AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Server Crontab (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=60046)

dubbeh 08-25-2007 19:43

[ANY] Server Crontab

Server Crontab v2.0.0.0

About the plugin:
Run server jobs at certain Minutes, Hours, Days of the Week and Days of the Month. Admins will need the ROOT access flag to Add, Remove or View Cronjobs. To get a better idea of what cronjobs are, check out the official Wikipedia article here

Full documentation and Examples
Download

The actual plugin won't compile directly on the forums because of custom natives. Full source is included in the download.

Have fun, dubbeh :)

MoggieX 08-26-2007 21:09

Re: Basic Server Crontab

Another ace addition!

I was looking at the chron one and decided it was a little OTT, this looks perfect. Will be giving this a bash tomorrow.

BTW really dumb question, does this execute on every map change? As in your example you have used the plugin to change the mapcyclefile, would you remove the mapcyclefile reference from the server.cfg file or just leave it be???

Matt

API 08-27-2007 02:12

Great job :]

dubbeh 08-27-2007 14:56

thx pimpinjuice :)

MoggieX this runs the selected config/setting at the specified time in the jobs.ini - recommend to remove the settings you'll be changing from the server.cfg. so it doesn't get reset at every map change :)

next release will include checking that the job.ini settings are in valid ranges & allow the hour option to have a wildcard

Isias 08-27-2007 16:56

Could you add a roundend / roundstart feature? Not really a cronjob, but would be usefull for several functions.

GCFaith 08-29-2007 10:01

Thanx for filling my request :) When I have some time im gonna test it :)

Nican 08-29-2007 10:21

dubbeh wouldn't it be nice if plugins could register cron jobs for their own use?

If you don't know how, I can help you

MoggieX 08-29-2007 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbeh (Post 523968)
thx pimpinjuice :)

MoggieX this runs the selected config/setting at the specified time in the jobs.ini - recommend to remove the settings you'll be changing from the server.cfg. so it doesn't get reset at every map change :)

next release will include checking that the job.ini settings are in valid ranges & allow the hour option to have a wildcard

Heya,

Many thanks for clarification for that!

Oh and ty for building it!!!

Matt

dubbeh 08-29-2007 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by -<[PAGC]>- Isias (Post 524026)
Could you add a roundend / roundstart feature? Not really a cronjob, but would be usefull for several functions.

I'll get something like that added in a later version, got a few ideas for the internal structure that will allow jobs like that to be set

@nican nice idea. I could add some stocks RegisterCronJob then return the job index for removal later on & UnregisterCronJob using the job index. I'll have a look into it. Also planning on using the adt array for an unlimited number of jobs soon ;)

Nican 08-29-2007 23:38

Yay!

If you need help, created the natives, using adt_array, just PM me...