AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D & L4D2] Jump System (v1.3, 6-1-2022) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=336120)

Psyk0tik 01-29-2022 01:07

[L4D & L4D2] Jump System (v1.3, 6-1-2022)

https://img.shields.io/github/stars/...le=flat-square https://img.shields.io/github/forks/...le=flat-square https://img.shields.io/github/watche...le=flat-square

Rate this plugin

Donate to Motivate

Jump System

Table of contents
About

Provides a system for controlling jumps.

Credits

epz/epzminion - For helping with gamedata information, giving some ideas, and overall invaluable input.

Chanz - For the [ANY] Infinite-Jumping plugin.

kot4404 - For reporting issues.

SourceMod Team - For continually updating/improving SourceMod.

Requirements

1. SourceMod 1.11.0.6724 or higher
2. DHooks 2.2.0-detours15 or higher
3. Source Scramble
4. Left 4 DHooks Direct
5. Knowledge of installing SourceMod plugins.

Notes

1. I do not provide support for listen/local servers but the plugin should still work properly on them.
2. I will not help you with installing or troubleshooting problems on your part.
3. If you get errors from SourceMod itself, that is your problem, not mine.
4. MAKE SURE YOU MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION GUIDE PROPERLY.

Features

1. Automatic bunnyhopping - Hold down your jump button and automatically bunnyhop.
2. Adjustable jump height - Jump as high as you want (or as high as the map allows you).
3. Midair dashes - Jump as many times as you want after taking off from the ground.
4. No fall scream - Mute the game's fall scream while you fall. (This only works if you have a custom jump height or at least 1 midair dash.)
5. No fall damage - Block fall damage when you land from a high place. (This only works if you have a custom jump height or at least 1 midair dash.)
6. No death fall camera - Remove death fall camera when you land from a high place (only if the place you land on is a safe zone). [This only works if you have a custom jump height or at least 1 midair dash.]

Commands

Spoiler

ConVars

Spoiler

Changelog

Spoiler

Installation

1. Delete files from old versions of the plugin.
2. Place "l4d_jump_system.txt" in the "addons/sourcemod/gamedata" folder.
3. Place "l4d_jump_system.smx" in the "addons/sourcemod/plugins" folder.
4. Place "l4d_jump_system.sp" in the "addons/sourcemod/scripting" folder.

Uninstalling/Upgrading to Newer Versions

1. Delete "l4d_jump_system.sp" from the "addons/sourcemod/scripting" folder.
2. Delete "l4d_jump_system.smx" from the "addons/sourcemod/plugins" folder.
3. Delete "l4d_jump_system.txt" from the "addons/sourcemod/gamedata" folder.
4. Follow the Installation guide above. (Only for upgrading to newer versions.)

Disabling

1. Move "l4d_jump_system.smx" to the "plugins/disabled" folder.
2. Unload "Jump System" by typing "sm plugins unload l4d_jump_system" in the server console.

Third-party Revisions Notice

If you would like to share your own revisions of this plugin, please rename the files so that there is no confusion for users.

Download

Source | Latest Version | All Official Releases

NoroHime 01-29-2022 04:02

Re: [L4D & L4D2] Jump System (v1.0, 1-28-2022)

yes I liked this covers my all wanted about jump

Dragokas 01-29-2022 08:56

Genious!

Sev 01-29-2022 09:07

Seems like a good idea, but from what I see, there is nothing to outright disable or fatigue jumping or bunnyhopping. I can't speak for anyone else and im probably in the minority, but I find the constant jumping and whatnot silly to see and silly to watch, especially from a realism perspective, not a gaming one. I guess the constant jumping/bunnyhopping is just seen as too popular or too 'fun', which is why you haven't really seen anyone out there tackle the angle from the less popular perspective.

Adding a configurable cvar for this plugin would fix that perspective for me, but if you have no plans to do so, then that's fine.

Dragokas 01-29-2022 09:28

In old times, we're contantly using bunnyhop on our fun-server.
And that didn't break gameplay.
That's highly related to how server balance is made and what infected features are used / supertanks / teleport and so.

Psyk0tik 01-29-2022 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sev (Post 2769839)
Seems like a good idea, but from what I see, there is nothing to outright disable or fatigue jumping or bunnyhopping. I can't speak for anyone else and im probably in the minority, but I find the constant jumping and whatnot silly to see and silly to watch, especially from a realism perspective, not a gaming one. I guess the constant jumping/bunnyhopping is just seen as too popular or too 'fun', which is why you haven't really seen anyone out there tackle the angle from the less popular perspective.

Adding a configurable cvar for this plugin would fix that perspective for me, but if you have no plans to do so, then that's fine.

I already provided cvars for disabling each of the three gimmicks.
Code:

l4d_jump_system_auto_bunnyhop "0"
l4d_jump_system_jump_height "57.0"
l4d_jump_system_midair_dashes "0"

In any case, I’ve always gone with the philosophy of letting server owners balance their own servers around the use of plugins. This plugin is meant to be used for fun and entertainment, so adding fatigue/cooldown for its features isn’t really on my to-do list for it.

The three jump gimmicks are meant to be "broken" just like low-gravity and super-speed.

Psyk0tik 02-01-2022 04:24

Re: [L4D & L4D2] Jump System (v1.1, 2-1-2022)

Quote:

Version 1.1 (February 1, 2022)

- L4D1: Updated an offset for the "1.0.4.1" game update.
Download

thewintersoldier97 02-03-2022 02:52

Very cool plugin :D Nice work Psy!

kazya3 03-30-2022 11:41

Nice work man! I found sth different between l4d2 and csgo in bhop. I use the convar sm_cvar air_accelerate 1000 for players be able to do bhop/kz like cs. It's fine when i use mousewheel to bhop in a 60++ tickrate Server. However. i found there's sth wrong use crouch jump for bhop. The ground feels really sticky in l4d2. But the problems doesnt exist in css or csgo. Is there a way to solve th problems?

kot4404 03-30-2022 13:22

Could get a cvar for jump acceleration, it's pretty op even without bhopping now, dashes have kind of too short time to jump again, if I wait too much I can't jump again without touching the ground