AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   VSH / Freak Fortress (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   FF2 [TOOL] New Freak Fortress 2 Boss Editor (V0.5.6) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=317266)

JPZV 07-05-2019 11:22

[TOOL] New Freak Fortress 2 Boss Editor (V0.5.6)

Based on Doraros's FF2CFGGenerator, this is a new Open-source Application to create and edit FreakFortress 2 Bosses. This editor was made from zero with a new user-friendly interface and new features.

The FF2CFGGenerator is a good tool for making a simple CFG, but it lacks of a lot of thing. With this new tool, you can easily create a new boss, or even edit an existing one without needing to re-do everything if you miss something (as you can note, in FF2CFGGenerator, if you go to the next window, you cannot go back).
Also, you can save your boss configuration so you can open/share your configuration.
Also also, now you can select a weapon in the same app, so you don't need to indagate in the Wiki anymore. There are also the weapon's attributes.
Also also also, there are ability templates for Freak Fortress 2 Official and Freak Fortress Bat (Unofficial)

https://i.imgur.com/9iHRvYf.png

There are 6 tabs (again, no more windows) that you can use.
1. Basic Info (Boss' name, class, Model, Health, etc.)
2. Descriptions
3. Weapons
4. Abilities
5. Sounds
6. Files (Custom files for downloading, as mdl, vmt, vtf, etc.)

Download Tool
(Note: This tool stills as a pre-release, but it's almost fully functional)

Source Code

Plugins:
Spoiler

Changelog:
Spoiler

If you find a Bug or an error, you can post a comment or an issue in the GitHub (I would prefer an Issue in Github :wink: )
Also, any feedback is welcome :)

Batfoxkid 07-05-2019 17:17

Re: [TOOL] New Freak Fortress 2 Boss Editor

Oh wow another one! (I also personally don't like config generators but I recommend them for people first learning how to make bosses.)

I'll go ahead and pin this replacing the older one.

JPZV 07-05-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batfoxkid (Post 2657929)
Oh wow another one! (I also personally don't like config generators but I recommend them for people first learning how to make bosses.)

I'll go ahead and pin this replacing the older one.

Nice, thanks for the Sticky.

I also use manual editing, although maybe I will make my bosses with this tool hehe. Actually my mission is to make this tool as good as manual editing :wink:

epicwindow 07-05-2019 18:47

i still think manual editing is faster once you get experience(tbh its easily readable by anyone)plus with all those custom plugins out there dont think you can adapt to all of them unless you are really dedicated

JPZV 07-05-2019 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicwindow (Post 2657942)
i still think manual editing is faster once you get experience(tbh its easily readable by anyone)plus with all those custom plugins out there dont think you can adapt to all of them unless you are really dedicated

But it stills a good tool for those who are new in this world, or for those how can't remember the properties names/keys (like me haha).

Fun fact: One of my craziest idea was a feature to load a .SP File (or maybe .FF2) to get the args from a plugin. Saddly that couldn't be because there is no way to extract the ability's name/args with 100% accuracy. But you can still entering the ability's name/args by your self in the tool without needing to use the templates.

Batfoxkid 07-05-2019 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPZV (Post 2657950)
But it stills a good tool for those who are new in this world, or for those how can't remember the properties names/keys (like me haha).

Fun fact: One of my craziest idea was a feature to load a .SP File (or maybe .FF2) to get the args from a plugin. Saddly that couldn't be because there is no way to extract the ability's name/args with 100% accuracy. But you can still entering the ability's name/args by your self in the tool without needing to use the templates.

Maybe the ability to make our own template for a future update like addons.

JPZV 07-05-2019 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batfoxkid (Post 2657951)
Maybe the ability to make our own template for a future update like addons.

Actually that is not a bad idea. When I finish the ToDo List, I will add this for a future version ;)

JuegosPablo 08-03-2019 05:06

Re: [TOOL] New Freak Fortress 2 Boss Editor (V0.5.5)

a short question

idk which file i need to open it to install it (sorry im a bit dumb :P)

JPZV 08-03-2019 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuegosPablo (Post 2661651)
a short question

idk which file i need to open it to install it (sorry im a bit dumb :P)

Don't worry. You just need to go to Release, then go to the latest release (0.5.5 for now) and in the Assets section you have to select between x86 or x64 depending of your Windows (almost all the new computers uses x64, but if you are not sure, just use x86).
Inside the Zip is the application itself, it doesn't require any installation, but I would recommend you to extract the zip somewhere and use the .exe from there.

JuegosPablo 08-04-2019 17:25

btw there is a option to add the name/artist on songs of sound_bgm?

(that option is used on Batfoxkid fork and My Fork)