AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download exploit. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=142249)

asherkin 11-03-2010 07:16

ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download exploit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 2137039)
IT DON'T BLOODY WORK MAN! YE MUST ABANDON SHIP AND STOP USING THIS THING. :grrr: YARR.

This extension is long broken and unsupported, please do not post about it not working.

--------------------

What Does It Do?
Stops people downloading or uploading unauthorized files to your gameserver
What Doesn't It Do?
Anything else.
How Do I Get It?
Click here.
How Do I Install It?
Drop the folders in the archive in the addons/sourcemod folder.
What engines are supported?
  • Orange Box Valve (Source 2009).
Why does this exist?
Some people won't use the full ServerSecure VSP due to the cosmetic ping time increase, this is also missing from the Linux version of ServerSecure and D-FENS has been proven to be bypassed.
Who do I thank for this?
The method is directly from ServerSecure and was writen by AzuiSleet. All I have done is split out the code and converted it to use a different Detours lib that is cross-platform.
Where Is The Source Code?
Here.

matrixmark 11-03-2010 09:51

Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo

so err does this work for Left for dead on a LINUX server?

Sorry I dont get all this OB (orange box) stuff so i'm not sure :p

Thanks

Mark

asherkin 11-03-2010 09:56

Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo

Not currently.
Orange Box Valve (Source 2009) is TF2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2:DM and GMod.

matrixmark 11-03-2010 09:57

aww thats a shame, was just going to try and load it :p

meh, thanks anyways for your reply.

Mark

KyleS 11-04-2010 02:59

Awesome! :wink:

bobbobagan 11-04-2010 04:40

Does this one allow sprays?

KyleS 11-04-2010 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1341632)
Does this one allow sprays?

Allows all legitimate files. :wink:

tigerox 11-04-2010 13:45

Would this allow someone to upload a file with the same name as a vaild downloadable file, or are file overwrites not exploitable?

Example. Overwriting map files in the /maps folder.

bobbobagan 11-05-2010 12:17

Any conflicts, such as running DAF or Drunken F00l's anti-ddos at the same time?

asherkin 11-05-2010 13:12

Only with D-FENS (and ServerSecure if on Windows).