AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Player Trails (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=189859)

databomb 07-11-2012 20:14

Player Trails

2 Attachment(s)
Player Trails

Description:

This is a simple player trails plugin for your server. No need to spend time editing many config files ... It just works. :-)

Requirements:

SDKHooks Extension

Installation:

• Place any trails you would like in the materials/sprites/trails/ directory.
  • Use SM Downloader to add the materials/sprites/trails/ directory to the download table.
The names for the sprites you pick are the ones that will appear in the trails menus, so if you don't like them then change the names of the files to be more descriptive!

Usage:

Players can access the trails menu from !trails or !settings
Trails Menu:
1) Change Trail Type
2) Change Trail Color
3) Change Trail Visibility
Optional Plugins:

Hub [Don't have access? Consider donating to help support the community!]
This plugin will let users use credits to purchase access to individual trails, similar to some !store plugins.
Make sure to configure your features.cfg appropriately. You'll need Trail Visibility, Trail Color, and one entry for each trail filename. Change the Cost values to the desired value.
Quote:

"Trail Visibility"
{
"Cost" "2000"
}
"Trail Color"
{
"Cost" "2000"
}
"Trails"
{
"filename1"
{
"Cost" "500"
}
"filename2"
{
"Cost" "600"
}
}
Toggle Effects
This plugin will let users have a global option to turn off all special effects.

Special Days (private)
This plugin is for JB servers; it disables trails when a round has special rules applied to it.

Changelog:

v 1.0.5 Initial relase
v 1.0.6 Removed non-TF2 from name; uses new hub.inc forwards to remove a trail once it's been sold/gifted
v 1.0.7 Fixed bug with removing an equipped trail

Cvars:

sm_playertrails_enable
Enables/Disables Player Trails [default: 1]

sm_playertrails_donatoronly
Specifies whether everyone or only donators will receive trails (everyone = 0) [default 0]

sm_playertrails_adminflags
If donatoronly is 1 then these flags determine who is a donator. (empty = any admin) [default "sz"]

sm_playertrails_lifetime
Seconds a trail will continue before disappearing [default 1.0]

sm_playertrails_startwidth
Meters the trail is wide at the beginning of life [default 22.0]

sm_playertrails_endwidth
Meters the trail is wide at the end of life. [default 0.0]

sm_playertrails_rendermode
The default render mode that a trail will use. [default 5]

sm_playertrails_chatprefix
The default chat prefix used, you should change this one! [default "\x03[xG] \x01"]

Mitchell 07-11-2012 21:04

Re: Player Trails [Non-TF2]

what's the difference from this? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1691372

and HUB is in the donor section (for now)

EGood 07-11-2012 21:08

it works in css ?
and gj !!

databomb 07-11-2012 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 1748406)
what's the difference from this? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1691372

and HUB is in the donor section (for now)

Panda had no willingness to fix certain bugs or incorporate other suggestions. Ultimately his plugin offers a lot more options but it was too complex to work in association with other plugins like the hub.

databomb 07-11-2012 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGood (Post 1748409)
it works in css ?
and gj !!

Yes, it will work for CS:S :-)

Mitchell 07-11-2012 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by databomb (Post 1748422)
Panda had no willingness to fix certain bugs or incorporate other suggestions. Ultimately his plugin offers a lot more options but it was too complex to work in association with other plugins like the hub.

Yeah, he said he was working on a bigger project, which i shouldnt mention.

databomb 08-11-2012 13:08

Re: Player Trails

Version 1.0.6 Posted

- Removed (non-TF2) from plugin title as received reports that it works fine in TF2
- Now uses new forwards from hub.inc to remove a trail once it's been sold or gifted away

Version 1.0.7 Posted

- Fixed bug with removal of a trail

Horsedick 08-11-2012 16:02

Checking this out I see a conflicting issue with the menu, if you "8" or Back which it really shouldn't have that option right as you use /trails it falls back up against two other plugins if you have them installed or could be more.

the two its showing or detecting are 1. Custom Chat Color's toggle that dr kay created to toggle those effects off and 2. jetpack prefs which turns on/off jetpack usage. I've got both of those locked down for certain flagged use only but to allow it to fall back into that "root" menu will cause problems - can you alter this to fix that?

Also for trail type - where do you find this depot of trail types to be dumped into the above location as noted in the instructions? If I over looked something pointing to this my bad.

databomb 08-11-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1769446)
Checking this out I see a conflicting issue with the menu, if you "8" or Back which it really shouldn't have that option right as you use /trails it falls back up against two other plugins if you have them installed or could be more.

the two its showing or detecting are 1. Custom Chat Color's toggle that dr kay created to toggle those effects off and 2. jetpack prefs which turns on/off jetpack usage. I've got both of those locked down for certain flagged use only but to allow it to fall back into that "root" menu will cause problems - can you alter this to fix that?

Also for trail type - where do you find this depot of trail types to be dumped into the above location as noted in the instructions? If I over looked something pointing to this my bad.

There's no conflict; that menu can be accessed by anyone on the server by typing "!settings". If you don't have hub installed then selecting Back will go to your other ClientPrefs settings, which include "Player Trails". If you have hub installed then selecting Back will go to the Hub menu.

There are no trails included with this plugin. However, looking in my game's local directory for sprites, I see a lot of trails.

tumtum 08-31-2012 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by databomb (Post 1769482)
There's no conflict; that menu can be accessed by anyone on the server by typing "!settings". If you don't have hub installed then selecting Back will go to your other ClientPrefs settings, which include "Player Trails". If you have hub installed then selecting Back will go to the Hub menu.

There are no trails included with this plugin. However, looking in my game's local directory for sprites, I see a lot of trails.

Can you make it cs:go compatible?
If it is possible with some example trails? i like that very much!

Thanks.