AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Question] queue waiting list (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331431)

Whoisnext 03-20-2021 20:12

[Question] queue waiting list

Hi, is there a plugin like on Minecraft has queue to join, you have to wait for the person before you i have a link how that looks like but i don't know if this site allows 3th party pages/links.

-Or it can be done somehow with B flag but to not have reserved slot becuse its 10 slot server (mix) help me please

-Queue is a queue plugin that will prevent players from spam-joining a server, or will queue players when the server is full/restarting

fysiks 03-21-2021 01:46

Re: [Question] queue waiting list

A plugin for the server is only able to act upon clients/players that are connected to the server. It cannot do anything or know anything about players that are not yet in the server.

I think that the best you could do is to kick players when the join the server depending on some sort of criteria.

I don't know anything about Minecraft so I'm not entirely sure how it works but I expect that that feature is built into the the client side of the game already.

Whoisnext 03-21-2021 09:36

Is it possible to do it with 'Flag B (slot)' but to not have reserved slots on server do you think first will join the ones with slots or it won't matter?

OciXCrom 03-21-2021 09:44

He already explained to you that the plugin can't do anything before the player is connected.
The player can't connect unless there is a free slot.
There can't be a free slot if it's not reserved.

Whoisnext 03-21-2021 10:07

Lets say it this way, if its reserved and there is no one with slot flag can regular players still connect ? My point is that server is 10 slots (5v5 gameplay) and i want to make reserved slot but also to be able regular players to connect if there is no one waiting with Slot flag.
-if its 9/10 and there is 2 players waiting First to check or allow the slot one to join and if there is not a slot flag waiting to allow the regular player still to join on the last server slot
Can this be somehow done?

fysiks 03-21-2021 14:57

If the server is at 9/10 players, there aren't any players "waiting". If I click to join, I will join the server regardless of what flag I have.

Probably the best you could do is to kick all non-registered players until some other criteria is met (even a manual command to let anyone join) at which point you would let anyone join. Basically, it will be 10 reserved slots until you decide to turn off reservations.

Whoisnext 03-21-2021 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2741205)
If the server is at 9/10 players, there aren't any players "waiting". If I click to join, I will join the server regardless of what flag I have.

Probably the best you could do is to kick all non-registered players until some other criteria is met (even a manual command to let anyone join) at which point you would let anyone join. Basically, it will be 10 reserved slots until you decide to turn off reservations.

My bad i mean 10/10 Sorry ,Is it gonna allow first to join the one with Priority(slot flag) , even tho there are players waiting without priorities (slot flag) is it possible

fysiks 03-22-2021 01:44

If the server is 10/10 then nobody can join. It's not possible to know if anyone is waiting to connect.

Whoisnext 03-22-2021 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2741252)
If the server is 10/10 then nobody can join. It's not possible to know if anyone is waiting to connect.

Okay Thanks i will try it anyway

DJEarthQuake 03-22-2021 10:06

Source does that. It makes a box to automatically connect when somebody leaves a full server. That is a client-side feat. You could trying asking Valve!