AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   New Plugin Submissions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reports System v3.1 [UPDATED 07/21/2019] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310814)

edon1337 09-21-2018 13:58

Reports System v3.1 [UPDATED 07/21/2019]

2 Attachment(s)
Description:
- This plugin helps server owners read their customer's suggestions/requests/warnings. Instead of waiting for a high-ranked admin to be online, you can simply write him a letter, in an indirect and private way, which will later be displayed to him. All messages are saved in an external file, so even after a mapchange, your message won't be lost.

https://i.imgur.com/z5aZv8b.png
https://i.imgur.com/jnePB83.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/fLOqWQl.png

Requirements:
Unix Time
CromChat

Commands:
say /report or /ticket or /contact - Opens menu to start a new message
say /view or /tickets - Restricted access command to view messages
say /archive or /archived - Opens menu which contains all archived (deleted) messages.

ChangeLogs:
Spoiler

DJEarthQuake 09-22-2018 11:39

Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool]

Neat. All this time I have been using queries to find sv_admin and send them an e-mail. This reminds me of an old admin mod plugin where we could do exactly the same thing. I noticed your knife/money plugin. You seem like the right man for the job to remake the wire transfer bank plug. Those were peak times for our favorite engine. Not many people play CS 1.6 but when they do they drink lots of beer like Dos Equis.

edon1337 09-22-2018 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake (Post 2616315)
Neat. All this time I have been using queries to find sv_admin and send them an e-mail. This reminds me of an old admin mod plugin where we could do exactly the same thing. I noticed your knife/money plugin. You seem like the right man for the job to remake the wire transfer bank plug. Those were peak times for our favorite engine. Not many people play CS 1.6 but when they do they drink lots of beer like Dos Equis.

Thanks for the nice words!

The difference is, with this plugin, every person with the defined admin access can view the messages, meanwhile if you're sending a message to a specific e-mail, only the e-mail owner will be able to see it.

Could you PM me more information about this 'wire transfer bank plugin'?

DJEarthQuake 09-22-2018 14:15

I think the title states the concept! ;)

Thanks for PM. I figured you had the stocks. So instead of money with this bank it is messages to certain access level(s)? Elegant.

Natsheh 09-22-2018 19:13

Honestly its kinda useless unless you make it with mysql feature which can send an email or a private message to the owner/s but you need also a php script

DJEarthQuake 09-22-2018 23:47

Good point. We've already talked about that over PM earlier today. You know what they say about great minds? We will see if he digs it. I especially like the resulting script's simplicity from reusing what is out there. nVault. Per Sticky: New Cleanup Policy Hawk552 on what is approved. If anybody wants to test and endorse it?

edon1337 09-23-2018 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsheh (Post 2616376)
Honestly its kinda useless unless you make it with mysql feature which can send an email or a private message to the owner/s but you need also a php script

This is a simple AMXX plugin without including any extra programming languages, I don't know MySQL/PHP so I'm not going to bother with that.

HamletEagle 09-23-2018 04:16

At a quick look:

PHP Code:

if ( g_iVaultHandle == INVALID_HANDLE )
set_fail_state"Error opening nVault" ); 

PHP Code:

if( ~ get_user_flagsid ) & FLAG_VIEW )
return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

You already know. Be consistent with { }.

PHP Code:

public plugin_end( )
{
nvault_closeg_iVaultHandle );

Indent.

PHP Code:

menu_setpropiMenuMPROP_EXITMEXIT_ALL ); 

This is applied automatically. It's not wrong to explicit it tho.

In MessageStart szArgs and szName are useless. Retrieve the information directly into eData[ Message_Text ] and eData[ Message_Sender ].

szMessageCount[ 2 ] szMsgId[2] buffers should be increased, you could have 50/100/1000 messages.

Possible features to add:
-ability for admins to remove a message once they read it
-ability for the sender to see when an admin opened and read his message. Maybe a chat message when he connects/when the message is read if he is connected.

edon1337 09-23-2018 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2616413)
At a quick look:
PHP Code:

if ( g_iVaultHandle == INVALID_HANDLE )
set_fail_state"Error opening nVault" ); 

PHP Code:

if( ~ get_user_flagsid ) & FLAG_VIEW )
return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

You already know. Be consistent with { }.

PHP Code:

public plugin_end( )
{
nvault_closeg_iVaultHandle );

Indent.

PHP Code:

menu_setpropiMenuMPROP_EXITMEXIT_ALL ); 

This is applied automatically. It's not wrong to explicit it tho.

In MessageStart szArgs and szName are useless. Retrieve the information directly into eData[ Message_Text ] and eData[ Message_Sender ].

szMessageCount[ 2 ] szMsgId[2] buffers should be increased, you could have 50/100/1000 messages.

Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2616413)
Possible features to add:
-ability for admins to remove a message once they read it
-ability for the sender to see when an admin opened and read his message. Maybe a chat message when he connects/when the message is read if he is connected.

For sure I'm going to add new features, these are just the early versions, I'll add new features when I have time, such as ML Support, Option to save in nVault or .txt file, option to change MOTD style etc..

HamletEagle 09-23-2018 06:07

Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1

There's no point in an option to either save in nvault or a text file. Just stick to one, for the end user it's the same thing.

I want to see more features added before I make a decision on this plugin, because right now it's kinda simple.