AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=98651)

Damizean 07-27-2009 13:20

[TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)

8 Attachment(s)
[TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8

This plugin allows players to equip custom wearable items (those being hats, armors, or anything the administrator sets in the server) to customize the visuals of the characters. It requires Voogru's patch for player attachments extension to work.

Please remember that with the recent changes in Valve's policy about the usage of their official/promotional content, we do not intend to support their use with this plugin. ONLY USE CUSTOM CONTENT WHEN USING THIS PLUGIN. Otherwise Valve would react to this and completely restrict the creation of custom items. Find more info about it here.

Special thanks to voogru for his hard work on the patch for player attachments extension. Thanks to Sourcemod's IRC channel for the tips, CrimsonGT, and exvel's colors library. Thanks for Sexual Harrasment Panda for beta-testing the plugin on his server and translation tweakings, and everyone else who's contributed with it. Thanks to Zuko for the polish translation.

Cvars
  • tf_equipment_admin - Only administrators can use the equipments.
  • tf_equipment_admin_flags - Only administrators can use the equipment.
  • tf_equipment_admin_override - Administrators can override the equipment restrictions.
  • tf_equipment_announce - Announces usage and tips about equipable items.
  • tf_equipment_announce_plugin - Announces information of the plugin when joining.
  • tf_equipment_force_admins - Forces the default equipment for admin users.
  • tf_equipment_force_users - Forces the default equipment for common users.
  • tf_equipment_delayonspawn - Amount of time to wait to re-equip items after spawn. To be used with Melee Redux plugins and all that.
  • tf_equipment_blocktriggers - Hides the plugin triggers so they won't be spammed on the chat.
Commands:
  • tf_equipment - Shows the equipment management menu.
  • equip - Shows the equipment management menu (Alias).
  • em - Shows the equipment management menu (Alias).
  • hats - Shows the equipment management menu (Alias).
  • tf_equipment_equip <target> <name> - Forces to equip an item onto a client.
  • tf_equipment_remove <target> <slot> - Forces to remove an item on the client.
  • tf_equipment_lock <target> <1/0> - Locks/unlocks the client's equipment so it can't be changed.
  • tf_equipment_override <target> <1/0> - Enables restriction overriding for the client.
  • tf_equipment_reload - Reparses the items file and rebuilds the equipment list.
Installation:
  • Install Voogru's patch for player attachments (REQUIRED).
  • Place the provided files in the zip on the correct folders in Sourcemod.
  • In case of updating, delete the previous files used by the plugin, before placing the new contents.
Adding more items:
  • To add more items, you need to:
    • Edit the /addons/sourcemod/configs/TF2_ItemList.cfg list and follow the same model as the other items, adding the correct flags for each item.
    • MAKE SURE YOU SETUP AN INDEX TO YOUR CUSTOM HATS. This is obligatory since version 1.1.6.
  • To create new items, you'll have to create them through a 3D creation tool (I use 3D Studio Max 2009), and skin the model to the the correct bone (for hats, bip_head, for example.)
Changelog:
  • 1.1.8. -
    • Adapted plugin to work with voogru's extension.
    • Changed body groups calculation method.
    • Included a Pedobear hat as custom hat example.
    • Decreased slot size from 3 to 2. This is due the workaround method used for other players to be able to see custom hats.
  • 1.1.7. -
    • Fixed gamedata to use the latest update virtual offsets.
    • Made a temporal fix to prevent crashes on Windows servers when a spy disguises as another player with a hat created by the plugin. The disguised spies won't be wearing the plugin hats anymore.
  • 1.1.6. -
    • Added support for clientprefs (Individual for each class).
    • Switched to post_inventory_application event to determine when to equip the items.
    • Cleaned up code and changed the variable name convention to the Hungarian Notation. While at it, I've made some fixes here and there, minor things.
    • Setting a item index is now obligatory even for custom hats, needs to be set to one of the values found in the the sample indexes table (configs file).
  • 1.1.5. Quick fix -
    • Fixed error with the flag HIDE_SCOUT_HEADPHONES wich clashed with the INVISIBLE flag, leading to a server crash.
    • Enhanced management to determine the visible body groups.
  • 1.1.4. (Beta too) -
    • Fixed slot numeration so the slot number in the item list corresponds on the menu. Now the range is between 1 to 3.
    • Added support for using other real hats indexes. These indexes are set in order for specific hats appear on the death cam overlay, or activate special features of those hats.
    • Added support to hide special bodygroups (Soldier's helmet, Scout's hat and headphones, Engineer's helmet and Sniper's hat)
    • Added support for invisible hats (for hatless fun).
  • 1.1.3. (Beta) -
    • Changed method to spawn the hats. Now the game identifies them as real hats (specifically, the Batter's helmet). This makes them work more like the real ones, automatically fixes the dead ringer bug and the death bug.
    • Updated gamedata definitions to work with the Classless update.
    • Warning: Some of the new hats hide different parts of the model, probably based upon the hat id. That's not implemented yet, so some of the hats won't appear properly.
  • 1.1.2 -
    • Added team restrictions for the hats, under the key named "teams". Look at the example for more information and update your items list.
    • Disabled shadow rendering to improve perfomance on hats.
    • Optimized the hat creation process to only create & destroy the entity when needed.
    • Fixed commands to target non-alive players too.
    • Added a command to reload item list.
    • Polish translation added, thanks to Zuko.
  • 1.1.0 - Lots of stuff.
    • Rewrote major part of the management for the items.
    • Added support for multiple item slots
    • Support for admin only items
    • Support for class specific items
    • Support for default items to wear
    • Enhanced the menus
    • Added new admin commands
    • Dropped translation support for items. It wasn't necessary.
    • Fixed the resupply glitch and the dead ringer glitch.
  • 1.0.0 - Initial release
Known Issues:
  • When the player dies, on non-drop hat types, the ragdoll hat skin appears as Red. Why? Damn if I knew.
  • The latest update crashes if the plugin runs under Windows when a spy tries to disguise as a player with an EM hat. I've got to try to find a way to make it work fine on both Linux and Windows.
To do:
  • Integrate the functionalities of the admin commands into the admin menu.
Additional info:
To compile the plugin, you'll need exvel's colors library. Compiling it without it (or downloading the compiled plugin) will fail.
I also would appreciate if you left the welcome announcement saying the plugin is available. Thank you.

People using this plugin? Many!
Need more hats? Well, check Zuko's Mega Pack

almcaeobtac 07-27-2009 13:24

Re: [TF2] Wearables for everyone!

Only works in TF2?

Damizean 07-27-2009 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by almcaeobtac (Post 883153)
Only works in TF2?

Yes, it makes use of a TF2 specific entity, the tf_wearable_item.

pheadxdll 07-27-2009 13:52

Thank you so much! My server's donators will like this. :)

retsam 07-27-2009 16:01

Nice plugin man. I had the same idea as pheadxdll. :) +karma 4 u.

Suggestion. Im prolly gonna edit it myself anyways, but it would be better if you had a simpler say trigger imo. sm_tf2_wearables is kinda alot to type and remember. Its fine for a console command, but how bout a simple say trigger. I was thinking along the lines of a trigger like !equip, !hats, or !wearables. Something like that. Just a suggestion..

Bug: It looks like resupply lockers remove wearables just fyi. Is there a way to fix that?

Dragonshadow 07-27-2009 16:35

Maybe this could help?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...05&postcount=4

I'm pretty sure either activator or caller is the client.

Taner 07-27-2009 16:35

Even though I set sm_tf2_wearables_adminonly 1 and sm_tf2_wearables_announce 0 in my server.cfg, they get reset every map.

It would be nice if we could choose a flag instead of adminonly

Dragonshadow 07-27-2009 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taner (Post 883293)
Even though I set sm_tf2_wearables_adminonly 1 and sm_tf2_wearables_announce 0 in my server.cfg, they get reset every map.

in your cfg/sourcemod folder there is a tf2_wearables.cfg
modify the setting in it instead.

retsam 07-27-2009 16:57

They dont get reset every map. Youre doing something wrong.

And there is an announce msg that is not part of the cvar check. Thats probably what youre seeing. I already fixed that in mine.

Damizean 07-27-2009 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam (Post 883271)
Bug: It looks like resupply lockers remove wearables just fyi. Is there a way to fix that?

Yeah, that's listed on the Known Issues. I'll take a look at Dragonshadow's link to see if I can fix that for next release.

Also, for the trigger, SM automatically deletes the sm_ part from the command, so a chat trigger can also be !tf2_wearables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taner (Post 883293)

That's because the server.cfg is run before the TF2_Wearables.cfg, you need to configure the second (at /cfg/sourcemod/)

Anyway, what you mean with a flag? Making some wearables admin only through the list file?

scopesp 07-27-2009 17:06

nice nice ;)
thx

ahh hope fix comming soon for that resuply bug :(

anyways possible to download the skins from fpsbana and put it as hat ?

i got a error like this :(

Error Vertex File for 'player\items\heavy\football_helmet.mdl' checksum -1423448764 should be 467941287

------

sorry to ask so much maybe is possible to add a chat command for "!hats" ;)

retsam 07-27-2009 17:08

He means be able to specify flags. I already edited it that way for mine.

Code:

new Handle:Cvcharadminflag = INVALID_HANDLE;
new String:CharAdminFlag[32];

Cvcharadminflag = CreateConVar("sm_tf2_wearables_adminflag", "d", "Admin flag to use for immunity.  Must be a in char format.");

Code:

public OnConfigsExecuted()
{
    GetConVarString(Cvcharadminflag, CharAdminFlag, sizeof(CharAdminFlag));

}

Code:

public OnClientPostAdminCheck(client)
{

if(IsValidAdmin(client, CharAdminFlag))
    {
      ThePlayerIsAdmin[client] = true;
  }   
    else
    {
    ThePlayerIsAdmin[client] = false;
  }   
}

Code:

stock bool:IsValidAdmin(client, const String:flags[])
{
    if (!IsClientConnected(client))
        return false;
    new ibFlags = ReadFlagString(flags);
    if ((GetUserFlagBits(client) & ibFlags) == ibFlags) {
        return true;
    }
    if (GetUserFlagBits(client) & ADMFLAG_ROOT) {
        return true;
    }
    return false;
}

Damizean 07-27-2009 17:52

Thank you, I'll implement the admin flags code into the plugin :)

Zuko 07-27-2009 18:12

thanks man!

someone have custom hats?

LuFa 07-27-2009 19:28

It works great, but I'm having trouble putting in custom hats. I'm not sure where to put the model and material files, and I'm also not sure how to make it so that clients'll download them :(

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 19:58

does this plugin force downloads if everything is configured right for the custom content?
Can you make it so people with certain flags automatically have certain things? this would allow all admins to always have a special armband or something to that effect. On top of that they would be able to select other things as well.

Damizean 07-27-2009 20:34

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I've integrated a small dependencies system to manage the download of the wearable items. Let's say you have your custom model, located at:
Code:

/models/custom/hats/hat.mdl
After reading the model location from the list, the plugin will automatically try to find if a dependencies list file is available for this model, being this dependencies file being named the same as the model, but adding .dep at the end
Code:

/models/custom/hats/hat.mdl.dep
The dependencies file is just a bunch of lines with the files required for that model to correctly work, example extracted from one of my custom hats:
Code:

materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vmt
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vmt
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.mdl
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx80.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx90.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.sw.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vvd
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.phy

Depending on the extension of each file listed, it'll automatically determine the type and preload it correctly. I'm going to attach the Samus helmet so you can see how it's set up.

Quote:

Can you make it so people with certain flags automatically have certain things?
Do you mean equip automatically with a certain hat the people with the flags? It's doable, I'll make sure to add that for next version.

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damizean (Post 883448)
Well, I've made a small dependances system for the wearable items.

Do you mean equip automatically with a certain hat the people with the flags? It's doable, I'll make sure to add that for next version.

1) Do you have to edit the dependency system yourself or will it work if you just list it in your cfgs
2)Plugin currently removes ammo and health as well as resupply lockers
3)When modeling, how do you tell it where to put the wearable
4)Could you post up your custom content?
5)Yes, automatically equip admins with flag b let's say with a certain hat, or armband.
6)Could these admins have other hats as well as the armbands?

Damizean 07-27-2009 20:47

Quote:

1) Do you have to edit the dependency system yourself?
You need to create the dependencies list by yourself, but if you're the modeller, it's just a matter of listing the files the model uses.
Quote:

2)Plugin currently removes ammo and health as well as resupply lockers
What? Sorry, didn't understand this. The plugin works fine with resupplies and stuff, I've tested it on some servers for days before getting this up.
Quote:

3)When modeling, how do you tell it where to put the wearable
You need to create a bone, name it with the same name you want for it to be attached, and skin the model with that bone. The easiest way is to decompile any of the classes model to get the complete skeleton, so you can easily place the models and assign them.
Quote:

4)Could you post up your custom content?
I did, I've uploaded a Samus helmet.
Quote:

6)Could these admins have other hats as well as the armbands?
Right now it's only one model for one client. I didn't want to mess much with the system because there's a limit on how many wearables you can have, and until it's not certain on how to access to hMyWearables, I didn't want to force a lot.

Anyway, in the same wearable model, you can attach various submodels to different bones. For example, in my Sonic mask, I also attached the shoes models to the foot bones
Quote:

7)Could you shorten the command to get wearables, such as !hats
Yeah, will do for next version. Probably for tomorrow.

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 20:50

sorry didn't see your upload for samus, but thank you for sonic. Also thank you for the info on the modeling, as I have a friend making some models for us. Also, it doesn't remove the cabinte, but the cabinets ability to give out ammo and such. It has removed all health and ammo drops for us though, I'll look through lots and errors and such to see if it's letting me know anything.

Edit: health and ammo pickups are fine, i must've done something wrong

Damizean 07-27-2009 20:51

I can post the Scout reference .MAX I've used to make the hats on my server, but I don't know if I'm permitted to do so.

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 21:07

I am currently trying to get some of the custom models off of fpsbanana, i'll let you know if those work. First one i'm trying is the pyro darth vader.

Damizean 07-27-2009 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda (Post 883473)
I am currently trying to get some of the custom models off of fpsbanana, i'll let you know if those work. First one i'm trying is the pyro darth vader.

Haha, actually I've ported some of the fpsbanana models too. Had to decompile and recompile them to actually change the path, so it wouldn't clash with the default hats. I was going to do the darth vader soon, too.

octo-dhd 07-27-2009 21:13

I got that one to work using a plugin I wrote quickly based off of his earlier research post, so I know you can get vader working. I'm trying to figure out how to use the vader model as a normal model so I can leave them laying around, but I havn't had as much luck doing that :)

Damizean 07-27-2009 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by octo-dhd (Post 883477)
I got that one to work using a plugin I wrote quickly based off of his earlier research post, so I know you can get vader working. I'm trying to figure out how to use the vader model as a normal model so I can leave them laying around, but I havn't had as much luck doing that :)

Create a dynamic_override or a physics_override, depending on what you want to do :3

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by octo-dhd (Post 883477)

Could i get this from you possibly?

DontWannaName 07-27-2009 21:32

Is there a way to give the correct hat to the correct class so I dont have the demos afro on the pyro?

octo-dhd 07-27-2009 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damizean (Post 883485)
Create a dynamic_override or a physics_override, depending on what you want to do :3

Thats what I was trying, but I dont seem to see the model, maybe I goofed up in the decompile, I messed with a bunch of other ones and had success (such as the welding mask) but that one and the big afro for the demo haven't worked at all for me using them as anything but equipitem (they worked for that).

noodleboy347 07-27-2009 21:35

You are the best! 5star +karma

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-27-2009 21:49

If people are willing to upload their hats that they make, I can host them on my website. I'd love to get a good database of these, once I make them i'll be hosting them on my site at least.

noodleboy347 07-27-2009 22:36

The Scout one doesn't work because in the data file you called it Battler's Helmet. Changing it to Batter's fixes it.

pheadxdll 07-28-2009 01:58

Here's some example code to make hats stick after touching an ammo cabnit. Hope it helps:

Code:

new Handle:g_hDistance = INVALID_HANDLE;

public OnPluginStart()
{
    g_hDistance = CreateConVar("sm_jumble_distance", "128.0", "<128.0> Player distance to ammo cabnit to regenerate.");
    HookEntityOutput("prop_dynamic", "OnAnimationBegun", EntityOutput_OnAnimationBegun);
}

public EntityOutput_OnAnimationBegun(const String:output[], caller, activator, Float:delay)
{
    if(IsValidEntity(caller))
    {
        new String:strModelName[128];
        GetEntPropString(caller, Prop_Data, "m_ModelName", strModelName, sizeof(strModelName));
        if (StrEqual(strModelName, "models/props_gameplay/resupply_locker.mdl"))
        {
            new Float:flPos[3];
            GetEntPropVector(caller, Prop_Send, "m_vecOrigin", flPos);

for (new i=1;i<=MaxClients;i++)
            {
                if(IsClientInGame(i) && IsPlayerAlive(i))
                {
                    new Float:flOrigin[3];
                    GetEntPropVector(i, Prop_Send, "m_vecOrigin", flOrigin);

// Player was close enough to ammo cabnit, so re-equip hat
                    if(GetVectorDistance(flPos, flOrigin) <= GetConVarFloat(g_hDistance))
                    {
                        // Code to re-equip hat here. Entity is already destroyed.
                    }
                }
            }
        }       
    }
}

MrSaturn 07-28-2009 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damizean (Post 883448)
Well, I've integrated a small dependencies system to manage the download of the wearable items. Let's say you have your custom model, located at:
Code:

/models/custom/hats/hat.mdl
After reading the model location from the list, the plugin will automatically try to find if a dependencies list file is available for this model, being this dependencies file being named the same as the model, but adding .dep at the end
Code:

/models/custom/hats/hat.mdl.dep
The dependencies file is just a bunch of lines with the files required for that model to correctly work, example extracted from one of my custom hats:
Code:

materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vmt
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vmt
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.mdl
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx80.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx90.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.sw.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vvd
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.phy

Depending on the extension of each file listed, it'll automatically determine the type and preload it correctly. I'm going to attach the Samus helmet so you can see how it's set up.

