AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Module Coding (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mini Module Request (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=260823)

SkumTomteN 04-01-2015 12:03

Mini Module Request

Not totally sure if this is a "mini" module as i would call it lol. since i have never coded a module before. but its 1 function, so i guess its kinda mini?, right?

Also not sure if i should post a request for a module here. but i took a guess, so correct me if im wrong, and move this thread!.

I want to request a small module that hooks CBasePlayerWeapon::SendWeaponAnim, and then make a native so i can use it in my plugins.

I mainly want this to change pev_body on ViewModel "V_" on players successfully.

Correct me if im wrong, but it should work to change body on viewmodel trough module?

I have already tried in AMXX and it seems its either too slow, or i need a better way of doing it. (Tell me if you know a way in AMXX)

Arkshine 04-01-2015 13:08

Re: Mini Module Request

Too slow? I can tell this is not, you issue is not AMXX or whatever, and creating a module just for that is silly.
Try to understand how works the game instead.

SkumTomteN 04-01-2015 21:23

Yeah, it might be silly, but honestly, i didnt know.

Ive seen that it is possible, i just need to wich way to do it. do you know how?.

Main problem i had while doing tests, was that it was changing back to body 0 when i was shooting.

body 1 = female, body 0 = male hands.

Edit: Video here.

meTaLiCroSS 04-01-2015 21:49

Those plugins justs removes client-side prediction. That's because client's predicts animations, and that will override your own body set while sending animations to client. Just, crap

SkumTomteN 04-01-2015 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS (Post 2280859)
Those plugins justs removes client-side prediction. That's because client's predicts animations, and that will override your own body set while sending animations to client. Just, crap

I found out how to do it now. so its ok.

Thanks for replying though.

meTaLiCroSS 04-01-2015 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkumTomteN (Post 2280863)
I found out how to do it now. so its ok.

Thanks for replying though.

Removing client-prediction isn't a good idea also, you'll spent more bandwidth recoding weapon's bullet holes, sounds and effects, but it's the unique way also.

yokomo 04-02-2015 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS (Post 2280870)
Removing client-prediction isn't a good idea also, you'll spent more bandwidth recoding weapon's bullet holes, sounds and effects, but it's the unique way also.

I bet he dont even care about server performance.. All he need is fancy thing lol.

SkumTomteN 04-02-2015 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokomo (Post 2280886)
I bet he dont even care about server performance.. All he need is fancy thing lol.

My weapons are special, they use custom anims, sprites, sounds, and all. so i guess performance isnt the main thing here. i usually go with function first, then code it more efficent as time goes.

Yokomo, Its starting to look really fancy actually. been working alot on my zm :)

SkumTomteN 04-02-2015 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS (Post 2280870)

yes, i will need to send new animation and sound to my weapons. i also need to add female hand texture to my models. this is very new atm and im still thinking about ways of doing stuffs.

thanks for the info about bandwidth, will keep an eye on it, and the cpu. so far, its running very low, but need to test with more players later ofcourse.

hornet 04-02-2015 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokomo (Post 2280886)

Quality code doesn't seem to be appreciated much these days.