AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceBans / SourceBans++ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263735)

Synthax 06-22-2015 17:17

Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Is there any reason that this version of SourceBans would be incompatible with this donations controller? No matter what I've done, it's always unable to read my SourceBans database.

sppL.sUiCiDeR 06-22-2015 17:44

Great work. Works fantastic on our servers.

I do have an issue though and perhaps you can help.

I have 5 game servers setup in SourceBans. I have an admin I want to have basic admin in 4 of them, and root access in the last. How can I manipulate the groups to accommodate this type of configuration?

Any help is appreciated.
sUiCiDeR

zeroibis 06-22-2015 18:03

"Removed FamilySharing Ban Evasion Detection"

Why?

Sarabveer 06-22-2015 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthax (Post 2310805)
Is there any reason that this version of SourceBans would be incompatible with this donations controller? No matter what I've done, it's always unable to read my SourceBans database.

Works fine for me

Sarabveer 06-22-2015 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis (Post 2310819)
"Removed FamilySharing Ban Evasion Detection"

Why?

Too buggy, too many false bans and such.

Also, 9/10 Animoo Weaboos favorite your profile pic

Creampuffyness 06-22-2015 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppL.sUiCiDeR (Post 2310816)
Great work. Works fantastic on our servers.

I do have an issue though and perhaps you can help.

I have 5 game servers setup in SourceBans. I have an admin I want to have basic admin in 4 of them, and root access in the last. How can I manipulate the groups to accommodate this type of configuration?

Any help is appreciated.
sUiCiDeR

Have admin-flatfile.smx enabled, and add him to admins_simple.ini with Z flag

Creampuffyness 06-22-2015 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthax (Post 2310805)

I use it without issue. In the Donation Control thread, try my post #507 and see if it works.

Schpraaankiii 06-28-2015 09:36

Admins with lower Immunity Level can still ban/kick high-rank admins via sourcebans control panel.
Is there a way to make it so that admins can not ban/kick a SteamID with higher immunity level?

FlawlessKush 06-28-2015 18:28

Can you make a page where we can add multiple admins at a time? it sucks having to wait for 1 admin to query through 15+ server's over and over again.

Phaiz 06-28-2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlawlessKush (Post 2313272)
Can you make a page where we can add multiple admins at a time? it sucks having to wait for 1 admin to query through 15+ server's over and over again.

You can move that box and go to another page

driz 06-30-2015 21:22

Just want to say, I've been running this fork for a few days now and it's been great. We have a mix of gmod servers, css/csgo servers running the latest official in game plugin and a few dev servers running the 1.5.2F in game plugin. Everything is working fantastically (we haven't tried sourcecomms yet)

I'm running this on the following:
CentOS 7.1.1503
kernel 3.10.0-229.4.2.el7.x86_64
PHP Version 5.6.10
Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.5-MariaDB
nginx version: nginx/1.8.0

I can't think of any other requirements for this so i listed what I remembered checking. It's all running great aside from a minor tweak I had to make to the apodb stuff that i referenced earlier on.

thanks for your great work; hopefully maybe you might take on sb2 one day, the thought of multiple groups per user gives me a lot of ideas for other applications :)

Alice.bnd 07-03-2015 17:08

Hi.
I have a problem after TF2 Update 7/2.

L 07/04/2015 - 00:05:06: [admin-flatfile.smx] Error(s) detected parsing addons/sourcemod/configs/admins.cfg
L 07/04/2015 - 00:05:06: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 8) Unknown group "Alice's System Administrators"
L 07/04/2015 - 00:05:06: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 33) Unknown group "Alice's Administrators"
L 07/04/2015 - 00:05:06: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 39) Unknown group "Alice's Administrators"
L 07/04/2015 - 00:05:06: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 45) Unknown group "Alice's Administrators"

scso1502 07-05-2015 16:42

According to several devs here on Allied Modders, the admin-flatfile.smx problem is the result of a coding conflict between the TF2 game code and SourceBans that recently reared it's ugly head. It's been looming out there for sometime but finally revealed itself. There is more info about it starting at post #63 of this thread:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=265635&page=7

