AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.02) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=120272)

dataviruset 03-02-2010 16:18

[ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.02)

2 Attachment(s)
Description:

This plugin give your players the opportunity to chose an intro sound to hear when they join the server. Basically, this plugin is a more advanced "Welcome Sound" plugin with the possibility to chose between sounds (and the magic "no intro" option aswell). The players' choises are saved in a file in the SourceMod data directory - no database is required.

In version 1.01 there's a new "difference", the plugin has a convar which allows you to make the intro sound play again on round start (useful for early joining players on a new map - otherwise the intro sound will just stop on roundstart...) or players who join just a little bit before the round start.

Commands:

sm_intro
(!intro or /intro in chat) -- displays the intro chooser menu

ConVars:

(the default values are inside the quotes)

Quote:

sm_intro_repeat_on_roundstart "1" -- Enable/disable the possibility to repeat the intro on roundstart once (otherwise it will stop automatically when a new round starts); 0 - disable, 1 - enable
sm_intro_version "1.02" -- Intro sound chooser version (unchangeable)

Installation:

Get the plugin by clicking "Get Plugin" below. Place the compiled .smx file in your addons/sourcemod/plugins folder.
Then, download the example introsounds.cfg, place it in addons/sourcemod/configs and configure it as you like (the specified sounds are automatically downloaded and precached).

Restart your server or type sm plugins load sm_intro in console.
Done :)

Changelog:

• Initial release.
    • Some optimizations
    • Added the possibility to choose whether the intro sound should be repeated on round start or not
    • Fixed a bug (Native "EmitSound" reported: Client x is not connected)

DontWannaName 03-02-2010 16:19

Re: [ANY] Intro sound chooser

A database feature like Mysql is good if you want it to save on more than 1 server. :P

dataviruset 03-02-2010 16:23

Yeye ok, let's make a MySQL version aswell :)

psychonic 03-02-2010 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 1105771)
A database feature like Mysql is good if you want it to save on more than 1 server. :P

Clientprefs would probably be the most appropriate choice.

dataviruset 03-02-2010 16:27

Perhaps you want different intro sounds on different servers...

dataviruset 03-09-2010 14:14

Re: [ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.01)

Version 1.01 released, see first post :)

tejeskifly 04-22-2010 17:07

Re: [ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.01)

i have some ideas, random intro (every join another intro). And default intro option, admin can set the default intro, becouse, i want set every new player welcome sound for example random intro :)

tigerox 04-22-2010 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1105776)
Clientprefs would probably be the most appropriate choice.

+1 for clientprefs please.

dataviruset 06-14-2010 08:36

Re: [ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.02)

Version 1.02 released, see first post for details.

Mancomb 07-10-2010 23:35

Re: [ANY] Intro sound chooser (v1.02)

I can't seem to get the sounds to play on my server; I placed all the downloaded files in the right places, and created the consnd directory inside the sound directory on my server (i.e. sound/consnd) and placed the 3 mp3 files I wanted to choose from inside. When I joined the server, it downloaded all 3 mp3s, but then nothing played once the MOTD appeared. I tried moving the consnd folder up one level (outside the sound folder), but that did nothing. Is there something I'm missing? The plugin itself seems to work fine, as I can use the !intro command to choose my preference, but no sounds play at all.

EDIT: Nevermind; apparently I needed to create a pure_server_whitelist.txt file and add the consnd folder to it. It's working now. (Though, for some reason, after I download the mp3s, if I try to connect to another server I frequent, I get a message saying I need to delete the files before I can join the server.)