AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=231891)

Dr. McKay 12-22-2013 01:05

[TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO

[TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO

v1.0.2

Description:
Nerfs the not-as-hilariously-overpowered-anymore Short Circuit by increasing metal cost and increasing delay between blasts.

Cvars:
  • short_circuit_nerf_version - plugin version
  • short_circuit_nerf_auto_update - enables automatic updating (has no effect if Updater is not installed)
  • short_circuit_nerf_delay_seconds - seconds between blasts of the Short Circuit, the game default appears to be around 0.15 (default 0.8)
  • short_circuit_nerf_metal_cost - metal cost per blast, the game default is 5 (default 20)

Installation:
Put short_circuit_nerf.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load short_circuit_nerf" into your console or rcon.

Auto Update:
Install Updater. The plugin will be auto-updated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.

Changelog:
  • v1.0.0 (12/22/13)
    • Initial release

Download Plugin (short_circuit_nerf.smx)
View Source (short_circuit_nerf.sp)

Requires updater.inc and mckayupdater.sp to compile.

XiaoXiaoMan 12-22-2013 15:01

Re: [TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 2074854)
(default 0.8)

Derp.

On topic: Well that didn't take long. Hopefully Valve will ship out an official patch to nerf it soon. Because this is just ridiculous.

Mitchell 12-22-2013 15:08

Sounds like they accidentally set it too fast, because it doesnt sound good, like it spams the shooting sound.

Chdata 12-22-2013 15:24

Does it use 2x metal if you miss? If not, I'd like that added.

Dr. McKay 12-22-2013 16:08

Re: Re: [TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chdata (Post 2075141)
Does it use 2x metal if you miss? If not, I'd like that added.

There's no real way to detect when you miss. I had to do something hacky to even detect when you fire.

Chdata 12-22-2013 16:55

You could use CalcAttackIsCritical to detect when you fire, and ontakedamage for the hit.

Actually I forgot about projectiles so nvm.

Dr. McKay 12-22-2013 17:00

Re: Re: [TF2] Nerf Short Circuit NAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chdata (Post 2075179)
You could use CalcAttackIsCritical to detect when you fire, and ontakedamage for the hit.

Actually I forgot about projectiles so nvm.

The Short Circuit doesn't roll for random crits.

Fearts 12-22-2013 17:33

Thanks for this. I notice sometimes even with reduced speed it still fires two quick shots using up 40 metal instantly.

Fearts 12-22-2013 18:03

Also it would be nice if you added two metal consume options. One for if the shot hits something (projectile or player) and one for if the attack misses.

Before the weapon used to do -18 metal if it destroyed a projectile or hit a player, and -36 metal if attack missed.

Dr. McKay 12-22-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearts (Post 2075202)
Also it would be nice if you added two metal consume options. One for if the shot hits something (projectile or player) and one for if the attack misses.

Before the weapon used to do -18 metal if it destroyed a projectile or hit a player, and -36 metal if attack missed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 2075157)
There's no real way to detect when you miss. I had to do something hacky to even detect when you fire.