One fix is to use the admin-flat-file posted in the below thread by friagram, which should hopefully fix your problem:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...7&postcount=94

Good luck!

scso1502 07-06-2015 15:24

I made a copy of my SourceBans 1.4.11 web folder. I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.5.2F. I uploaded the files to my webserver and set the permissions. I put the config.php from my SourceBans 1.4.11 back where it belongs with the 1.5.2F files. I ran the updater to upgrade from 1.4.11. All seemed to go well with the updater but now when attempting to access my SourceBans webpage, I get this error:

Quote:

Theme Error: sb_fun is not a valid theme. Must have a valid theme.conf.php file.
I looked at my theme.conf.php file and it shows this:

Quote:

<?php
/**
* theme.conf.php
* This file will set some stuff about our theme
* @author IceMan
* @Modified By: Sarabveer(VEER™)
* @version 1.2-S
* @copyright TF2 Romania (www.tf2.ro)
* @package TF2 Romania
* @link http://www.tf2.ro
*/

// Set the name of this theme here
define('theme_name', "SourceBans Default Theme");

// Set the author of this theme here
define('theme_author', "IceMan, Sarabveer(VEER™)");

// Set the version of the theme here
define('theme_version', "1.2-S");

// Set the link of the theme here
define('theme_link', "https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=252533");

// Set the screenshot filename for your theme (must be inside your theme folder)
// Must be: 250px wide X 170px High
define('theme_screenshot', "screenshot.jpg");
?>
Why is it looking for sb_fun theme? If I recall correctly, that was an old theme in the dev stages I saw somewhere.

I've reverted everything back to 1.4.11 for now.

HELP!

Sarabveer 07-06-2015 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by scso1502 (Post 2316353)
I made a copy of my SourceBans 1.4.11 web folder. I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.5.2F. I uploaded the files to my webserver and set the permissions. I put the config.php from my SourceBans 1.4.11 back where it belongs with the 1.5.2F files. I ran the updater to upgrade from 1.4.11. All seemed to go well with the updater but now when attempting to access my SourceBans webpage, I get this error:

I looked at my theme.conf.php file and it shows this:

Why is it looking for sb_fun theme? If I recall correctly, that was an old theme in the dev stages I saw somewhere.

I've reverted everything back to 1.4.1 for now.

HELP!

What folder is the current theme you use for 1.4.11

It wouldn't need to look there if it isn't set as the theme.

scso1502 07-07-2015 08:03

Ok, I figured it out. Apparently the theme settings must be stored in the database. If you use a custom theme for your SourceBans website and the theme doesn't exist on the fresh install, the website won't open and reports the error I listed above.

I have a custom theme called "sbfun" on my old 1.4 install that was set to the current theme. I reset the theme on the old 1.4 install back to the stock dark theme then switched back to the new 1.5.2F install and it works perfect now.

For those of you switching to the new version, make sure you reset your theme before the switch so it works. I suppose you could copy your custom theme over but it wasn't worth the risk for me to attempt this right now.

Thanks for the great work keeping SourceBans alive Sarabveer! I really appreciate it!

scso1502 07-07-2015 08:35

Here are some very minor fixes for you to include in your next hotfix good sir. Not trying to be nit picky, just trying to help you tweak the little stuff you probably haven't had time to deal with. The software looks and works great!

Proposed Fix list:

The below theme issues apply to all the themes as far as I can tell.

1. On the Commslist page, the overview bar has the word "Communications Blocklist Overview" misspelled as "Communicatinons Blocklist Overview"

2. On the Admin Panel Page under Protest Information - I recommend you change "Total Protests" to "Pending Protests"

3. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Submission Information - I recommend you change "Total Submissions" to "Pending Submissions"

4. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Ban Information - suggest you change "Connection blocks" to "Connections blocked"

5. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Ban Information - The Total Demo Size is "0" for me however I have quite a few demos so apparently this feature doesn't work.

6. On the add New Admins page, the second field "Admin Steam ID / Community ID" wraps "ID" to the next line

FEATURE REQUEST FOR A LATER VERSION:

1. Add a tab somewhere to view the full blocked player list. Having that would be very helpful

Thanks again for all your hard work! Love it!

Sarabveer 07-07-2015 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by scso1502 (Post 2316616)
Here are some very minor fixes for you to include in your next hotfix good sir. Not trying to be nit picky, just trying to help you tweak the little stuff you probably haven't had time to deal with. The software looks and works great!

Proposed Fix list:

The below theme issues apply to all the themes as far as I can tell.

1. On the Commslist page, the overview bar has the word "Communications Blocklist Overview" misspelled as "Communicatinons Blocklist Overview"

2. On the Admin Panel Page under Protest Information - I recommend you change "Total Protests" to "Pending Protests"

3. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Submission Information - I recommend you change "Total Submissions" to "Pending Submissions"

4. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Ban Information - suggest you change "Connection blocks" to "Connections blocked"

5. Also on the Admin Panel Page under Ban Information - The Total Demo Size is "0" for me however I have quite a few demos so apparently this feature doesn't work.

6. On the add New Admins page, the second field "Admin Steam ID / Community ID" wraps "ID" to the next line

FEATURE REQUEST FOR A LATER VERSION:

1. Add a tab somewhere to view the full blocked player list. Having that would be very helpful

Thanks again for all your hard work! Love it!

Ok, I did everything except #5, I don't get what ur saying, same thing with the feature request.

Phaiz 07-07-2015 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by scso1502 (Post 2315964)
According to several devs here on Allied Modders, the admin-flatfile.smx problem is the result of a coding conflict between the TF2 game code and SourceBans that recently reared it's ugly head. It's been looming out there for sometime but finally revealed itself. There is more info about it starting at post #63 of this thread:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=265635&page=7

One fix is to use the admin-flat-file posted in the below thread by friagram, which should hopefully fix your problem:

Good luck!

Can confirm this fixes the issue but according to other sources, the problem is Sourcebans

Sarabveer 07-07-2015 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaiz (Post 2316967)
Can confirm this fixes the issue but according to other sources, the problem is Sourcebans

It's How SB uses KeyValues to insert admins, and that has problems with upper and lowing case letters.

I never got the error on my windows servers, just Linux.

Phaiz 07-07-2015 23:49

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2316952)
Ok, I did everything except #5, I don't get what ur saying, same thing with the feature request.

He is saying that his demo size says 0
Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release..

Sarabveer 07-07-2015 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaiz (Post 2316970)
Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release..

Oh, But mine works too. I never changed anything.

http://puu.sh/iRaE9/3ef8c00854.png

IRQ 07-08-2015 06:17

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all!

I'm using 1.5.2F latest release and have some problems and suggestions.

1) Problem: sometimes I get "Invalid XML response from server" message. It looks like it happens when somebody with buggy nickname connects. Probably there should be some special XML characetrs escaping? Or delete unprintable and invalid XML characters.
2) Problem: "Admins on server" is alwasy 0 even if there is an admin on the server. I have 2 root admins but webpanel always shows 0 even if there is 1 root admin.
3) Time of ban/comm is 1 hour more than it was actually posted (i.e. 07.07.15 21:47). I have "(GMT +3:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg" and my server is really in Moscow. I also tried to select FROM_UNIXTIME(created) from MySQL tables directly and it works fine, results are correct (07.07.15 20:47).
4) Players table does not change its' size on "Refresh" button if there are more players than this table can show. I have to refresh the whole page. It is also true for mapimage: if there are no players there is a "No players" message and no map image. But if sombebody connects I see him in the table but map image is shrinked to the height of the players table. I have to either reload the page or to switch tabs. This is only in IE11, I did not check other browsers.
5) Suggestion: add a serial number for player in the table. I use it just to see how many players are connected and how many of them are really in game. I added this column myself but I decided not to create a separate branch in Git to commit this small change.

scso1502 07-08-2015 07:26

@ Sarabveer

Quote:

Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release.
I figured this out and have a simple suggestion on how to fix it. The reason for it is because I didn't move over the old Demos folder to the new installation. I know that sounds like I'm stupid, but I didn't even think about it until I looked into it further and realized what I forgot. Updating your install instructions will help prevent that for others (See below instructions I wrote up after doing my upgrade). It's working as it should now.

