AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=62028)

BAILOPAN 10-16-2007 23:33

TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released

I have two very exciting announcements that I'm sure many people have been long-eager to hear.

The first is that SourceMod now runs on Team Fortress 2, and will continue to support all Orange Box games. It is almost 100% supported; only some esoteric SDKTools functions are missing, and those will be added over the next few weeks.

There is no separate package for Team Fortress 2. SourceMod will intelligently load by detecting your Metamod:Source version, and in fact, it will run on both the 1.4.x branch and 1.6.x branch, on either Source engine. For the most part, plugins and their functionality (as long as they're not game specific) should work out of the box. If you encounter bugs, please file a bug report.

The second news update is that, with pRED's fine help, the admin menu has been completed. The admin menu represents months of careful programming and design decisions; it can be extended by any third party plugin. The initial items on the menu are a basic sketch of the commands currently available.

The admin menu can be invoked via the "sm_admin" command. The following two articles may be of interest:

>> Admin Menu Configuration
>> Admin Menu Interfacing (Scripting)

With that said, there are bound to be bugs in these wonderful new features. Don't forget to post bugs on the bug tracker and not the forums (though if you are curious, you can post on the forums first).

There is one major bug that users should not report: Team Fortress 2 only holds menus for four seconds. This is a bug on Valve's end and we don't want to work around it unless they refuse to fix it. You can switch to the old menus by removing "tf" from gamedata/core.games.txt.

You can see both of these additions in action below:
http://www.tcwonline.org/~dvander/te...hoamg_mini.PNG

I would like to thank:
  • pRED, for his work on the admin menu which was desperately needed.
  • faluco, for his toiling away on the Orange Box port.
  • PM OnoTo, for continuing to help us out with Metamod:Source.
  • ferret, for not killing us for messing up all his admin plugins.
  • Valve for making TF2 a very awesome game.
  • Mike Durand/Valve for releasing TF2 SDK specs early.

This post was sponsored by bacon cactus egg.

nbigdog2000 10-17-2007 00:50

Re: TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released

Great job you guys :)

Defiantly a big step for everyone :)

Fredd 10-17-2007 01:39

Great Job man, im making you some cookies

imported_Anth0ny 10-17-2007 02:11

Great work! =)
Thanks!

hazard 10-17-2007 02:16

Hells yes.

csallis 10-17-2007 02:21

Excellent work guys :up:

supermj 10-17-2007 02:26

Virtual high five...seems to be working great!!!

monkie 10-17-2007 03:11

Finally, I deployed my admins all at once on all of my Source servers by sourcemod r1607 :D

Congratulations, SourceMod & Metamod: Source developers!

1 more request, to provide an easy way to make the extensions compatible with MM: S 1.6.x as early as possible.
Since sourcemod now can be properly loaded on MM: S 1.6.x, I beg my 2 servers playing custom mods can run on MM: S properly. For example, CSS: DM and Zombie:Reloaded plugin with Hacks extension :D

Thank u again, thanks, Allied Modders.

exvel 10-17-2007 03:30

Thanks!

HSFighter 10-17-2007 03:34

Yes, very Great work! :-)
Thx!