AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Concept: mp_maxrounds instead of mp_timelimit (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=7368)

Johnny got his gun 11-05-2004 13:47

Concept: mp_maxrounds instead of mp_timelimit

2 Attachment(s)
I got tired of rounds being cut in half just because time of map ran out (mp_timelimit).

With Cstrike you can set mp_timelimit to 0 and mp_maxrounds to something like 20, and you will always play 20 full rounds no matter what. Well, if everyone leaves the server and two people come back, it will be played from 20 rounds again, but that's the same as with minutes, they are also reset.

The only problem with this is saying "timeleft" in chat doesn't give any decent info (0), so I made a plugin called "roundsleft" which basically answers the remaining number of rounds when someone says "timeleft" (or "roundsleft"). Also there's a speaker telling the number of rounds. It also does that every new round. Kind of annoying, but cool. :-)

There is also one more problem with this. With the normal mapchooser plugin you can't vote for Extend map option simply because it doesn't exist. I made an update to that plugin also so that this indeed is possible. The cvar amx_extendmap_step which normally denotes minutes now denotes number of rounds that will be added, should the map be extended in the vote.

I've used these plugins for ~1 year so they should work, haven't had any problems with them.

Install roundsleft.amxx and replace your current mapchooser.amxx with this one, and you should be set. Just set mp_timelimit to 0 and mp_maxrounds to 20 or so.

There is a cmd with roundsleft plugin: amx_addrounds #
You can add rounds remaining by typing "amx_addrounds 5", and remove them by "amx_addrounds -5".

Note that the best way to set up your server is to set the mp_maxrounds in your mapchangecfgfile (this is a cvar, define it in server.cfg). Because when you add/remove nr of rounds you actually set the mp_maxrounds. It better be set back during a mapchange.

There, think I covered it all.

Deagle Snipin 11-05-2004 20:21

Wow!

This is a great concept! Im very excited to try it out.

Do you think it would be possible to add nextmap.amx functions to mapchooser? If you try to use a task scheduler plugin (just to do csays), something wierd happens to nextmap.amx, and the timelimit ends up getting set to no limit. If you disable nextmap or tasks.amx, it never happens.

I was considering trying to comment out the script in nextmap.amx to set the timelimit, but I thought this was a perfect opportunity to ask an expert which route I should take to find a solution. :lol:

(I can provide link to posts of similar complaints of the issue. Thanks again for everything, I have followed and enjoy your work.)

/EDIT Doh, Im getting compiliing errors, even online. Im trying to newer compiler offline.

-=STN=- MaGe 11-06-2004 12:06

can you add the rs feature when 50% of the guys type rs in say it restarts the map

DaSilva 07-22-2007 04:53

Re: Concept: mp_maxrounds instead of mp_timelimit

What must I change to disable the announcement every round?

Dr R.I.P 01-17-2008 10:17

Very good plugin. I tested it. What about add langs? :P

KWo 01-17-2008 11:46

Try to use my mapchooser4. It also works with mp_maxrounds and it has ML support. It has also other features.

AraneLT 09-18-2009 19:19

Nice plugin. Thanks :)

Mr.sceR 03-12-2011 15:23

Can the same plugin, but timeleft rather than rounds.

visar1 01-09-2012 19:51

how to stop sound in this plugins he say every round blla blla round reamining, how to stop that sound blla blla blla :D

fysiks 01-09-2012 20:07

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by visar1 (Post 1628787)
how to stop sound in this plugins he say every round blla blla round reamining, how to stop that sound blla blla blla :D

Rounds left sounds removed: