AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad Camper 1.4.239 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=18452)

Madness 12-26-2005 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
Hmm... Is this because when you restart the round, the "round_end" event is never triggered?
If you answer this, I'll do my best to get the fix in for the next release.

Now that we are over our misunderstanding:
1) Would you like me to remove the post with the .sma?
2) Let me check that straight away.

[/rhymes]

I am currently running my server, if you would like to see what happens then you are invited.
And yes, it is indeed because the round_end is never triggered, the plugin skips that part, it does not interpret a restartround as a new round (the end of a previous round), and therefore the "activation" so to speak happens with multiple instances, like running the camp meter multiple times. =/

Brad 12-26-2005 21:55

Thank you for checking on that. As you might imagine, I've never restarted a round so that bug eluded me. Thank you for finding it and bringing it to my attention.

Don't bother doing anything with your earlier post. It should sit there so people can see what you did and then how I overreacted.

As soon as I sort out what's going on with JSauce's installation of the plugin, I'll release a new version with any known issues taken care of.

jsauce 12-26-2005 21:55

Yeah I'm running cstrike, the server is linux. And I tried it with both sounds, then each one. If you tried to connect it just closes on verifying resources. I figured it was probably in the precache so I just went in and removed all references to the sounds as I said and it fixed the problem. I don't know what the problem is because i have other plugins that precache and they work fine, I have seen it once before with some maps that are missing files or the client versions differ from the server versions.

Brad 12-26-2005 22:00

If there are any other Linux people running this plugin, I'd appreciate it if you'd try the snore and/or heartbeat sounds and let me know if you experience the same as JSauce. Letting me know by PM would be appropriate so this thread isn't cluttered with a bunch of "same problem" or "no problem" posts.

JSauce: I'm not sure when plugin_precache is called in related to plugin_init but I'm assuming after. Therefore, it'll take a couple of map changes before any change to badcamper_sound actually takes affect. If you haven't could you use a non-mutilated copy of this plugin and set badcamper_sound to 2 and then reset the map twice to see if the problem still occurs after that?

redParadise 12-28-2005 09:11

Hi,

I have an CS 1.6 Linux Gameserver with AMXX 1.0 This nice Plugin don't load. :-( Is it compile with Amxx 1.60? How can i compile it with amxx 1.0? Second question is, where can i get the heartbeat and snore sound files? Sorry for my bad english :wink:

Brad 12-28-2005 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by redParadise
I have an CS 1.6 Linux Gameserver with AMXX 1.0 This nice Plugin don't load. :-(

I can't guarantee this plugin (or any of my plugins) will run on an earlier version of AMXX than the most current. Having said that, what does your most recent log file say in regards to this plugin? It should give you a little more information that tells you why it's failing to load.

Quote:

Is it compile with Amxx 1.60? How can i compile it with amxx 1.0?

If you use the "Get Plugin" link or compile it using the web compiler, it will always compile using the latest version of AMXX which is currently 1.60.

If you want to compile it for a previous version, you'll have to do on your own computer. See here for how.

Quote:

Second question is, where can i get the heartbeat and snore sound files? Sorry for my bad english :wink:

The "heartbeat" sound comes with your default HLDS installation and isn't something that you need to worry about. The "snore" sound, I need to provide. Thanks for alerting me to the fact that I haven't attached it to the initial post. I will do so shortly. Thanks again.

redParadise 12-28-2005 21:28

Quote:

what does your most recent log file say in regards to this plugin? It should give you a little more information that tells you why it's failing to load.

It says:

L 12/29/2005 - 02:15:18: [AMXX] Invalid Plugin (plugin "bad_camper.amxx")

Quote:

If you want to compile it for a previous version, you'll have to do on your own computer. See here for how.

Sorry, I have try it for 2 hours, but i don't understand how it works. I thinks it's to complicate for me. But when here anybody is, who can compile this nice plugin in amxx 1.0, then please send it to my email-adress. That would be nice. Thank you

KillerJoe 12-30-2005 21:34

Its easier to have setup.exe with this there are so many things to do and i maybe just lose everything on my server if i try to setup this :D

jsauce 12-31-2005 11:30

Yeah sorry Brad I actually had to stop using it altogether. For some reason it was causing crashing all over the place whenever players were idle. Literally it would crash from 30 seconds to 10 minutes and more. When I dumped the core errors that I kept seeing were bad_alloc but I don't really know how to read those core dumps anyway. I'm sure its a good plugin, it just doesn't agree with my server I guess. As soon as I removed it no more crashing.

Brad 12-31-2005 13:06

How very odd. That's one reason why I prefer running things on Windows rather than Linux... Less "WTF?" problems.

If you ever move to a different host, I wouldn't mind if you came back into the fold. :)

Guenhwyvar 12-31-2005 13:33

Great work, Brad, the new 1.1 is working well on my server (I had problems with 1.0 - last man camping didnt work).

I have players reporting sometimes attacks from monstermod-monsters, originally bugging another player. No errors in the logs. But this is not really disturbing.

EDIT:
Is it possible to change the monsters, using more functions of the monstermod?

Brad 12-31-2005 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl2003
I have players reporting sometimes attacks from monstermod-monsters, originally bugging another player. No errors in the logs. But this is not really disturbing.

The snarks will NOT go after other players. However, if a player happens to run into a snark, or is nearby when it explodes, they will be damaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl2003
Is it possible to change the monsters, using more functions of the monstermod?

It's possible but I'm not going to support it.

jsauce 12-31-2005 14:34

Quote:

How very odd. That's one reason why I prefer running things on Windows rather than Linux... Less "WTF?" problems.

If you ever move to a different host, I wouldn't mind if you came back into the fold. :)

See I'm a huge fan of linux use over windows, but I agree in some cases like running an hlds server its way easier to debug problems when its windows than when its linux. I think the debug logging for the hlds binary in linux is terrible it only dumps memory locations but with no real info. The backtrace provides little info unless I guess you know what you're looking for. It kind of ticks me off too because everyone liked the plugin until it started whacking out on me. I think it started to go bad when I tried to enable the monster mod dll. Even though I had gcc 3 which it was compiled on I didnt have libstdc++.so3 but rather 5 and 6, so I had to symlink just to get it working. But then it only started crashing, I turned off the monster feature but then it just continued to crash and crash.

Brad 12-31-2005 14:37

Don't your AMXX logs give you an error? Have you tried running it in debug mode?

jsauce 12-31-2005 15:14

no errors just crash

Brad 12-31-2005 16:45

Have you asked your hosting company, after the server crashes, to tell you if they can see what's wrong? They could have a little bit more information.

jsauce 12-31-2005 17:09

Nah we host it on our own box on theplanet. Nah i debugged it like a dozen times. Its cool.

Can i ask you something I noticed you have for an avatar it looks like picture of myabe your daughter. What I want to know is how do you have it change like that all time. I cant imagine you are manually changing it but everytime it seems likes it changes.

Curryking 01-02-2006 03:28

Finally I want to switch to your plugin, but the snarkpunishment won't work.
If I try using your posted monstermod-files (due to the filesize it seems to be different ones than I have) I get "badfunction" on loading and when I use the monstermodversion (v3.00.00) I used before (which does work, because the anticamping_monster.amxx I used before is running with snarks) bad_camper doesn't react.
When I choose "badcamper_punish 36" (sound + snarks) the campmeter arises and at 100% nothing further happen - no snarks ;-) and when I just define the snarkpunishment (badcamper_punish 32), even the campmeter doesn't come up.

AMXMODX v1.60, MetaMod v1.18p26, Monstermod v3.00.00 and bad_camper v1.1 are running without error-messages.

Here are my BC-settings

// **** Bad Camper ****
badcamper_punish 36
badcamper_sound 2
badcamper_money 10
badcamper_limit 30
badcamper_display 10
badcamper_check_all 0
badcamper_immunity 0
badcamper_start 5
badcamper_damage_reset 5
badcamper_damage_restart 10
badcamper_health 10
badcamper_allow 0
badcamper_min_players 0
badcamper_announce 3

Any idea? :(

Cheers,
Curry

Brad 01-02-2006 09:44

The version of MonsterMod (3.01.04) attached to the first post in this thread is an update to Botman's original MonsterMod (3.0) by Bugblatter. The attached plugin uses two commands that were implemented by Bugblatter (thus, they don't exist in 3.0) to perform it's duties. What I'm saying is, you need to use the version in this thread.

Where and when do you get the "badfunction" error? Does it prevent MonsterMod from loading? Is your server on Linux or Windows?

redParadise 01-02-2006 12:11

The Snore Sound won't work. :cry:
I've download the snore.wav and put it in my /gamemod/sounds/misc folder. But when the campmeter reached 100% there is no sound.
In my amxx.cfg badcamper_punish is 12 and badcamper_sound is 1

The Heartbeat Sound works perfectly.

Brad 01-02-2006 12:29

You don't literally mean /gamemod/sounds/misc, do you? It should be, if you play CS 1.6 for instance, /cstrike/sounds/misc.

redParadise 01-02-2006 12:49

I have an CS 1.6 Linux server. The snore.wav is in the "/cstrike/sound/misc" folder.

Curryking 01-02-2006 13:04

The Server is running SuSE Linux 10.0 and the "badfunktion" error is displayed when I type "meta list" into the console.

I found this on the bugblatter-page, I guess you have this version from there...

Quote:

Using the Monster library on Linux

The monster_mm.i386.so file is compiled with GCC version 3. Therefore you will need have version 3 of libstdc++ on your linux machine to load the monster plugin. Check your log file at the point Metamod loads for messages about this library being missing. You can also type "meta list" in the server console. If the status of the monster plugin is "badf" this is probably the cause.

If you do not have this file, you can download it from the GCC site. I used version 3.0.4 although newer versions should work. Alternatively you can download the source and compile it yourself on GCC version 2.9x.
Could it be a problem that my system is running on SuSE 10.0 with libstdc++ v4.0.2_20050901-3? Unfortunatly I have no knowledge of this compiling stuff so I can't try it myself...

Cheers,
Curry

Brad 01-02-2006 13:24

@redParadise:

Do these three things:
  1. Go on your server, camp until 100% with the snore punishment on. Then look at your most recent AMXX log and see if there are any errors reported. If there are, please copy and paste them here.
  2. Check the value of sv_allowdownload on the server. It should be set to 1. It's defined in server.cfg.
  3. Ensure cl_allowdownload "1" is in YOUR config.cfg file located within YOUR gamemod (i.e. cstrike) directory.

jsauce 01-02-2006 13:33

CurryKing you could try like I did creating a symlink to the other library file and hope it works, in my case it wasn't really working for me already so I didn't see it improve anything but it might work for you.

Brad 01-02-2006 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryking
Could it be a problem that my system is running on SuSE 10.0 with libstdc++ v4.0.2_20050901-3?

Entirely possible. I know very little about Linux and certainly nothing about compiling for Linux, so I can't help you out there either.

Tell you what, how about if I add an option that essentially allows you to use the 3.0 version of MonsterMod? You would lose the following two features:
  1. Snarks only target the camping player. They won't purposely attack anyone else.
  2. If any Snarks are alive at the end of the round, they will all be slain.
You'd have, instead of the previous features, the following:
  1. Snarks will spawn near the camping player and will most likely direct their initial attack towards that player. They will also attack any other players standing nearby.
  2. If any Snarks are alive at the end of the round, they will continue living into the next round until such time that they've died of natural causes or have been killed by a player.
What are your thoughts about this?

redParadise 01-02-2006 18:43

Quote:

@redParadise:

Do these three things:
  1. Go on your server, camp until 100% with the snore punishment on. Then look at your most recent AMXX log and see if there are any errors reported. If there are, please copy and paste them here.
  2. Check the value of sv_allowdownload on the server. It should be set to 1. It's defined in server.cfg.
  3. Ensure cl_allowdownload "1" is in YOUR config.cfg file located within YOUR gamemod (i.e. cstrike) directory.

Thank you, now ist works :D

Brad 01-02-2006 19:02

What did you change to make it work?

Curryking 01-03-2006 04:13

Quote:

What are your thoughts about this?

Sounds great Brad, this would mean I had the same "monster-punishment" I actually have (unfortunatly I know about the snark behaviour and their attacks of "innocent" gamers), but additive I will get all the other great functions your plugin offers - I think I can live with that ;-)

And many thanks for the work I foist on you :oops:

Cheers,
Curry

Although I will try to get 3.01.04 running...

redParadise 01-05-2006 07:32

Quote:

What did you change to make it work?

sv_allowdownload 1

Guenhwyvar 01-05-2006 11:05

I switched to a Linux server and now get the same error like Curryking. Like him, I would be really thankfull, for a solution which brings monstermod+badcamper under linux to work!

redParadise 01-05-2006 17:38

Hi Brad, when you update your BC Plugin, can you add something into the Black Screen when someone is blind, that say for example: "please move" or something? Many camping people don't know what they must do when camp-meter reached 100% and the black screen appear.

Curryking 01-06-2006 21:07

New suggestion: What's about the option to change the name of the player when the Campmeter reach 100% to camper#1, camper#2 etc. Like chickenmod or the jail-function of ATAC (inmate#1, inmate#2) does?

Curry

Brad 01-06-2006 22:18

Quote:

New suggestion: What's about the option to change the name of the player when the Campmeter reach 100% to camper#1, camper#2 etc.

What would be the purpose of this?

Curryking 01-07-2006 20:31

Because of the deterrent effect and that the people clearly see why they are getting blind, attacked by monsters, slapped etc.
I think changing a players name could be a very successfull educational action. ;-) Nobody feels comfortable when he's called a "Camper".

Cheers,
Curry

Brad 01-08-2006 00:15

I'll consider this for the next version.

Phobos 01-08-2006 11:08

Quote:

Because of the deterrent effect and that the people clearly see why they are getting blind, attacked by monsters, slapped etc.
I think changing a players name could be a very successfull educational action. ;-) Nobody feels comfortable when he's called a "Camper".

Cheers,
Curry

Or a Hud-message e.g.
Code:

You are blinded/slayed/... for camping
because there are many players, which dont know what is happend when they are died.

caeyers 01-15-2006 10:21

I tried to instal the bad camper thing

i put these things in

Czero/amx./.../ Configs/ Plug ins / Bad_camper.amxx
Czero/amx./.../ Configs/ Data/ Lang / Bad_camper.Txt
Czero/Sound/music /Snore
Czero/Addons/Monster

and I put the thing in my Plugin.ini in my MetaMod !

now it wont work

plugin.ini =

; AMX Mod X plugins

; Admin Base - Always one has to be activated
admin.amxx ; admin base (required for any admin-related)
;admin_sql.amxx ; admin base - SQL version (comment admin.amxx)

; Basic
admincmd.amxx ; basic admin console commands
adminhelp.amxx ; help command for admin console commands
adminslots.amxx ; slot reservation
multilingual.amxx ; Multi-Lingual management

; Menus
menufront.amxx ; front-end for admin menus
cmdmenu.amxx ; command menu (speech, settings)
plmenu.amxx ; players menu (kick, ban, client cmds.)
telemenu.amxx ; teleport menu (Fun Module required!)
mapsmenu.amxx ; maps menu (vote, changelevel)

; Chat / Messages
adminchat.amxx ; console chat commands
antiflood.amxx ; prevent clients from chat-flooding the server
scrollmsg.amxx ; displays a scrolling message
imessage.amxx ; displays information messages
adminvote.amxx ; vote commands

; Map related
nextmap.amxx ; displays next map in mapcycle
mapchooser.amxx ; allows to vote for next map
timeleft.amxx ; displays time left on map

; Configuration
pausecfg.amxx ; allows to pause and unpause some plugins
statscfg.amxx ; allows to manage stats plugins via menu and commands

; Counter-Strike
restmenu.amxx ; restrict weapons menu
statsx.amxx ; stats on death or round end (CSX Module required!)
miscstats.amxx ; bunch of events announcement for Counter-Strike
stats_logging.amxx ; weapons stats logging (CSX Module required!)

; Custom - Add 3rd party plugins here
warcraft3FT.amxx debug

modules.ini

; AMX Mod X Modules
; You can specify both linux & win32 modules here
; To enable a module, remove the semi-colon from the line

; ------------------------------
; Fun - provides extra functions
; ------------------------------
fun_amxx_i386.so
fun_amxx.dll
fun_amxx_amd64.so

; ----------------------------------------------------
; Engine - provides engine functions core to Half-Life
; ----------------------------------------------------
engine_amxx_i386.so
engine_amxx.dll
engine_amxx_amd64.so

; ----------------------------------------------------------
; Fakemeta - provides a massive interface into the HL engine
;fakemeta_amxx_i386.so
;fakemeta_amxx.dll
;fakemeta_amxx_amd64.so

; -------------------------------------------
; Database Access - only enable one of these
; -------------------------------------------
; MySQL
mysql_amxx_i386.so
mysql_amxx.dll
mysql_amxx_amd64.so
; PostgreSQL
;pgsql_amxx_i386.so
;pgsql_amxx.dll
; Microsoft SQL
;mssql_amxx.dll
; SQLite
;sqlite_amxx.dll
;sqlite_amxx_i386.so
;sqlite_amxx_amd64.so

; ---------------------------------------------
; GeoIP - determines the country of ip adresses
; ---------------------------------------------
;geoip_amxx_i386.so
;geoip_amxx.dll
;geoip_amxx_amd64.so

; --------------------------------
; Sockets - network socket support
; --------------------------------
;sockets_amxx_i386.so
;sockets_amxx.dll
;sockets_amxx_amd64.so

; --------------------------
; Regular Expression support
; --------------------------
;regex_amxx_i386.so
;regex_amxx.dll
;regex_amxx_amd64.so

; --------------------
; Binary Vault support
; --------------------
;nvault_amxx_i386.so
;nvault_amxx.dll
;nvault_amxx_amd64.so

; Counter-Strike - adds functions specific to Counter-Strike
cstrike_amxx_i386.so
cstrike_amxx.dll
cstrike_amxx_amd64.so

; -----------------------------------------------------
; CSX - adds functionality for CS statistics and events
; -----------------------------------------------------
csx_amxx_i386.so
csx_amxx.dll
csx_amxx_amd64.so

; --------------------------------------------------------------
; WAR3FT - adds functions used by war3ft - By Geesu (Pimp Daddy)
; --------------------------------------------------------------
war3ft_amxx_i386.so
war3ft_amxx.dll
war3ft_amxx_amd64.so

Brad 01-15-2006 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by caeyers
now it wont work

Don't tell us that it won't work. Tell is how it doesn't work. What are you expecting to happen that doesn't? Do you get any error messages?

caeyers 01-15-2006 12:20

i put the files like i said ( above )

and when i camp for like 40s or 1min. i hear no sound , i dont see any campmeter ...