AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Store (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Database Problem (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=224622)

trex123 08-25-2013 15:59

Database Problem

A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php

Line Number: 346

what should i do?

vodka00 08-25-2013 15:59

Re: Store WebPanel

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex123 (Post 2021574)
A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php

Line Number: 346

what should i do?

Check if your database allows external connections. If it does then check if you entered the database info correctly.

trex123 08-25-2013 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodka00 (Post 2021575)
Check if your database allows external connections. If it does then check if you entered the database info correctly.

yes i know i entered the database info correctly as the store itself works and i have sourcebans on the server so it should work. where can i see if the database allows external connections?

Gatherix 08-25-2013 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex123 (Post 2021595)
yes i know i entered the database info correctly as the store itself works and i have sourcebans on the server so it should work. where can i see if the database allows external connections?

Go into your MySQL console and enter this command:

Code:

SELECT user,host FROM mysql.user;
Look for the user that you're connecting to; under the host column, there should be a % if you're accepting connections from any host.

trex123 08-25-2013 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatherix (Post 2021597)
Go into your MySQL console and enter this command:

Code:

SELECT user,host FROM mysql.user;
Look for the user that you're connecting to; under the host column, there should be a % if you're accepting connections from any host.

#1142 - SELECT command denied to user '112416-gn38332'@'xx.xxx.xxx' for table 'user'

im using a webhotel

vodka00 08-25-2013 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex123 (Post 2021602)
#1142 - SELECT command denied to user '112416-gn38332'@'xx.xxx.xxx' for table 'user'

im using a webhotel

When you set up a new mysql database there should be an option or a checkbox that you can check to enable external connections.

trex123 08-25-2013 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodka00 (Post 2021604)
When you set up a new mysql database there should be an option or a checkbox that you can check to enable external connections.

there isn't but the thing is that i have sourcebans on and its is working.

Gatherix 08-25-2013 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex123 (Post 2021610)
there isn't but the thing is that i have sourcebans on and its is working.

Are you installing the WebPanel on the same machine as SourceBans and the MySQL database, or somewhere different?

Arrow768 08-26-2013 12:16

Re: Database Problem

Start reading the forum stickies !
There is a thread called FAQ, why havnt you read it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alongub (Post 1939214)
How do I install Store?

You should know that installing the Store plugin is much more complex than installing any other plugin. You might want to get someone who has experience with SourceMod and MySQL. There are plenty of users in this forum who can do it for free or for money.

Installing Store is not easy.

[..]

I received one of the following errors after installing store:
  • PLUGIN STOPPED - Reason: reconnect counter reached max - PLUGIN STOPPED
  • Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: ...
  • SQL Error on ...
  • Access denied for user ...
  • Unable to select the specified database: ...
A: You didn't configure your MySQL database properly. The plugin can't connect to your database or doesn't find any tables there.

Make sure you followed the necessary steps here:
https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...stalling-Store

I have a "database problem"
Make sure, that you have a database that can be accessed from the server where you install the store plugin and the server where you have installed the webpanel (this can be the same server, but it doesnt need to be)

If you have a database (and you have verified, that your connection details are entered correctly) check if external access is enabled to this db (if your gameserver and webserver is not on the same server)
You can check if you have enabled external access by trying to connect to your database with a deaktop application (such as heidi sql).
If you can connect with your desktop application to the external database (and the connection is not working on your web/-gameserver) make sure that the details entered in the config files are correct.