AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CSS&TF2] Red Rover 1.1.1 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=118624)

Greyscale 02-12-2010 22:21

[CSS&TF2] Red Rover 1.1.1

Red Rover

Current Stable Version: 1.1.1

Description
Instead of dying, players are "crossed over" to the opposing team. The goal is to get all players on one team.

Requirement(s)
Missing Features
Here is a list of issues to be solved:
  • Difficult to tell what team you are on if you are crossed over several times in a short period of time. The red and blue screen fades blend together creating a mix between the two. Need better/additional ways to make your current team more clear.
  • Objectives. Instead of team objectives, each player will be given a specific objective. The only objective I can think of as of now is "Finish the round as a T/CT." I need more! And also awards for completing your objective. This will give the game more purpose.
  • I'll add to this list as I remember/think of other things. I know there are many more features that are needed.

Commands
  • rr - Looks very similar to the 'sm' command except this deals with this plugin and it's modules specifically. Can only be used through rcon.
  • rr_reload_translations -Reloads all translations files from sourcemod/translations/redrover/
Configs

cfg/sourcemod/plugin.redrover.cfg

CS:S
Code:

// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.3.8)
// ConVars for plugin "redrover.smx"

// How long the team-colored fade when your team is switched will last.  Treat it as miliseconds.
// -// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.3.8)

// How long the team-colored fade when your team is switched will last.  Treat it as miliseconds.
// -
// Default: "300"
rr_fade_duration "300"

// -
// Default: "500"
rr_fade_time "500"

// Respawns the player when crossing over.
// -
// Default: "0"
rr_respawn "0"

// Teleports player back to where they were killed, after being respawned.
// -
rr_respawn_tele "0"

// Spawns players that are joining a new team immediately.
// -
// Default: "1"
rr_spawn_on_join "1"

// The time between choosing a team and spawning into the game.  Gives the player time to choose a class. [Dependency: rr_spawn_on_join]
// -
// Default: "5"
rr_spawn_on_join_grace "5"

// Removes all objectives from the map.
// -
rr_strip_objectives "1"

TF2

Code:

// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.3.9-dev)

// Enable FF at the end of the round.  Will be reset back to its previous value when the next round starts.
// -
rr_endround_ff "1"

// -
// Default: "300"
rr_fade_duration "300"

// -
// Default: "500"
rr_fade_time "500"

// Instant respawn when crossed over to a new team, otherwise the game will respawn them like normal.
// -
rr_respawn "0"

// Teleports player back to where they were killed, after being respawned.
// -
rr_respawn_tele "0"

// *Doesn't do anything right now* Removes all objectives from the map.
// -
rr_strip_objectives "0"

Notes
  • Bots become very confused when you start switching up their team mid-round. To fix this enable the respawn cvars in plugin.redrover.cfg.

Credits
  • ciso313 - For the inspiration to finally get this project off the ground.

Google Project
http://code.google.com/p/redroversource/

Source
http://code.google.com/p/redroversou...redrover-1-2-0

Download

CS:S
http://redroversource.googlecode.com...-1.1.1-r14.zip

TF2
http://redroversource.googlecode.com...-1.1.1-r14.zip

Release Notes
Code:

// --------------------------------
// Red Rover v1.1.1 by Greyscale
// Release Notes

February 17th 2010 (v1.1.0)

- Changed defaults of the fade durations to be quicker.
- Added support for TF2.
  Notes: Gamedata file is not required for TF2, but CS:S requires one.
        Respawn is required in TF2 (so the cvar to control it in CS:S won't exist in TF2)
- Added a cvar to spawn players into the game when joining a team, in CS:S there is a cvar to set how long to wait after choosing team,
  in TF2 the player will spawn upon choosing a class.
- Updated the project base (includes multi-game support, better event control, other minor improvements)
- Removed option to do bot only respawning/teleportation.

February 18th 2010 (v1.1.0 patch 1)

- Fixed TF2 gameplay.
- Fixed several exploits in TF2 to respawn quicker.
- Added rr_respawn cvar to control insta-respawn in TF2.
- Players can not longer switch teams on their own in either game.

July 13th 2011 (v1.1.1)

- Fixed some stuff that broke in CS:S.
- Fixed pl_ maps not ending properly in TF2.
- Various other fixes, no additions.

lindo81 02-13-2010 00:22

Re: [CSS] Red Rover

I like the plugin :) I will give idea for the teams ... Will be very easy to know what team you are in if you are able to stick a star somewhere on the screen red for T and blue for CT so it will change colours imediatelly you switch teams and always stay on screen ... top or bottom corners .... :wink: I do not know if you are able to do that with SM though :wink:

Edit :

Or Red and Blue Hand GLOVES (nice models that someone can do)

Greyscale 02-13-2010 02:27

It's hardly possible to change the client view model (it looks really bad) let alone changing the hand model.

But the star is actually a good idea. My photoshop skills should suffice in making a star.

I'll definitely try some overlays as an indicator. Although I might try to make something more noticeable than a star in the corner.

ciso313 02-13-2010 17:41

i get an error i can't deal with...

L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Fatal error encountered parsing translation file "projectbase.phrases.txt"
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Error (line 0, column 0): Stream failed to open
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Fatal error encountered parsing translation file "basecmd.phrases.txt"
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Error (line 0, column 0): Stream failed to open
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Signature "CGameRules::TerminateRound" was not found.
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "redrover.smx":
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] [0] Line 109, src\redrover/gamedata.inc::GameData_OnPluginStart()
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] [1] Line 45, src\redrover/project.inc::ForwardOnPluginStart()
L 02/13/2010 - 22:18:44: [SM] [2] Line 114, src\redrover.sp::OnPluginStart()

i did everything like the other plugins.
sdk hooks is working

Greyscale 02-13-2010 18:15

Ah, I forgot to upload a file.

But looks like you are missing the translations files as well. Those are in the package. Re-download it and the missing file will be there.

ciso313 02-13-2010 18:20

it's the package^^
i try it again xD

Greyscale 02-13-2010 18:25

Make sure your downloading r4. You might have beat me to it.

ciso313 02-13-2010 19:22

now it works perfectly ... the error log has disappeared ;)
really n1 plugin

***edit***
then is only a little problem with server-side-models. when you die you only get one of the standard models instead of the custom models. can you help again?
I'm using the sm_skinchoser plugin

Greyscale 02-14-2010 03:24

Ah, I see. I'll just record the client's model that they have on spawn, and set it to that.

cybersquare420 02-14-2010 10:13

sry for being a little redundant... i posted on the other thread before i found this one!! great idea for a plugin!! any chance of a tf2 port for this?...
i would definitely run it on a server!! ive been looking for something to switch things up on one of them, and this would work nicely!!