AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:GO] Unusual Effects (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=322079)

erroler 03-14-2020 19:46

[CS:GO] Unusual Effects

2 Attachment(s)
Unusual Effects

https://i.imgur.com/w4HY6Nc.gif

This plugin introduces unusual effects from Team Fortress 2. Also includes trails and auras.
See here for a (almost) full overview.
GitHub

I developed this plugin several years ago when I used to own a gaming community. I was deleting some folders to free up space the other day when I found it and thought it would be a waste to delete it as it still might be useful for some of you. The code ain't pretty, it uses the old syntax but hey it works I think.

Features
  • 57 head effects (Team Fortress 2 unusual effects)
  • 44 feet effects (Auras and trails)
  • Toggleable third person on the menu.

Setup
  • Download the plugin archive.
  • Upload everything to your gameserver.
  • Edit addons/sourcemod/databases.cfg and add a database entry for the plugin:

Quote:

"unusual"
    {
    "driver" "sqlite"
    "database" "unusual-effects"
    }
  • Edit server convars on cfg/sourcemod/unusual_effects.cfg to your taste.

Chat Commands

Open the menu:
  • !ue
  • !unusualeffects
  • !unusual
  • !unusuals

Server Convars
  • sm_ue_method - This plugin has two alternative ways of putting the effects on the players: normal (more stable, can't hide head effects in first person), experimental (buggy, sometimes doesn't work but hides head effects in first person). Default value: normal
  • sm_ue_flag - Restrict usage of the plugin to players with the given sourcemod flag. If left empty everyone can access it. Default value: o
  • sm_ue_allow_thirdperson - Allow the usage of third person on the menu. Default value: 1

Known Bugs
  • Players can't see the effects the first time they connect after downloading the files from the server. This is unavoidable. The client's game engine only loads the particle effects next time the map changes.

Changelog

0.2 (15/03/2020) - Removed server convar related to restricting access to menu after X seconds passed since the round started. Added server convar to restrict access to third person.
0.1 (14/03/2020) - Initial release.

NanoC 03-14-2020 19:49

Re: [CS:GO] Unusual Effects

Nice release! I've 1 doubt, is this similar as auras from store?

erroler 03-14-2020 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanoC (Post 2686968)
Nice release! I've 1 doubt, is this the same as auras from store?

Thanks! I have no idea. It's been a few years since I played CS:GO on community servers so I wouldn't know.

NanoC 03-14-2020 20:34

Here you have an example:

erroler 03-14-2020 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanoC (Post 2686974)
Here you have an example:

Yea, they seem the same!

wolvez04 03-15-2020 00:00

I have an issue with the ue_time cvar.

"Since the round has started more than 300 seconds ago the change will only take place in the next round."

It's doing this at the start of a map, no matter what value I use. Also there should be a value of 0 to disable this check, but 0 doesn't work. When I use mp_restartgame 1, it will then allow me to change effects.

Also it would be nice for a cvar to disable the thirdperson option on the menu.

erroler 03-15-2020 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolvez04 (Post 2686979)
I have an issue with the ue_time cvar.

"Since the round has started more than 300 seconds ago the change will only take place in the next round."

It's doing this at the start of a map, no matter what value I use. Also there should be a value of 0 to disable this check, but 0 doesn't work. When I use mp_restartgame 1, it will then allow me to change effects.

Also it would be nice for a cvar to disable the thirdperson option on the menu.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't remember why that cvar is even present and I don't think anyone wants it so I went ahead and removed it.

Added a new cvar sm_ue_allow_thirdperson to disable usage of third person on the menu.

tamiatag 03-18-2020 17:08

Good morning, sir,

Thank you for your wonderful creation.
Unfortunately, when I put it on my server, when I type !ue, the menu opens, but I can't choose any effect.

How can we add the effects to choose knowing that I took your plugin without modifying anything?

erroler 03-19-2020 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamiatag (Post 2687522)
Good morning, sir,

Thank you for your wonderful creation.
Unfortunately, when I put it on my server, when I type !ue, the menu opens, but I can't choose any effect.

How can we add the effects to choose knowing that I took your plugin without modifying anything?

This user added me on steam and we spoke privately. Turns out the problem was the server running Sourcemod 1.11 (the experimental version). For now stay with 1.10 if you want this plugin to work properly.

andrew13 03-22-2020 22:17

"Attempting to create unknown particle system 'unusual_orbit_fire' "

Receiving that error in my console, I can see the particles are downloading as well. Any suggestions?