AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Friendly Simple (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=274061)

Phil25 11-01-2015 00:45

[TF2] Friendly Simple

4 Attachment(s)
[TF2] Friendly Simple v0.924

This is my version of Friendly with quite a bit of code borrowed from ddhoward's Friendly Mode, so a lot of credit goes to the author of the original plugin.
Friendly Simple should NOT run alongside the original Friendly plugin.

Differences:
  • This plugin has 0 ConVars thus very easy to set up,
  • Friendly players are wholly unable to attack (except with Rocket/Sticky Jumper),
  • Friendly mode can be toggled only in spawn,
  • Friendly players, along with their cosmetics and weapons, are semi-transparent and are colored green,
  • For developers: Has its own include file, see below for more information,
  • Lots of potential bug/exploit fixes due to a different way of managing Friendlies.

Similarities:
  • Friendly players cannot be damaged nor deal damage,
  • Hostile players are able to clip through Friendly players,
  • Friendly players are unable to interact with the world in any way*,
  • Friendly players cannot use Teleporters or acquire metal from Dispensers,
  • Friendly players are not targeted by enemy Sentries,
  • Friendly players cannot RTD or Goomba stomp/get Goomba stomped,
  • Friendly players cannot capture Control Points, grab the Intelligence, etc.
  • The list goes on :wink:

Commands:
  • sm_friendly - Toggles Friendly mode on the activator (only works once the client is in spawn).
  • sm_f - Same as above.

Overriding access:
By default, sm_friendly is accessible to everyone. To restrict access, use Overrides.
Simply add a restriction to sm_friendly and sm_f will follow.

For developers:
Compiling

Include file

Changelog

Todo/Known issues

Installation:
  1. Simply click Get Plugin and place it in the sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
  2. Now, either restart the server or type "sm plugins load friendlysimple" in the console.
  3. NOTE: You will have to unload "friendly.smx" if you already have it installed.
  4. The .inc file is only for developers and, therefore, is optional.

Final note: This is my first plugin I'm releasing and bugs are expected. Please report anything you can find and/or help me fix it. I assure you, I would appreciate that greatly! :D

ddhoward 11-01-2015 01:12

Re: [TF2] Friendly Simple

Haven't looked at the plugin yet because I'm on my phone, but why don't you just have them override sm_friendly instead of that other override?

Phil25 11-01-2015 01:42

Because the commands are sm_friendly and sm_f. There are also some variants of the first one, for example sm_firendly. I'm not sure if it's a good practice adding such a thing, but I happened to misspell it at first quite often (sm_f negates that though, so it'll probably get removed).

EDIT: Well, I understand what you mean now, going to fix it right away.

ddhoward 11-01-2015 03:13

Hmm, I see what you mean. If you have multiple commands all going to the same function, I think the best thing to do would be to include a CheckCommandAccess right at the top of it, and have server owners use the "primary" command in their overrides file. That way overriding sm_friendly will affect all the other commands for it too. This isn't any sort of Sourcemod standard though, so it's totally up to you.

PC Gamer 11-01-2015 10:10

Great job! Works as advertised.

Observation: Bots still target you when friendly is active.
Desired effect: Bots ignore you when friendly is active.
Possible fix: Maybe use some of the coding already done by the amazing Tylerst on his 'Bot Ignore' plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2087931

Phil25 11-01-2015 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer (Post 2358824)
Possible fix: Maybe use some of the coding already done by the amazing Tylerst on his 'Bot Ignore' plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2087931

Thanks for the support! And as for that plugin, its way is a bit outdated - the client straight up becomes cloaked. Although that didn't seem to be the case in the past.

As I looked around, nobody seemed to had figured out to how have individual clients get ignored by bots. I will be in constant update about the this, though.

Phil25 11-01-2015 13:21

New version released:

v0.902 - Added 2 forwards - FriendlySimple_OnEnableFriendly(client) and FriendlySimple_OnDisableFriendly(client).

Phil25 11-01-2015 17:51

New version released:

v0.904 - Unable to taunt with the Equalizer and the Escape Plan as well as all spy knifes (buildings are getting destroyed and pumpkins explode).

Phil25 11-03-2015 17:09

New version released:

v0.905 - Unable to swtich to Friendly while having the Holiday Punch equipped. Also, fixed being able to attack with right click in certain situations.

Phil25 11-07-2015 11:06

New version released:

v0.906 - Unable to taunt with the Amputator.