AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Any] Target Name Changers (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219956)

thkbgd 12-20-2013 11:29

Re: [Any] Target Name Changers

When i try to download that message appears : Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author. And can i make it work on amx server 1.6 ?

Thanks

Powerlord 12-20-2013 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by thkbgd (Post 2074269)
When i try to download that message appears : Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author. And can i make it work on amx server 1.6 ?

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Click the namechangeinfo.smx link instead.

thkbgd 12-20-2013 11:36

Thank you ... and can i make it work for a amx 1.6 server ?

Powerlord 12-20-2013 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by thkbgd (Post 2074273)
Thank you ... and can i make it work for a amx 1.6 server ?

SourceMod plugins and AMX Plugins use different programs languages and APIs... so unless someone ports it to AMX, no.

Noxite 12-20-2013 15:27

Thank you.
Will sure come in handy against hackers.

Claw99 03-17-2014 09:30

Great Plugin! Is there a way to ban via IP?

friagram 03-17-2014 10:16

Why not just set the convar that ships with the engine to disable clients' ability to change names frequently... You can make it like 120s or something. That's why the cvar exists. Also don't see how this would offer any more use than something like forlix floodcheck which will just kick/ban people who rapidly cycle names.

ddhoward 03-17-2014 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by friagram (Post 2112627)
Why not just set the convar that ships with the engine to disable clients' ability to change names frequently... You can make it like 120s or something.

Setting a high time between name changes doesn't disable a hacker's ability to use a name similar to another player's... Some admins don't understand how to use UserIDs. 120s, 500, doesn't matter. Some admins are dumb and only know how to target by name and MultiTargetFilter. This plugin completely eliminates the need to look in the console for the UserID in the first place.

Quote:

Also don't see how this would offer any more use than something like forlix floodcheck which will just kick/ban people who rapidly cycle names.
False detections are bad. Some people don't want to instantly kick/ban. Like me; I prefer to rocket the hacker over and over and over with @namechanger, taunting him over the mic about how no matter how many times he changes his name, I can still target him.

Weasel 03-29-2014 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by friagram (Post 2112627)
Why not just set the convar that ships with the engine to disable clients' ability to change names frequently... You can make it like 120s or something. That's why the cvar exists. Also don't see how this would offer any more use than something like forlix floodcheck which will just kick/ban people who rapidly cycle names.

What ConVar is that?

cb684 08-08-2014 19:36

Will the server auto ban/kick the name changing player after logging their info,
if the command (sm_ban @namechanger 0 "text" or sm_kick @namechanger "text") is in the sourcemod.cfg? Or does it only work if an ingame admin types this command in the console?
Thank you for your time.