AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   VoiceHook - Developer preview of something. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145457)

Mitchell 07-11-2012 17:31

Re: VoiceHook - Developer preview of something.

Yes it worked perfect! :D this is hilarious making little kid's voices lower!

Groger 07-21-2012 11:50

Mitchell, do you have some sort of plugin version? This would be soooo freaking awsome to use on jail servers :P

Mitchell 07-24-2012 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groger (Post 1755171)
Mitchell, do you have some sort of plugin version? This would be soooo freaking awsome to use on jail servers :P

if what your asking is that: did i make another plugin changing pitch's. Then yes. but i recently restored my PC so i would have to install C++ Studio etc. again.

Bittersweet 08-02-2012 04:16

I have spent several hours of reading threads (mainly this one) trying to get this to work. There are some posts in here that say installation instructions are there, but I can't find them. Perhaps it's because this is an MM:S plugin? I can't find any information on how to install a MM:S plugin at all (which files go in which directories). Most of the links are dead. I was able to get the errors reduced down to just one, which I can't resolve. I am running Windows/SRCDS/CS:S - and there isn't an orangebox folder.

From the server bootup messages:
Code:

L 08/02/2012 - 04:13:44: [SM] Unable to load extension "voiceannounce.ext": Could not find interface VOICE_INTERFACE_002 (error 1)
L 08/02/2012 - 04:13:44: [SM] Unable to load plugin "voice.smx": Required extension "voice" file("voiceannounce.ext") not running

This is what I get when I try to load the plugin manually:
Code:

meta list
Listing 9 plugins:
  [01] SourceMod (1.4.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
  [02] SMRCon (1.2.1) by psychonic
  [03] CS:S Tools (1.4.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
  [04] SDK Tools (1.4.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
  [05] DHooks (1.0.6-alpha) by Dr!fter
  [06] SDK Hooks (2.1.0) by Tsunami, psychonic
  [07] Connect (1.0.0) by Asher "asherkin" Baker
  [08] SteamTools (0.8.2) by Asher Baker (asherkin)
  [09] <FAILED>
meta load voiceannounce
Failed to load plugin voiceannounce (File not found: c:\srcds\css\cstrike\voiceannounce.dll).

At this point, I have installed these 4 files: voiceannounce.ext.2.ep2v.dll, voiceannounce.ext.2.ep2v.so, voicehook_mm.dll, voicehook_mm.so
installed to both of these 2 directories:
\SRCDS\css\cstrike\
\SRCDS\css\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\extension s\ <--- there is no space between n and s, I don't know why the forum keeps putting one there

I have installed vaudio_speex.dll to \SRCDS\css\bin\
I have installed voice.smx \SRCDS\css\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\plugins\

Of course, this error comes further on in the boot process:
Code:

[SM] Unable to load plugin "voice.smx": Required extension "voice" file("voiceannounce.ext") not running
I'm sure that will go away when I fix the first problem. I've also just updated my gamedata from the snapshot.

What is the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

asherkin 08-02-2012 07:14

voicehook_mm goes in /<game>/addons/ (you can create a subdirectory if you want, just make sure you include it in the path when loading)
voiceannounce.ext.2.ep2v goes in /<game>/addons/sourcemod/extensions/

You'll need to create a VDF file in /<game>/addons/metamod/ or add a line to /<game>/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini to load voicehook_mm (don't include the file extension, MM:S will do that for you).

voiceannounce will be auto-loaded by any plugin that uses it.

Bittersweet 08-02-2012 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1763071)
voicehook_mm goes in /<game>/addons/ (you can create a subdirectory if you want, just make sure you include it in the path when loading)
voiceannounce.ext.2.ep2v goes in /<game>/addons/sourcemod/extensions/

You'll need to create a VDF file in /<game>/addons/metamod/ or add a line to /<game>/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini to load voicehook_mm (don't include the file extension, MM:S will do that for you).

voiceannounce will be auto-loaded by any plugin that uses it.

Thank you. It's working now, I really appreciate it. :)

Bittersweet 08-02-2012 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bittersweet (Post 1763198)
Thank you. It's working now, I really appreciate it. :)

"Working" it is, as you wrote it, but it's not working for my needs. :cry:

I notice that many of the plugins are authored by you, Asherkin, so perhaps you can help me out with ideas for my specific need, described here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=191800

Thank you for your help. :)

Bittersweet 08-02-2012 21:53

Just as a side note, I am noticing this warning message since I installed the package:

Code:

warning: Unknown nb_ctl request:  4
I've seen it several times, and have no idea of what it means. I haven't received any errors from it...yet. :)

Bittersweet 08-03-2012 01:11

Someone indicated in another thread (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=191800) that Voicehook would meet my needs. What I need to do is "catch" the "event" of a player initiating a voice chat, whether they are alive, dead, spectating, or anything else..."catch" every player trying to voice chat.

Whether it's an "event" or a "hook" is irrelevant. In laymen's terms, I need to intercept whatever code runs when a player presses the key that activates a voice chat.

If I can do that with Voicehook, great, I already have it installed. The problem I am having is with the forward "OnClientSpeaking", which isn't returning anything for dead and/or spectating clients.

Any ideas? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Ferris Bueller? :p

asherkin 08-03-2012 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bittersweet (Post 1763529)
The problem I am having is with the forward "OnClientSpeaking", which isn't returning anything for dead and/or spectating clients.

If OnClientSpeaking isn't being called, the voice data is never being sent to the server. Neither voicehook or voiceannounce do any filtering on clients.