AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Spinhack (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158228)

eXplode82 06-01-2011 19:26

Spinhack

Reason SMAC: SpinHack Detected

Code:

L 06/02/2011 - 00:30:32: Killer (ID: STEAM_0:x:xxxxxx | IP: xxx.xx.xx.xxx) was banned for using spinhacks
Is it possible that the error was banned ?
So it says on the forum that there is no hack.
Do you believe him ?

Ynot 06-02-2011 00:09

Re: Spinhack

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoD-Tony (Post 1473698)
Any player that is spinning like crazy non-stop for 15+ seconds will be detected as a spinhack. It can be increased if legitmate players are known for doing this, but 15 seconds is a long time to be spinning for fun.

It's just a simple way to catch blatant hackers. I don't even know why they enable this "feature" but it's detectable and I've gotten an auto-ban from it already.

Basically I believe it a legit ban. Unless the player really was spinning legibly for 15 seconds long..

niar82k 06-02-2011 05:43

I've also tried 15 seconds with the mouse to wiggle around and then I get banned. But 15 seconds is already wobbling a very long time only for fun

GoD-Tony 06-02-2011 06:09

Ask him what he was doing when the ban message showed up.

I have players on my servers that change their sensitivity and spin around for fun, but even they don't do it for 15 seconds. Maybe I'll bump this up to 20 seconds to play it even more safe.

You can also try Google'ing his SteamID to see if he is on any other banlists.

rhelgeby 06-02-2011 13:03

It could just be the mouse. If someone is inactive for long enough and the mouse starts spinning it would trigger a ban.

If the detection isn't failsafe it should just give a warning instead.

GoD-Tony 06-02-2011 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhelgeby (Post 1479973)
It could just be the mouse. If someone is inactive for long enough and the mouse starts spinning it would trigger a ban.

If the detection isn't failsafe it should just give a warning instead.

Does that actually happen in the source engine? I remember the spinning mouse thing in CS 1.6 but haven't seen it since.

I suppose another cvar value could be added if admins prefer this. Something like 0 = disable, 1 = warn/log, 2 = ban.

rhelgeby 06-02-2011 23:43

It usually happens with optical mouses. It's either the mouse itself, the driver or the mouse surface. This happens to me sometimes (even when I'm not playing), and frequently enough that I wouldn't ban someone if it happens to them too.

asherkin 06-03-2011 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhelgeby (Post 1480302)
It usually happens with optical mouses. It's either the mouse itself, the driver or the mouse surface. This happens to me sometimes (even when I'm not playing), and frequently enough that I wouldn't ban someone if it happens to them too.

I can confirm that this happens to me as well.

GoD-Tony 06-03-2011 07:52

Ouch, thanks for the heads up. Added the option to log instead of ban. (r150)

TwOzCaR 06-13-2011 07:13

falsely detects people who have high sensitivity and turn around in circle as spinhack, but other than that little bug, its working flawlessly ;) keep up the good work