Cant seem to get it to work at all. All I get are error models.

I've uploaded the files both onto my gameserver and onto my webhost fast download server.
I've edited the Translation file (tf2_wearables.items) and TF2_Wearables (in the data folder) to add samus helm.

I've checked my clientside folder and they seem to be downloading fine. I dont know what could be going wrong.

noodleboy347 07-28-2009 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaturn (Post 883642)
Cant seem to get it to work at all. All I get are error models.

I've uploaded the files both onto my gameserver and onto my webhost fast download server.
I've edited the Translation file (tf2_wearables.items) and TF2_Wearables (in the data folder) to add samus helm.

I've checked my clientside folder and they seem to be downloading fine. I dont know what could be going wrong.

Try restarting your server, and maybe adding the models to the whitelist.

@OP, can you also make it so with admin only the message it has when you join the server is for admins only? And can you also make a trigger for it, like suggested above (!hats)

MrSaturn 07-28-2009 03:15

Working now somehow magically. Thanks for the help

MrSaturn 07-28-2009 04:15

It would be pretty wicked if you incorporated a command like sm_wear, so you could force wearables on someone without having to tell them about the menu and etc.

This could also work with other plugins too.

noodleboy347 07-28-2009 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaturn (Post 883683)
It would be pretty wicked if you incorporated a command like sm_wear, so you could force wearables on someone without having to tell them about the menu and etc.

This could also work with other plugins too.

That's just what I was thinking.

Please?

Neo Cool Dude 07-28-2009 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodleboy347 (Post 883689)
That's just what I was thinking.

Please?

Pretty pretty please, with a gum drop on top?

Damizean 07-28-2009 12:07

xD I will, but wait before I can get things in order, I've been rewriting quite some stuff, I've made a more complex way to setup the wearables, allowing you to select wich classes can use them, if only admins can or wich are the forceable defaults for common users or admins (for the armband thing).

Also, I'm increasing the number of wearable items at once to 3 so you can, for example, wear a helmet and an armor at the same time. I still need to check if this works properly though.

Example of the new style of setup:
PHP Code:

/*****************************************************************************
                           PROPERTIES TABLE

Flags:
+---------------------+------------------------------------------------------+
| FLAGS               | DESCRIPTION                                          |
| DEFAULT             | Sets the wearable as default for common users        |
| ADMIN_DEFAULT       | Sets the wearable as the admin default               |
| ADMIN_ONLY          | This hat is wearable only by admins                  |
| USE_TRANSLATION     | Use translation tables for the name of this item     |

Classes:
+---------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
| CLASS               | CLASS               | CLASS               |
| SCOUT               | SNIPER              | SOLDIER             |
| DEMOMAN             | MEDIC               | HEAVY               |
| PYRO                | SPY                 | ENGINEER            |
| ALL                 |
+---------------------+

Slots:
+---------------------+
| SLOTS               |
+---------------------+
| 0                   |
| 1                   |
| 2                   |
+---------------------+

*****************************************************************************/

"Hats"
{

"Afro"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/demo/demo_afro.mdl"
        "flags"        "DEFAULT, USE_TRANSLATION"
        "classes"    "DEMOMAN"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"MiningHat"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/engineer/mining_hat.mdl"
        "classes"    "ENGINEER"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"SpyHat"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/spy/spy_hat.mdl"
        "classes"    "SPY"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"FootballHelmet"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/heavy/football_helmet.mdl"
        "classes"    "HEAVY"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"MedicHelmet"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/medic/medic_helmet.mdl"
        "classes"    "HEAVY"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"PyroHat"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/pyro/pyro_hat.mdl"
        "classes"    "PYRO"        
        "slot"        "0"

}

"BatterHelmet"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/scout/batter_helmet.mdl"
        "classes"    "HEAVY"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"ToothHat"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/sniper/tooth_hat.mdl"
        "classes"    "SNIPER"
        "slot"        "0"

}

"SoldierHat"

{

"model"        "models/player/items/soldier/soldier_hat.mdl"
        "classes"    "SOLDIER"
        "slot"        "0"

}

Sexual Harassment Panda 07-28-2009 14:38

I am very excited, looks like you've been busy.