AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   To the moderators/approvers (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=342766)

Jhob94 05-12-2023 21:39

To the moderators/approvers

Hey, a lot of spambots are getting caught and banned, yet their posts are not deleted and their adverstisement are still online because it doesn’t get deleted. Since it’s just spam it seems pointless to ban and not delete the posts/threads

Mordekay 05-13-2023 04:53

Re: To the moderators/approvers

That is what happens, if many moderators have stopped checking the forums for reported posts and the admins don't handle applications for new mods at all. Add ancient forum software to it, whose anti bot method is as old as this forum, and voilà, this is what you see here.

Ryan2 05-16-2023 00:17

Hopefully when CS2 comes out and Sourcemod get's an update the forum will get some new life brought back into it.

Bugsy 05-16-2023 19:06

It still shocks me how active the forum is for hold old of a game HL/CS is.

Jhob94 05-17-2023 06:06

It’s CS 1.6 mate

AdRiAnIlloO 05-17-2023 10:25

I'd rather kill the forum considering nowadays it's even "excluded" by staff in favour to Discord. A clear example is when someone asks a scripting question and gets no answer, except by the people who still visit the forum out of the old school "exciting curiosity" factor that checking for new threads creates (to me at least).

AdRiAnIlloO 05-17-2023 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 2804448)

This shouldn't shock you considering the games are active as well. I'm gonna "believe" you would say the same for the Discord counterpart.

Samg381 05-29-2023 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO (Post 2804476)
I'd rather kill the forum considering nowadays it's even "excluded" by staff in favour to Discord. A clear example is when someone asks a scripting question and gets no answer, except by the people who still visit the forum out of the old school "exciting curiosity" factor that checking for new threads creates (to me at least).

Discord is an utterly terrible replacement for a support forum.

Bugsy 05-30-2023 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO (Post 2804477)
This shouldn't shock you considering the games are active as well. I'm gonna "believe" you would say the same for the Discord counterpart.

By that comment I meant the games & forum -- obviously if the games were dead, the forum would be, too.

bigdaddy424 06-04-2023 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 2804448)

interesting how valve has never brought up that the player base for all old counter-strike titles and csgo's 50% or less is thanks to the developers of alliedmods and its members who contribute their time bugfixing/coding in general
im wondering if bail ever got a check from valve or appreciation letter.