AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Instruction contained invalid parameter (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=316838)

Naleksuh 06-12-2019 23:29

Instruction contained invalid parameter

i've been working on a small project and I've recently gotten the error "Instruction contained invalid parameter" for seemingly no reason, even for simple stuff like:
Code:

PrintToChat(client, "You have been reserved a spot on RED for next round.");
is turning up this error, and i wasn't getting it before and i think i've changed almost nothing.

"return;" is also turning it up, I tried replacing it with other things but all of them are Instruction contained invalid parameter

Cruze 06-13-2019 00:25

Re: Instruction contained invalid parameter

Yea, you need to attach the code as well.

ddhoward 06-13-2019 00:37

Are you using an up-to-date compiler?

Naleksuh 06-13-2019 01:09

Alright, I have attatched my current copy. In order to use it, you must install REST in Pawn, and make a "configs/points.json" file that contains "{}" in it.

I am using the compile.exe that came with Sourcemod. Is it not being maintained anymore?

ddhoward 06-13-2019 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naleksuh (Post 2655386)
I am using the compile.exe that came with Sourcemod. Is it not being maintained anymore?

Please answer the question. What version of the compiler are you using? That is, what version of Sourcemod are you getting the compiler from, and have you made any changes to it?

Naleksuh 06-13-2019 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddhoward (Post 2655387)
Please answer the question. What version of the compiler are you using? That is, what version of Sourcemod are you getting the compiler from, and have you made any changes to it?

What I believe to be the latest version, and I have not made any changes besides renaming the file.

Just to be sure, I tried downloading a fresh copy of the compiler and kept the name as "compile.exe" and it still had this problem.

headline 06-15-2019 18:40

Do not blank out your posts.

If you solved the problem, post your solution so that others may find it should they face a similar issue.

asherkin 06-16-2019 06:31

The issue here turned out to be the gigantic local arrays.

Naleksuh 07-05-2019 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by headline (Post 2655635)
Do not blank out your posts.

prefer not to waste my disk space quota or get stalked

Quote:

If you solved the problem, post your solution so that others may find it should they face a similar issue.
it is posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2655663)
The issue here turned out to be the gigantic local arrays.

Its funny how node.js can support arrays quadrillions of characters big but 10k is too much to ask of C

Powerlord 07-06-2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naleksuh (Post 2657926)
Its funny how node.js can support arrays quadrillions of characters big but 10k is too much to ask of C

It's almost like Pawn (which isn't C) has memory limits in place since it's designed to work on embedded devices.