21-2007 05:56

Can you please add an immunity flag?

dalto 08-21-2007 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme_One (Post 521227)
Can you please add an immunity flag?

Good idea, I will add that today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebell (Post 521175)
Usefull plugin ! Btw: how many plugins will you do ? :mrgreen:

cya

I think I have at least a few more in me. :twisted:

FlyingMongoose 08-21-2007 13:09

May I suggest the following?

Upon the "jointeam" command do to the first person to do it in the map a randint 0/1 if 0 then T if 1 then CT (or vice versa), after that alternate. (Forcing the team, not just the menu). Then store the person's team, so if they go spectator, and try to change team, it forces themselves back onto the team they were on.

dalto 08-21-2007 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose (Post 521352)
May I suggest the following?

Upon the "jointeam" command do to the first person to do it in the map a randint 0/1 if 0 then T if 1 then CT (or vice versa), after that alternate. (Forcing the team, not just the menu). Then store the person's team, so if they go spectator, and try to change team, it forces themselves back onto the team they were on.

I am doing something like this in the CS:S Team Balancer. Except instead of being random and locking it looks at existing team sizes and win/loss conditions. Essentially it stops people from joining the winning team unless it is smaller.

I could add something similiar to the DOD:S Balancer if anyone would like.

I could add something to this plugin that optionally forces the team to be locked for the duration of your session if that would be useful.

FlyingMongoose 08-21-2007 15:24

Yeah, do the same for dods balancer, but make sure to provide a cvar to disable it.

dalto 08-21-2007 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose (Post 521426)
Yeah, do the same for dods balancer, but make sure to provide a cvar to disable it.

Will do.