AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Super Hero Module 2.002 & New Server (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=41434)

Freecode 07-15-2006 05:54

Super Hero Module 2.002 & New Server

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freecode (Post 385155)
There is a Leak problem in this version of the module. Untill the next version i suggest everyone should stick with the plugin. :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freecode (Post 404859)
Its very basic. Im the only developer on the module. Work is taking up too much time and I have to halt the development on the module for some time. I apologise to all those who have switched to it. I DO recommend using the plugin version untill i can finish it.

Good day.

After a long break from SuperHero Mod and coding in general i am continuing my work on the module as promised. My plans to release the module at CPL were interrupted by a certain someone :nono: (not really, but i like blaming people).

So whats new in this release? Well mostly bug fixes, optimizations
Version 2.002
Code:

- Updated Gravity/Speed natives to supply the cvar name (for instant changes)
- Fixed sh_set_user_lvl bug ~Batman/Gorlag
- Fixed default cvar values
- Fixed server crashing when using bots ~ BAILOPAN
- Optimized Player settings code
- Fixed Stun reset speed on default speed users (maybe :} )
- Other minor changes
- Added sh_setlevel <Name/@TEAM/@ALL>

I want to thank vittu and Emp' for bug testing alot of stuff for me. Others like BAILOPAN and Batman/Gorlag for finding bugs for me.

This module is compiled on AMXX 1.75a base (with all the new cool features like auto module loading i dont see why you shouldnt switch). So go ahead and switch to that before downloading the module.

Because i want people to help me and bug test this before i release the next version with MySQL saving i have put up an Official SuperHero Mod server running the latest beta.

Server IP: 82.165.182.134:27015
Server Mod: Counter-Strike 1.6

Join and have fun. For now i have just the default heroes and the default setup (10 levels). Saving is on for testing purposes.

And now onto release.....
Quote:

Cvars:
  1. sh_superhero - <1/0> Self-Explanatory. Turns mod on/off. Put this somewhere into you config file (server.cfg is fine)
  2. sh_numlevels - <#> (default = 10). Number of Max Levels. Put this somewhere into you config file (server.cfg is fine)
  3. sh_savexp - <1/0> Save XP points or not? (will save to binary file only). No MySQL support in this version.
  4. sh_saveby - <1/2> Save int binary by: 1. SteamID 2. Name
  5. sh_debug - <1/0> Will log debug messages. Only use when your server is crashing. Post your log file into forums to help us fix the crash.
  6. sh_hsmult - (Default 1.0). Headshot multiplier. Gain more XP for killing with Headshot.

OneEyed 07-15-2006 06:00

Re: Super Hero Module 2.002 & New Server

awesome work, i'll check it out after i release my thang =)

Jonathan Young 07-15-2006 15:25

Well, i really want to upgrade to the beta from the plugin version. I currently have mysql going and was wondering, if you have anything that will compile all the mysql data into a vault.ini file for the module. Then after the mysql version is release, put it all back to mysql from the vault. Sorry, haven't really searched, but i look forward to helping you. Do you plan on having merchant.amxx work on this?

Freecode 07-15-2006 15:38

No, and this is only temporary untill i finish adding sql saving. Which shouldnt be long for now. So if you have everything saved in sql i suggest waiting for the next release.

Any plugins that were written for sh plugin can be easily converted to the module.

Jonathan Young 07-15-2006 15:47

Okay, so i don't have to custom code anything for module then, such as sh_monitor and merchant? I can just put them in plugins.ini and they will work okay?

Freecode 07-15-2006 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Young
Okay, so i don't have to custom code anything for module then, such as sh_monitor and merchant? I can just put them in plugins.ini and they will work okay?

no. they would have to be converted. Once the final version is release, ill convert most of the old sh plugins.

Jonathan Young 07-15-2006 16:28

I know i must be getting bugging by now, sounds great. I have one more question, about when do you think this final version will be released, in about 2 weeks, sooner or later. Trying to find out, so i won't have a lot of down time and such on my servers, thank you. Good luck.

[RKS]i/you.got.pwned 07-15-2006 16:30

i look forward to testing it. in your changelog, it said you fixed server crashing with bots, just curious, what kind of bots are you using to test?

Freecode 07-15-2006 18:10

it really shouldnt matter what bots. But some bots are coded horribly. I tested with CZ bots (and i might have tested with POD bot as well).

The final version will proly be out within a month. I cant promise anything.

Emp` 07-15-2006 18:31

who ray!!!! btw just an fyi, i converted some of the sh plugins to module in my hero pack. just an fyi :wink: