AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TF2 Melee Mode v0.4 (8/25) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72396)

chundo 06-06-2008 16:23

TF2 Melee Mode v0.4 (8/25)

3 Attachment(s)
TF2 Melee Mode v0.4 (8/25)

When enabled, this plugin forces all players to use melee weapons. I
t solves a few issues with other melee plugins I've found:
  • Fixes exploit where if the user attempts to change class in spawn to the same class they already are, no events are fired but the game gives them all their weapons back (thanks bl4nk).
  • When melee mode is disabled, players immediately get their weapons back - they don't have to wait to respawn again.
CVars:

sm_meleemode_version - Plugin version.
sm_meleemode_enable - 1 is on, 0 is off. (default 0)

Using From Other Plugins:

I've included a meleemode.inc include which defines a "ForceMeleeMode(bool)" native, so that other plugins can enable/disable melee mode if they need to. I use this in a "Sudden Death Rules" plugin on my server.

Installing:

meleemode.smx -> addons/sourcemod/plugins/
meleemode.sp -> addons/sourcemod/scripting/
meleemode.inc (optional) -> addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/

If Custom Votes is installed:
meleemode.vote.cfg -> addons/sourcemod/configs/customvotes/

Changelog:

0.1 - Initial release
0.2 - Changed exploit-blocking method (thanks bl4nk)
0.3 - Fixed chat spam due to duplicate event hooks
0.4 - Fixed a few exploits that granted all weapons

Credits:

Thanks to bl4nk for Sudden Death Melee Redux, which gave me a jump-start on figuring out how to write this.

bl4nk 06-06-2008 16:54

Re: TF2 Melee Mode v0.1 (6/6)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chundo (Post 635538)
  • Other melee plugins have an exploit where if the user attempts to change class in spawn to the same class they already are, no events are fired but the game gives them all their weapons back. To get around this I use a 1-second recurring timer to check if weapons need stripping throughout the round.

I fixed this in my Sudden Death Melee Redux plugin by hooking the console cmd "equip" and stripping all weapons but the player's melee weapon.

chundo 06-06-2008 17:01

Re: TF2 Melee Mode v0.1 (6/6)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 635557)
I fixed this in my Sudden Death Melee Redux plugin by hooking the console cmd "equip" and stripping all weapons but the player's melee weapon.

Interesting, I'll try that out. Looks a lot simpler if it works.

chundo 06-06-2008 17:28

Re: TF2 Melee Mode v0.2 (6/6)

Much simpler, and eliminated the "slot3" menu problem too. Thanks!

air853 06-07-2008 01:48

This is really cool, Thanks. By any chance could this be added to the source mod base menu (sm_admin)? That way any admin on my server could turn it on or off.

chundo 06-07-2008 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by air853 (Post 635671)
This is really cool, Thanks. By any chance could this be added to the source mod base menu (sm_admin)? That way any admin on my server could turn it on or off.

If you're using a recent snapshot, you can do this pretty easily with custom admin menus. I'll think about doing it automatically for the next version though.

DJ Tsunami 06-09-2008 07:36

I thought ClassChooser already had this feature? Why didn't bl4nk just update that :)

chundo 06-09-2008 11:20

Could be, I didn't really look at that plugin since I didn't need a class chooser :). I just wrote this at the time because I wanted to fix the two bugs above on my server, and haven't dug too much into other melee plugins since then...

bl4nk 06-09-2008 18:02

It does, but I was running into some problems with the resupply cabinets not disabling for some reason. I'm not sure if chundo fixed it or not, but ClassChooser can do melee-only.

[edit]

After looking at this plugin's code, it seems he uses the same method I use in my ClassChooser. So, unless his plugin is blessed or something, it will probably produce the same problems mine does; where some of the resupply cabinets just won't disable for some reason.

chundo 06-09-2008 18:12

I haven't seen that yet - is there any specific case that this happens under so I can test it out?