AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Are TF2 cameras/monitors really impossible? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96193)

UMTeleporter 07-01-2009 19:50

Are TF2 cameras/monitors really impossible?

I know that info_camera_link doesn't work in TF2..

as well as many other methods to create things like live monitors of other rooms, etc. I've tried lots of ways for awhile.

Is there any other way that might work? Maybe an extension, or is it a client limitation?

Danger Mode 09-12-2015 07:34

Re: Are TF2 cameras/monitors really impossible?

From doing some research into these entities, the info_observer_point and the Func_monitor and texture dev/monitor are all required to make a projection and camera work in a HL2 game.

From the info I've read in the developer community.
Hypothetically there's nothing to say TF2 doesn't support the info_observer_point. according to the index, the Func_monitor is the unsupported entity and from my theory it is only incompatible due to TF2 engine being multi play platform.

Sorry to Necro this old thread, but i have a theory we could patch this with a new entity, mirror image entities exist so why not projection

Myself and a colleague will look into this further.

Powerlord 09-12-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger Mode (Post 2342192)
From doing some research into these entities, the info_observer_point and the Func_monitor and texture dev/monitor are all required to make a projection and camera work in a HL2 game.

From the info I've read in the developer community.
Hypothetically there's nothing to say TF2 doesn't support the info_observer_point. according to the index, the Func_monitor is the unsupported entity and from my theory it is only incompatible due to TF2 engine being multi play platform.

Sorry to Necro this old thread, but i have a theory we could patch this with a new entity, mirror image entities exist so why not projection

Myself and a colleague will look into this further.

TF2 supports info_observer_point. In fact, the server will crash if everyone on both teams is dead at the same time and no info_observer_points are present in the map.

This plugin exists to fix that.

info_observer_point is used by the spectator system.

friagram 09-14-2015 01:00

you can use them, and even force the client to look through cameras while they are alive, but it can cause many bugs, as it, places them in ref and such.

you can also set their observer mode to force them to spectators an object, but strange things can happen, as they usually physically teleport to that object.

keyboard1333 09-14-2015 05:29

Any examples of code to do what you talked about friagram? (Or plugins, etc.)

Chdata 09-15-2015 08:49

set the client's view entity

FlaminSarge 12-03-2022 08:56

As of Dec 1, 2022, func_monitor is now supported in TF2.