AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need white list(names + pass) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321372)

Meelo 02-07-2020 13:21

Need white list(names + pass)

Hello, is there any simple white-list plugin where can i set players names+pass, then he have to type setinfo _pw "pass" or any other setinfo to get access to the server?

fysiks 02-07-2020 22:07

Re: Need white list(names + pass)

Simply use SteamID for authentication, it is the only reliable method available (it makes access protected by your Steam account login). If you really want to use a name and password, that is already implemented in users.ini.

Also, what does this have to do with a whitelist?

Meelo 02-08-2020 07:24

Why all here ask why do I or anyone else need plugin like that.. i have an idea that's all and i need this

Users.ini it's not what i'm looking for.

fysiks 02-09-2020 04:22

Because people come here to get the best advice, authenticating by SteamID is the best advice for authentication. However, it's often due to misunderstanding what is being requested or a lack of clarity or details in the request.

So, I probably misunderstood what you are asking. Are you asking for the equivalent functionality of users.ini using the "a" flag but not giving them admin access? I.e. if they have the right username and password, they'll get into the server but not have admin access?

If so, I believe this can still be done with users.ini, just set their access flags to "z" and their account flag to "a". No need to wait for someone to write a plugin or you can use this method until someone writes it for you. Win-win.

HamletEagle 02-09-2020 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meelo (Post 2683123)
Why all here ask why do I or anyone else need plugin like that.. i have an idea that's all and i need this

It's up to us to decide which questions are relevant and ask them in order to better help others. Plus, we are not paid or compensated in any way for the help we provide so you don't get to say stuff like "I just want X thing so just do it"(basically you can't tell us how to do what we do).
Don't like being asked questions? Then do the plugin yourself.

Natsheh 02-09-2020 08:13

Hamlet I thought it's limited to 4 colours in menus. Red, White, yellow, and gray(Disabled). How could've you achieved that.?

OP: why just don't you set a password on the server.?

tarsisd2 02-09-2020 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsheh (Post 2683215)
Hamlet I thought it's limited to 4 colours in menus. Red, White, yellow, and gray(Disabled). How could've you achieved that.?

OP: why just don't you set a password on the server.?

I'm also wandering that, or was it just photoshop? XD

HamletEagle 02-09-2020 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarsisd2 (Post 2683218)
I'm also wandering that, or was it just photoshop? XD

It's not photoshop. But let's remain on topic.