AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] EngiPads - Custom Teleporter Replacements (v1.1.0, 2018-01-10) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=304025)

starblaster64 12-31-2017 21:51

[TF2] EngiPads - Custom Teleporter Replacements (v1.1.0, 2018-01-10)

1 Attachment(s)
Engineer Pads

NOTE: Not currently actively maintained.

Description:
EngiPads adds the ability for Engineers to replace their Teleporters with custom buildings (Pads).

Currently there are two Pad types:
  • Boost: Gives allies a speed boost for a short duration.
  • Jump: Launches allies up and forwards in the direction they're moving.
You select your desired Pad by rotating before building.

Pads, unlike Teleporters, are totally independent from one another.
They spawn with 50HP, and have a max HP of 100 (like Mini-Sentries).
Pads cannot be upgraded. You can re-deploy a Pad to change its Pad type.

Current translation languages: English.

ConVars:
Code:

pads_version                                    - Plugin version. Don't touch this. If you do it'll fix itself anyway.
pads_enabled                    (def. 1)        - Enables/Disables the plugin. (2 - BoostPads only, 3 - JumpPads only)
pads_announce                  (def. 347.0)    - Interval between chat announcements about the plugin. 0.0 to disable.
pads_size                      (def. 0.7)      - Pad size multiplier.
pads_health                    (def. 100)      - How much HP Pads will have. Will initially spawn with 1/2 of this.
pads_jump_speed                (def. 700.0)    - How fast players will be launched horizontally by Jump Pads.
pads_jump_height                (def. 700.0)    - How fast players will be launched vertically by Jump Pads.
pads_jump_crouch_speed_mult    (def. 1.0)      - Multiply crouching players' speed by this much when using Jump Pads.
pads_jump_crouch_height_mult    (def. 1.0)      - Multiply crouching players' height by this much when using Jump Pads.
pads_jump_block_snipers        (def. 1)        - If enabled, prevents Snipers from scoping in while using Jump Pads.
pads_jump_cooldown              (def. 3.0)      - How long, in seconds, should Jump Pads take to recharge?
pads_boost_duration            (def. 5.0)      - How long, in seconds, should Boost Pads boost players for?
pads_boost_speed                (def. 520.0)    - What minimum speed should players be boosted to when using Boost Pads?
pads_boost_damage_threshold    (def. 35)      - How much damage a player can take before their Boost Pad boost is ended. 0 to disable.
pads_boost_airblast            (def. 1)        - Controls if airblasting a player will end their Boost Pad boost.
pads_boost_block_aiming        (def. 1)        - Set to 1 to prevent scoped-in/revved up players from being speed boosted.
pads_boost_cooldown            (def. 3.0)      - How long in seconds should Boost Pads take to recharge?
pads_bots_can_build            (def. 0)        - If enabled, Bots will build Boost Pads instead of Teleporters.
pads_block_eureka              (def. 1)        - Toggle blocking Eureka Effect from teleporting to Pads that are Exits.

Commands:
Code:

sm_pad
sm_pads                    - Opens a menu to toggle EngiPads on/off. Selection saved via cookies.
sm_pad_help
sm_padhelp                - Displays a panel with basic information about the plugin.

sm_engipads_override      - Not a command. Use this in admin_overrides.cfg to override who can/can't build EngiPads.

Installation:
Extract the contents of "engipads_vX.zip" into tf/addons/sourcemod.

The config file will be automatically generated the first time you run the plugin.
You can find and modify it at tf/cfg/sourcemod/engipads.cfg

Dependencies: None! But you will require morecolors.inc if you want to compile the plugin yourself.

GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Starblaster64/TF2-Engineer-Pads

Changelog:
Quote:

2017-02-13 (v1.1.0)
  • Added CVAR pads_boost_damage_threshold: Controls how much damage can be taken before a Boost Pad boost is ended early.
  • Added CVAR pads_boost_airblast: Controls if airblasting will end a Boost Pad boost early.
  • Minor code changes.
2017-01-10 (v1.0.2)
  • Reverted replacement of AcceptEntityInput() with RemoveEntity() since it's only present in SM 1.9, not 1.8. Will add it back once 1.9 becomes stable.
  • Added missing "cannot" to English translations file.
2017-01-08 (v1.0.1)
  • Updated SMLIB stocks to check if SMLIB is already included to avoid conflicts.
  • Added IsValidEntity() check to the sound hook.
  • Added exit button to Pads toggle menu.
  • Replaced instances of AcceptEntityInput(i, "Kill") with the new RemoveEntity() input.
2017-01-01 (v1.0.0)
  • Release!

Todo/Idea List:
Quote:

• Clean up and re-organise more code
  • Add damage threshold for the Boost Pad Boost.
  • Make SMLIB stocks check if SMLIB is included to avoid conflicts
  • Natives/Forwards to allow other plugins to add more Pad types. (Maybe, only if there's any interest. Never made any natives/forwards before.)
  • Negative effects for players that walk over enemy Pads. (Toggleable via CVAR)
  • More Pad types. (No (balanced) ideas currently)
  • Custom models (There's a distinct lack of custom Teleporter models, unfortunately)
  • Custom Weapons 3 Attributes sub-plugin
  • Make GitHub repo

Known Bugs:
Quote:

• Certain sounds can be heard globally.
  • PadConds can leak into the next round if Pads are used as the round restarts.
  • pads_block_eureka CVAR does not work correctly. Any Exits that are Pads will prevent all Engineers from EE teleporting to their Exit.
  • Something in OnGameFrame() can cause massive log spam (?).

Credits/Thanks:
Quote:

• Pelipoika & Psychonic - For helping me find the offset for m_hMatchingTeleporter
  • berni & co. - For the SMLIB stocks I used
  • Dr. McKay - For morecolors.inc
  • FlipFTW - Beta "testing"
GitHub Contributors
  • Glubbable

starblaster64 12-31-2017 21:58

Re: [TF2] EngiPads (v1.0.0, 2018-01-01)

--reserved?--

Fearts 01-01-2018 22:11

Neat.

PC Gamer 01-02-2018 01:27

Works great! Thank You!

Nanochip 01-02-2018 02:24

Looks good, thanks for sharing.

404UserNotFound 01-02-2018 13:52

Was this named after the "speed pad" (image source here) building that had a sound file name leaked after the EotL update?

starblaster64 01-02-2018 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound (Post 2569408)
Was this named after the "speed pad" (image source here) building that had a sound file name leaked after the EotL update?

Well yes and no.
The entire plugin is an amalgamation of the Engineer pad ideas that I've seen spring up over the years, as well as from other games too.
So I wouldn't say it was directly named after the leaked building.
"Pad" isn't exactly a unique name for a building itself either, and I don't really know what else I'd call them to be honest. "Mobility platforms" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely as "EngiPads". p:

404UserNotFound 01-03-2018 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by starblaster64 (Post 2569447)
Well yes and no.
The entire plugin is an amalgamation of the Engineer pad ideas that I've seen spring up over the years, as well as from other games too.
So I wouldn't say it was directly named after the leaked building.
"Pad" isn't exactly a unique name for a building itself either, and I don't really know what else I'd call them to be honest. "Mobility platforms" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely as "EngiPads". p:

Ah, well it's a neat plugin regardless :D

FlaminSarge 01-04-2018 19:50

Re: [TF2] EngiPads - Custom Teleporter Replacements (v1.0.0, 2018-01-01)

D'you have a Github repo for this?

crafting 01-04-2018 22:47

Re: [TF2] EngiPads - Custom Teleporter Replacements (v1.0.0, 2018-01-01)

This is AMAZING!! I do have some ideas for more pads. I would love to work with you for Custom Weapons. I know that you do know about us and like I said "this is AMAZING".

I am currently getting a update for our servers off the ground and if this goes through, I would love to have these as new PDAs on our servers. :)