Quote:

Ok, I did everything except #5, I don't get what ur saying.
What I meant by this is it would be nice to look at more of the blocks people than just the handful of the recent ones at the bottom of the SourceBans webpage. It would be a great option to be able to click a button somewhere and see the FULL list of blocked players who have tried to return and how often they try. Just a thought if it isn't hard to do.

I'd like to suggest the following changes to your install notes to help people not so familiar with SourceBans and how it works. Many of the folks here just barely get by being able to get things working so the following install notes will hopefully help them I think:

Install Instructions to upgrade from a previous version of SourceBans:

Website Upgrade Procedure:
1. Reset your existing SourceBans website theme to the default theme using your website's admin controls
2. Make backup copies of your existing SourceBans Web Folder and SourceBans MySQL Database
3. Rename your existing SourceBans web folder to a different name (eg: sourcebans_backup)
4. Create a new Sourcebans web folder using the same name as the old one.
5. Upload the contents of the supplied "web_upload" folder to the new web folder you just created
6. Set the file permissions on the folders per the SourceBans Install Manual (http://www.sourcebans.net/manual/)
7. Copy over your existing web /config.php file and web /Demos folder to your new web installation folder
8. Navigate to your new installation's "updater" web folder and execute the SourceBans updater (eg: http://yoursite/sourcebans/updater)
9. After the updater finishes, delete or rename the "updater" and "install" web folders on your new installation
10. Test our new site by going to it's home page

Game Server Upgrade Procedure:
1. Rename the sourcebans.cfg file in the supplied installation game_upload folder to sourcebans.bak so you don't overwrite your existing sourcebans.cfg file(s) when you upload the files to your game server(s)
2. Upload and overwrite the SourceBans related plugin files to your game server(s) using the ones supplied in the game_upload installation folder
3. Restart the server(s).
4. Review your server(s) SourceMod logs and confirm there are no SourceBans errors in the error log

Test your website and servers and good luck!

Thanks Sarabveer! Loving the new Sourcebans!

Sarabveer 07-08-2015 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by scso1502 (Post 2317117)
@ Sarabveer

I figured this out and have a simple suggestion on how to fix it. The reason for it is because I didn't move over the old Demos folder to the new installation. I know that sounds like I'm stupid, but I didn't even think about it until I looked into it further and realized what I forgot. Updating your install instructions will help prevent that for others (See below instructions I wrote up after doing my upgrade). It's working as it should now.

What I meant by this is it would be nice to look at more of the blocks people than just the handful of the recent ones at the bottom of the SourceBans webpage. It would be a great option to be able to click a button somewhere and see the FULL list of blocked players who have tried to return and how often they try. Just a thought if it isn't hard to do.

I'd like to suggest the following changes to your install notes to help people not so familiar with SourceBans and how it works. Many of the folks here just barely get by being able to get things working so the following install notes will hopefully help them I think:

Install Instructions to upgrade from a previous version of SourceBans:

Website upgrade:
1. Reset your existing SourceBans website theme to the default theme using your website's admin controls
2. Make backup copies of your existing SourceBans Web Folder and SourceBans MySQL Database
3. Rename your existing SourceBans Webfolder to a different name (eg: sourcebans_backup)
4. Create a new Sourcebans webfolder using the same name as the old one.
5. Upload the contents of the supplied "web_upload" folder to the new web folder you just created
6. Set the file permissions on the folders per the SourceBans Install Manual (http://www.sourcebans.net/manual/)
7. Copy over your existing web /config.php file and web /Demos folder to your new web installation folder
8. Navigate to your new installation's "updater" web folder and execute the SourceBans updater (eg: http://yoursite/sourcebans/updater)
9. After the updater finishes, delete or rename the "updater" and "install" web folders on your new installation
10. Test our new site by going to it's home page

Game Server Upgrade:
1. Rename the sourcebans.cfg file in the supplied installation game_upload folder to sourcebans.bak so you don't overwrite your existing sourcebans.cfg file(s) when you upload the files to your game server(s)
2. Upload and overwrite the SourceBans related plugin files to your game server(s) using the ones supplied in the game_upload installation folder
3. Restart the server(s).
4. Review your server(s) SourceMod logs and confirm there are no SourceBans errors in the error log

Test your website and servers and good luck!

