AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceBans / SourceBans++ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Wrong IP created in database (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263738)

PieCoPresident 05-31-2015 22:02

Wrong IP created in database

I got the plugin working mostly well, but the automatic database table for sourceban's servers was made with the LAN ip instead of the WAN ip that most people connect to the server by, and one of the effects of which is the connect button on the server tab doesn't work for anyone outside my LAN. This might be more of a sourcemod thing than the plugins use it, but regardless, any way to fix that?

DarkDeviL 05-31-2015 23:54

Re: Wrong IP created in database

Go to your SourceBans site.

Admin Panel -> Servers.

Click 'Edit' under the Action bar for each of your server(s), and adjust the IP address to match your server's public IP address.

Note the ID field near each server, you may need to set it in every single server in addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg, like explained in the file:

Code:

// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
                "ServerID"              "-1"

And done!

WildCard65 06-01-2015 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by arne1288 (Post 2303453)
addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg, like explained in the file:

Code:

// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
                "ServerID"              "-1"

And done!

That description is changed along with the 1.5 plugin. Instead it has 2 options: 1) Set the id, in turn, nullify the plugin from auto grabbing it. 2) Leave it and let the SB plugin grab the id itself(if none is gained, add one).

DarkDeviL 06-01-2015 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildCard65 (Post 2303549)
That description is changed along with the 1.5 plugin. Instead it has 2 options: 1) Set the id, in turn, nullify the plugin from auto grabbing it. 2) Leave it and let the SB plugin grab the id itself(if none is gained, add one).

OP didn't mention any version; and as such, most (if not all) would normally assume that the user runs stable releases. Anything above 1.4.11 is beta/alpha (and forks).

Also my servers have always been able to fetch the stuff automatically, without setting any ID, but they haven't been behind NAT. This was also why I said "you may need", and not "you (do|will|...) need", etc.

PieCoPresident 06-01-2015 14:32

Thanks, set the ID and changed AutoAddServer to 0, couldn't guess what that did first time I looked through the config, fixed now. And yeah, I'm using the stable release (1.4.11).