AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [L4D] Nobody left behind! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=97226)

fpsbrian 07-13-2009 23:27

[L4D] Nobody left behind!

I hate it when a team leaves someone behind!

I would like to see a plugin where if someone is down outside the safe room, and all other survivors are in the safe room, the special infected can open the door by using "e" or "use command". That way nobody will be left behind :-)

Also I think it would need some sort of message informing people not to leave them...

olj 07-14-2009 05:34

Re: [L4D] Nobody left behind!

Remove doors from safehouses with Stripper and its ok :mrgreen::mrgreen: Or use penalty system - for every survivor left behind - spawn witch in safehouse (omg, i came up with nice idea too :mrgreen:). Just joking, its nice idea for plugin.

AtomicStryker 07-14-2009 07:54

The game is called Left 4 Dead for a reason. Leaving people behind is a valid game mechanic

GM-Scorp 07-14-2009 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicStryker (Post 871968)
The game is called Left 4 Dead for a reason. Leaving people behind is a valid game mechanic

You just hit the nail on the head

i was thinking the same thing

and yes i know its frustrating when someone leaves you behind outside the saferoom

But hey its a game and it lets you win the round to most of the time that is

triggerman 07-14-2009 17:07

how about having the door simply unclosable until everyone is either dead or inside. this would solve that problem and give rushers something to worry about if they actually make it.

EDIT: and stop those stupid people that find it funny to close the door in your face.

fpsbrian 07-14-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerman (Post 872348)
how about having the door simply unclosable until everyone is either dead or inside. this would solve that problem and give rushers something to worry about if they actually make it.

EDIT: and stop those stupid people that find it funny to close the door in your face.

prefect!

GM-Scorp 07-14-2009 18:17

So that means a tank can kill everyone inside the saferoom whil the left behind 1 gets killed by hunter or smoker ?

Sounds like the worst idea ever if you ask me

like th eguy said its called left 4 dead for a reason just dont stay behind

and if you stay behind dont expect the rest to safe you

wat this plugin does is kills the whole team because someone gets nailed it just sounds wrong to me

Why dont you just slay the ones in the saferoom its much quicker than block the door and kill them with infected :D

fpsbrian 07-14-2009 19:09

For some people, surviving is the key to game....

Here is an example

triggerman 07-14-2009 22:03

it isnt exactly hard to camp the saferoom. a team of 3 people with one falling behind could easily stay alive. a tank is a different matter but still if the team puts in the effort to put him down then all is good... for the people that stick together, rushers wont exactly survive but oh well.

a plugin like this would really emphasize teamwork since noone would be safe until everyone thats still alive is to the safe room.

Acid07 07-15-2009 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by olj (Post 871884)
Remove doors from safehouses with Stripper and its ok :mrgreen::mrgreen: Or use penalty system - for every survivor left behind - spawn witch in safehouse (omg, i came up with nice idea too :mrgreen:). Just joking, its nice idea for plugin.

wouldnt that mess up the close door system that triggers the next level?