Thanks Sarabveer! Loving the new Sourcebans!

#ToMuchWork #NiggaIHaveALife

Sw33T3R 07-08-2015 14:22

Could you fix it? http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/.../re/sbbsxr.jpg

Nolongerinthegame 07-09-2015 05:17

I've never used Sourcecomms before, will it automatically connect to the Sourcebans database if we do mute/gag? Or do you have to add the Sourcecomms database entries in databases.cfg

Sw33T3R 07-09-2015 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sw33T3R (Post 2317297)

I forgot to add:
I have that error since new php update? (Few day's ago i did apt-get update and upgrade) (nginx user here)

scso1502 07-09-2015 06:23

@Sw33T3R

I'd say contact NGINX with a support ticket. This clearly a web server related issue and the responsibility falls on them to resolve it. It may require them to reload the server's software for you or check some settings that aren't right. But the SourceBans software works on a correctly loaded and configured web server, and since this all began after an update on your web server, that's the first place to look.

Good luck.

IRQ 07-09-2015 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelioneil (Post 2317513)
I've never used Sourcecomms before, will it automatically connect to the Sourcebans database if we do mute/gag? Or do you have to add the Sourcecomms database entries in databases.cfg

There is no Sourcecomms database, there is sb_comms table insourcebans database.

IRQ 07-09-2015 07:19

1 Attachment(s)
And again I get that "Invalid XML" message. And again I'm almost sure the problem is in players' nicknames. Here is web-server response from IE developer tools (attachment).

Sw33T3R 07-09-2015 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by scso1502 (Post 2317522)
@Sw33T3R

I'd say contact NGINX with a support ticket. This clearly a web server related issue and the responsibility falls on them to resolve it. It may require them to reload the server's software for you or check some settings that aren't right. But the SourceBans software works on a correctly loaded and configured web server, and since this all began after an update on your web server, that's the first place to look.

Good luck.

I fixed it via migration from nginx to apache2

Phaiz 07-09-2015 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRQ (Post 2317525)
There is no Sourcecomms database, there is sb_comms table insourcebans database.

That's only half correct. The old sourcecomms had its own addition to the databases.cfg but this one is all packed together.

MaloModo 07-09-2015 17:50

What Exactly am I to do with this?

Nvm got it. For anyone else looking the answer is here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=265830

Lucky_luck 07-09-2015 18:20

Hi,

I have a question, who i can edit the name of the Buttons "Dashboard, Servers etc."

Phaiz 07-09-2015 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloModo (Post 2317749)

What Exactly am I to do with this?

Nvm got it. For anyone else looking the answer is here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=265830

Rename

admin-flatfile_fix.sp

to

admin-flatfile.sp

and compile it. The renaming might not be needed but it's what I did

MaloModo 07-09-2015 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaiz (Post 2317765)
Rename

admin-flatfile_fix.sp

to

admin-flatfile.sp

and compile it. The renaming might not be needed but it's what I did

Yup that is what I did and completely off topic but never knew about this which saves me a lot of time to compile (don't need to download windows SM etc).

https://spider.limetech.org/

Sarabveer 07-09-2015 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sw33T3R (Post 2317514)
I forgot to add:
I have that error since new php update? (Few day's ago i did apt-get update and upgrade) (nginx user here)

What version of SB? I have PHP 5.6.10 (Latest) and it works great!

Phaiz 07-10-2015 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloModo (Post 2317795)
Yup that is what I did and completely off topic but never knew about this which saves me a lot of time to compile (don't need to download windows SM etc).

https://spider.limetech.org/

You should have spcomp with the linux version of SM, which would just be ./spcomp pluginname

If your running a windows server, I have no idea how to compile it

Sarabveer 07-10-2015 21:36

Hey guys, Sarabveer here.

So I'm the guy who has been managing SourceBans-Fork.

The problem is that I'm getting busier day by day. On my studies and such.

So I'm looking for coder who can help me with the project!

If you know PHP and SourcePawn, you're pretty much set! PM me if interested!