AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Voice Adverts (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135197)

Cep}|{ 08-13-2010 17:02

Voice Adverts

1 Attachment(s)
Voice Adverts

Description:

Playing voice adverts\messages to all players.

Cvars:

sm_voiceadverts_version - Plugin version
sm_voiceadverts - Enable\Disable this plugin. Default: "1"
sm_voiceadverts_time - Duration between voice adverts (in seconds). Default: "300"

Installation:

1. Place your sound files in the 'sound/voiceadverts/' folder on server.
2. Create config file "va_sound_list.cfg" in the 'addons/sourcemod/configs/', example:
Code:

voiceadverts/c1.mp3
voiceadverts/c2.mp3
voiceadverts/c3.mp3
voiceadverts/c4.mp3
voiceadverts/c5.mp3
voiceadverts/c6.mp3
voiceadverts/c7.mp3
voiceadverts/c8.mp3
voiceadverts/c9.mp3

3. Upload the plugin in the 'addons/sourcemod/plugins/' folder and change map or restart server.

delirium_trigger 08-13-2010 17:12

Re: Voice Adverts

Are players required to download any mp3 that you place in? If they do not need to download the files will this work in L4D and L4D2?

How does it play the sound? Does it play as if it was a client talking through microphone? (Example HLSS Half Life Sound Selector)

Cep}|{ 08-13-2010 17:35

Quote:

Are players required to download any mp3 that you place in? If they do not need to download the files will this work in L4D and L4D2?
Yes, all players needed download sound files.
Quote:

How does it play the sound? Does it play as if it was a client talking through microphone? (Example HLSS Half Life Sound Selector)
No, sound played from client-local files.

sinblaster 08-13-2010 19:04

Awesome, Ive been looking fot a way to tell my players that my wife is a big lame arse party pooper without actually saying it out load.

Cheers I'll check it out

delirium_trigger 08-14-2010 15:18

Is there a way to make it function similar to HLSS?

For example if you are not inside your server, and you type from your L4D2 Srcds Console (sm_say) it says your name is Admin to all the players in that server.

Is there a way to have the advertisement come as a selected sound played through microphone so that no downloading is required.

If this is possible the downloading would be unnecessary and long loading times would be eliminated. This could even work to be hooked with events to play sounds such as headshots, suicides, team kills, etc. Since this is sound only and not a visual mod, in theory, it should be able to work like HLSS.

NoS 08-16-2010 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium_trigger (Post 1270812)
Is there a way to make it function similar to HLSS?

For example if you are not inside your server, and you type from your L4D2 Srcds Console (sm_say) it says your name is Admin to all the players in that server.

Is there a way to have the advertisement come as a selected sound played through microphone so that no downloading is required.

If this is possible the downloading would be unnecessary and long loading times would be eliminated. This could even work to be hooked with events to play sounds such as headshots, suicides, team kills, etc. Since this is sound only and not a visual mod, in theory, it should be able to work like HLSS.

There is no way to do that, servers don't have a microphone button. HLSS also works with clients and not servers.

delirium_trigger 08-16-2010 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoS (Post 1272367)
There is no way to do that, servers don't have a microphone button. HLSS also works with clients and not servers.

Darn, I thought that was possible because I think I saw it done in a HLDM modded server. I'm not sure because it was a long time ago and I don't have HLDM anymore. Thanks for the input.

J-Factor 08-17-2010 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoS (Post 1272367)

It is possible but it would require a Metamod plugin. See here.

lionheart1066 08-20-2010 08:24

Extremely interesting and very handful. Thanks :)

Cep}|{ 08-25-2010 15:02

:)