AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [DoD:S] Gun Menu (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=194040)

Root_ 08-24-2012 18:01

[DoD:S] Gun Menu

Hi all!
Actually i've created this plugin for DeathMatch, but then I found this plugin is very funny at any server and gameplay.
Plugin is very simple and easy in settings. I hope you like it :D
Special thanks to LumiStance.

Description:
Provides a menu to choose weapons. Once choosen the weapons are automatically given at respawn.
The available weapons are configurable (see configuration below). The menu also provides a choice
of no gun or random. Bots are given the same items as players and only random guns.
Since 2.0 update, you can get weapons by saying 'k98' or 'bar' or
Spoiler

Configuration:
This is really simple to setup & configure a plugin. You need to open config/weapons.ini file.
You can easily include or exclude separate guns from a menu.
To disable gun(s) you need to comment classname (//"weapon_")
You can disable weapons at all. For example, if you dont want to allow players to choose a grenades - just comment all "weapons_" in 'Grenades' section. Same for primary, secondary & melee weapons.
A note: removed weapons will not be available via say command.
Translations are also avalible! Just rename menu text ("M1 Garand") to any you want and go! :mrgreen:

ConVars:
dod_guns_enablemenu <1/0> - Whether or not show gun menu at every respawn
dod_guns_saveweapons <1/0> - Whether or not save preferenced weapons and automatically give them on respawn
dod_guns_usetriggers <1/0> - Whether or not allow players to say "weapon" and get its weapon by classname

Commands:
!gunmenu\
!guns-----} When enabled, presents player with menus to choose primary, secondary, melee weapons & grenades
!weapons/

Installation detalis:
Put weapons.ini to sourcemod/configs folder
Put dod_gunmenu.sp to sourcemod/scripting folder
And put dod_gunmenu.smx to sourcemod/plugins folder

Notes:
-You can recall gun menu in any time
-If player have not chosen any gun, he will stay with stock class weapons.
-This plugin may be not compatible with DoDS Equipment, because GunMenu perform equiment too fast (immediate after respawn without any timers).
-It requires at least SM 1.5.0

Servers with this plugin

Download plugin
Browse source code

Biggles 09-03-2012 23:29

Re: DoD:S GunMenu

Good job Root. I use a map config to enable this on the small arena type maps which is heaps of fun. Works like a charm! :up:

Root_ 10-25-2012 15:10

Re: [DoD:S] GunMenu

An update have been released (1.1)
-Fixed an issue when melee weapons or grenades wasnt changed after re-calling a gunmenu
-Fixed an issue when client received a message in a console like "unknown command"
-Fixed an issue when gunmenu was re-enabled when client is actually disabled it forever
-Fixed a huge lag on first gunmenu using
-Some minor improvements and optimizations

alencore 09-30-2013 10:36

Re: [DoD:S] GunMenu

Another awesome plugin by Root! Tnc u very much! :-)

Root_ 11-15-2013 08:12

Re: [DoD:S] GunMenu (2.0)

I've updated plugin to version 2.0 due to request.
-added option to save preferenced guns between respawns (dod_guns_saveweapons cvar)
-added option to get weapon by saying its classname. If you will say frag_ger or garand, you will get stick grenade and M1 Garand (dod_guns_usetriggers cvar)
-slightly optimized and improved plugin

nanswery 05-17-2015 06:05

Re: [DoD:S] Gun Menu

hello root

this plugin is awsome, i am telling you. but since we added gungame mod on our server, is it possible to use this on normal maps. cuz we cant use the menu on gungame mod! is there a way to do that by add some cvar on map cfg?. thank you and hope to hear you soon!

Merrill 04-01-2018 17:13

Can we get limits per life? Players can keep changing weapons as much as they want to spam nades. Would be nice to limit it to one weapon change per life.

micmacx 01-19-2024 18:39

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,
It's a little update :
  • Juste remove FCVAR_PLUGIN.
  • Replaced FindSendPropOffs by FindSendPropInfo.
  • And added security so that it does not send the menu to bots to prevent them from selecting the MG.

DNA.styx 01-21-2024 13:41

> And added security so that it does not send the menu to bots to prevent them from selecting the MG.
Nice. Noticed that bots seemed to picked a random gun, whereas I wanted the bots guns to be controlled by .ini (mainly to stop them making a fool of themselves with rockets :)

micmacx 02-03-2024 21:34

OK,
I think you're talking about something else.

If bots don't have the menu, they can't select anything.

View your different posts on several plugins, it is related to the Rcbot2 configuration system which is incompatible with weapon restriction : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...t=344089&page= 2