AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Round Songs (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145395)

1Swat2KillThemAll 12-15-2010 14:57

Round Songs

3 Attachment(s)
ORIGINAL REQUEST:
[PStar]
Hello to everyone.

I would like to request a plugin that every time a new round start it's chooses a random music from a list (or could be a specified diretorie in the sound flodder). IF the music is short and will end before the round end the plugin should start a new one.
And if it's possible we should be able to set the loudnes of the music whit a cvar.

Thx in forward.
[6th Dec 2010 , 12:30 PM]
CVARS:
sm_roundsongs_version | version cvar
sm_roundsongs_enabled | take an educated guess ;)
COMMANDS:
Admin:
* sm_nextsong | oh gee, I wonder what this would do...
Public:
* sm_music | Turn music on or off (autotoggle)
* sm_soundlevel | Check your current soundlevel, or alter it.
CFG FILE (../cstrike/cfg/sourcemod/roundsongs.kv):
Code:

"RoundSongs"
{
    "Song's name here"
    {
        "file"                "sound's filepath relative to ../cstrike/sound/"
        "duration"            "songlength in seconds (float)"
    }
    "Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC"
    {
        "file"                "misc/wholelottarosie.wav"
        "duration"            "324.5"
    }
    "Thunderstruck - AC/DC"
    {
        "file"                "misc/thunderstruck.wav"
        "duration"            "292.5"
    }
    "WanDeage"
    {
        "file"                "misc/wandeage.wav"
        "duration"            "2.0"
    }
}

delirium_trigger 12-15-2010 15:03

Re: Round Songs

People will ask so I am just going to go ahead and ask it first, although I am assuming the answer will be a no because of downloading custom content.

Does this work with L4D and L4D2?

1Swat2KillThemAll 12-15-2010 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium_trigger (Post 1371682)
People will ask so I am just going to go ahead and ask it first, although I am assuming the answer will be a no because of downloading custom content.

Does this work with L4D and L4D2?

I wouldnae kno' D:
But I'll try it out and find out soon enough ;)

EDIT:
(L4D2)
Good news: the server didn't crash.
Bad news: can't say the same for the clients.

Gecko 01-25-2011 23:43

Try not to put unhelpful descriptions for the admin commands and cvars. I know they're pretty obvious but some people still might not get it, and that would just pose more problems.

1Swat2KillThemAll 01-26-2011 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 1399574)
Try not to put unhelpful descriptions for the admin commands and cvars. I know they're pretty obvious but some people still might not get it, and that would just pose more problems.

More problems? Might I inquire as to what problems there were in the first place then?

Gecko 01-29-2011 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Swat2KillThemAll (Post 1400123)
More problems? Might I inquire as to what problems there were in the first place then?

People who have problems with understanding simple cvars like that would probably have other problems with understanding the plugin as well. Come on man, think before you post.

1Swat2KillThemAll 01-30-2011 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 1402775)
People who have problems with understanding simple cvars like that would probably have other problems with understanding the plugin as well. Come on man, think before you post.

And that be my problem, in what way exactly? (Just in case you didn't get it, that's a retorical question.)
Furthermore, I'd like to say I'm yet to meet such a person, and that I'm quite dulled by your trolling effort. I mean, come on man, YOU, of all people, telling ME to think before posting is rather hypocritical, yet hilarious at the same time :D

loki15 04-03-2012 11:47

Put yourself on the CS server: v70 with your plugin and he wrote me in an error log for this:
Code:

L 04/03/2012 - 18:41:25: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 04/03/2012 - 18:41:25: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Couldn't open keyvalue file!
L 04/03/2012 - 18:41:25: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "roundsongs.smx":
L 04/03/2012 - 18:41:25: [SM]  [0]  Line 204, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/6/3/7/2/1/79175.attach::LoadSoundList()
L 04/03/2012 - 18:41:25: [SM]  [1]  Line 59, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/6/3/7/2/1/79175.attach::OnPluginStart()

Tell me what to do and how to fix, I need a plugin order to consistently play music while playing on the server, for example I have 10 songs and I want to play one after another, there may be an alternative plugin, give a link if not difficult.

TnTSCS 04-03-2012 11:49

you have the config file, right? CFG FILE (../cstrike/cfg/sourcemod/roundsongs.kv)

Make sure the file exists and is in the correct format - If you have linux, sometimes you have to do something special to the file depending on how you created it.

loki15 04-03-2012 12:03

I have Windows Server 2003 and the config file from the plugin itself is not created, I created it myself and put it in the way: cstrike / cfg / sourcemod / roundsongs.kv
the contents of the config:
Code:

RoundSongs"
{
    "treck1"
    {
        "file"                "playod_sounds/music/treck1.mp3"
        "duration"            "175"
    }
    "treck2"
    {
        "file"                "playod_sounds/music/treck2.mp3"
        "duration"            "208"
    }
    "treck3"
    {
        "file"                "playod_sounds/music/treck3.mp3"
        "duration"            "139"
    }
    "treck4"
    {
        "file"                "playod_sounds/music/treck4.mp3"
        "duration"            "154"
    }
}

Then run the server and still this error is that the above written.