AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Endround plugin (Windows BETA) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39366)

L. Duke 11-30-2005 15:25

Endround plugin (Windows BETA)

Obsolete

This plugin is a result of the discussion from the Win Area thread on the IWannaMap forums.

Quote:

I've got a beta version of my endround plugin available for mappers to play with.

This is a Metamod:Source server plugin that allows you to end the map and declare a winner using game logic in your map.

For example, when one team scores a goal in soccer. Or maybe a race where the first team to get someone to the finish line wins. Or maybe the CT's have to capture three or four key areas to win.

Whatever you can work up with your map entities you can create as the goal of your map with this plugin.

USAGE:
1. Create a point_servercommand.
2. When the winner/loser is determined fire the point_servercommand with a command of term_round # where # is the reason the round is over.

Here is a list of the reasons CSS has for ending the round. Numbers 8 and 9 are probably the most useful.
Code:

Reason    Description
------    -------------------------------------------------------------
1    Target Successfully Bombed!
2    The VIP has escaped!
3    VIP has been assassinated!
4    The terrorists have escaped!
5    The CT's have prevented most of the terrorists from escaping!
6    Escaping terrorists have all been neutralized!
7    The bomb has been defused!
8    Counter-Terrorists Win!
9    Terrorists Win!
10    Round Draw!
11    All Hostages have been rescued!
12    Target has been saved!
13    Hostages have not been rescued!
14    Terrorists have not escaped!
15    VIP has not escaped!
16    Game Commencing!
    (Note: "Game Commencing!" resets team scores to 0)

You can download a "listenserver" package here which includes Metamod:Source, the endround beta (for windows) and some readme files.

Please let me know if you find any bugs, if you have any questions, or if there is any interest in this plugin.
This plugin has been fixed to work with the Dec 1 update.

ichthys 12-01-2005 12:18

wow this is amazing. of course linux would be good too

peagle 12-01-2005 14:24

Re: Endround plugin (Windows BETA)

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke
4 The terrorists have escaped!
5 The CT's have prevented most of the terrorists from escaping!
6 Escaping terrorists have all been neutralized!

w00t, now we just need an es_frantic

L. Duke 12-01-2005 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichthys
wow this is amazing. of course linux would be good too

I'm working on porting it to Linux. It compiles and runs, but one of the pointers isn't being located correctly so I have some debugging to do.

L. Duke 12-02-2005 02:33

Just hours after I made the first post, Valve released their big update that changed all kinds of stuff and "broke" the plugin.

I've managed to sort through the dlls (with some help from BAILOPAN) and produce an update shortly after things broke. The update also addresses some things like team scores in a more general way that should be less likely to be imcompatible with future updates.

This plugin should be updated fairly quickly when problems occur since the VIP Mod plugin uses all the same code and the VIP plugin is my primary focus.

c0ldfyr3 12-02-2005 03:30

I havent sat at my PC yet, going to shortly, is there a heads up of things they changed ??

L. Duke 12-02-2005 03:44

Basically all the CBaseEntity and CTeam stuff has changed in the binaries with no SDK update.

I'm currently changing a lot of that stuff over to Sig Scans. CTeam::SetScore was tough to find. Probably wouldn't have found it if BAILOPAN hadn't told me how.

c0ldfyr3 12-02-2005 05:26

Are you on IRC ?

Wont load at all with my new compile, no errors, none of my messages in Load() this is annoying me now :evil:

Geesu 12-19-2005 09:46

can u post source pwease ?