AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad Camper 1.4.239 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=18452)

DaSilva 10-17-2005 05:22

thx, it works very well!

forbiddenct 10-31-2005 00:54

I should say Finally someone hav done it

-= Schmitt =- 11-02-2005 12:07

trouble loading this plugin

HI guys,
For some reason i cant get this plugin to load on my server. I just keep getting the error

unknown unknown unknown badcamper.amxx bad load

i am running czero on
amxmox 1.60, Metamodv1.18p26

Modules Running
AMXModX
HLGuard
Fun
Engine

I have other plugins running fine and i have tried recompiling the .amxx with the online compiler but still cant get it to load properly.

Any solutions out there ?

All on a linux dedicated server

Brad 11-02-2005 15:48

Re: trouble loading this plugin

Quote:

Originally Posted by -= Schmitt =-
unknown unknown unknown badcamper.amxx bad load

The filename is bad_camper.amxx. Note the underscore between "bad" and "camper".

-= Schmitt =- 11-02-2005 18:44

Thanks Brad

I have the underscore in place sorry for the confusion.

I've looked through the amx log and it looks like i have a problem with the fun module not kicking in properly.
Looking through hlsw it shows it running correctly but the log states that it cannot run the plugin as it needs the fun module and to check the module.ini which i have done to make sure that the fun_amxx_i386.so has the ; removed which it has.

Strange

Anyone had a similar problem ?

Thanks for your help so far

Brad 11-02-2005 23:54

I haven't heard of anyone having a similar problem with this plugin.

Do you have any other plugins running that use the fun module?

-= Schmitt =- 11-03-2005 10:14

I've found the problem. It was a bad fun_amxx_i386.so module . I've installed a new module and its all working.

What a great plugin.

Thanks Brad

If i want to change the defaults is it just a matter of editing the .sma file and recompiling ?

Brad 11-03-2005 10:57

Quote:

If i want to change the defaults is it just a matter of editing the .sma file and recompiling ?

No. Let me emphasize that again... No.

Now let me hedge that a bit... If you are referring to changing the values of the CVARS, then the answer is no. If you are referring to changing the compiler options, then the answer is yes.

I assume you're talking about the CVARs. I do not recommend EVER changing the value of a CVAR within a script itself. There are a variety of alternatives. What I do is add the CVARs to the bottom of my amxx.cfg file.

Quote:

What a great plugin.

Thank you! It's going to be even better within a couple of weeks.

theangel 11-17-2005 07:08

When I try this plugin, it doesn't load and I can find this in the log-file:

Invalid Plugin (plugin "bad_camper.amxx")

I tried to download the plugin directly and I tried to compile it by my self... all with the same error.

Mik3h 11-17-2005 07:42

Have you installed it correctly?

theangel 11-17-2005 08:52

There is nothing to install, just copy the amxx-file into the plugins-folder and insert the plugin in the plugin.ini ... that's what I did.

lantz69 11-17-2005 09:13

*Edited*
I had wrong info

Brad 11-17-2005 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by theangel
Invalid Plugin (plugin "bad_camper.amxx")

This is caused by an imcompatibility between versions of AMXX. In other words, you probably have a AMXX 1.01 server and are either explicitly or implicitly compiling the plugin with AMXX 1.60. You can either compile locally in 1.01 or upgrade your server to AMXX 1.60. I recommend upgrading the server.

theangel 11-18-2005 06:38

I've upgraded, thanks :)

Seehank 11-20-2005 09:06

TERs and BOMBS

Hi all!!!

I we just installed Bad Camper on my server and it is a great plugin!!! Love IT!!!

But I would have one question, maby it has been asked before... Anyway:

Is there a way how to make it TURN OFF for TERs when they plant a bomb? So they are able to protect the bomb... Is there a way to do this? Only TERs not CTs... :?:

Many thanx for the plugin...

Seehank

Brad 11-20-2005 13:24

The closest this plugin can come to your request is based on the following CVAR:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Options (CVARs)
badcamper_check_all <0|1>
Specifies whether only the team with the current primary objective should be checked for camping or if both teams should.
  • 0: only check the team with the current primary objective
    1: always check both teams
The default is 1.

The current primary objective is defined as follows:
  • if the map is not a "de" map, the CTs have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb hasn't been planted, the Ts have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb has been planted, the CTs have the primary objective

Set badcamper_check_all to 0 and the "primary objective" rules, as explained in the quote above, will be applied.

Seehank 11-20-2005 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
The closest this plugin can come to your request is based on the following CVAR:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Options (CVARs)
badcamper_check_all <0|1>
Specifies whether only the team with the current primary objective should be checked for camping or if both teams should.
  • 0: only check the team with the current primary objective
    1: always check both teams
The default is 1.

The current primary objective is defined as follows:
  • if the map is not a "de" map, the CTs have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb hasn't been planted, the Ts have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb has been planted, the CTs have the primary objective

Set badcamper_check_all to 0 and the "primary objective" rules, as explained in the quote above, will be applied.

OK I got that... can read :-) But the thing is if I also understand well.. So:

If I understand correctly, when map is de_ CTs are not checked till the bomb has been planted... Well and thats what I need... Would like tham both to be checked, BUT after bomb had been planted TERs will be allowed co camp...

In addition, when map is NOT de_ TERs can camp (no fun)...

So what I was asking for was badcamper_check_all 1 (check all) + little exception when the "bomb has been planted"

Thnx, Seehank

Brad 11-20-2005 14:02

There is no way to do the following:
  • CTs can never camp.
  • Ts can camp only after the bomb has been planted.
I will not add the functionality either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seehank
In addition, when map is NOT de_ TERs can camp (no fun)...

This could be overridden using a per map CFG file. See this how to for more information.

Seehank 11-20-2005 14:11

Quote:

There is no way to do the following:
  • CTs can never camp.
  • Ts can camp only after the bomb has been planted.
I will not add the functionality either.

Sad :-( Well OK, than .. not all can be superb :-) But I am looking forward to the new one anyway...

Btw. Why? Do you find it somehow, useless or unfair?

Brad 11-20-2005 14:17

I should have indicated why when I told you I wasn't going to implement it. Sorry about that.

The reason why I won't is because it would be unfair. If Ts are allowed to camp when the bomb has been set, then CTs surely need to be able to camp prior to that. The rationale being that if Ts can camp to guard the bomb, the CTs should be able to camp to guard the bomb site. They'd both be doing their objectives so they should be treated equally.

Seehank 11-20-2005 14:22

Quote:

I should have indicated why when I told you I wasn't going to implement it. Sorry about that.

The reason why I won't is because it would be unfair. If Ts are allowed to camp when the bomb has been set, then CTs surely need to be able to camp prior to that. The rationale being that if Ts can camp to guard the bomb, the CTs should be able to camp to guard the bomb site. They'd both be doing their objectives so they should be treated equally.

OK thnx for the explanation m8...

theangel 12-08-2005 06:38

When will be the next version of bad camper and what are the changes / new features?

Brad 12-08-2005 08:52

The next version of Bad Camper will be released sometime between today and oh let's say the end of next week, time permitting. It's undergoing final testing.

As an aside, I hope at least some people appreciate the fact that there are plugins that actually get tested for awhile before being released. Seems to be all to often the case that plugin authors rush their plugins "to market" without adequately testing them first or they get released with known bugs. :-|

Back to your question. Here is the change log for the next version of Bad Camper.

Code:

unreleased  1.1  - Added "Snark attack" punishment. Requires "Monster Mod" to be installed.
                        - Changed "Slap" punishment to increase in power as the meter gets higher.
                          Note that when slapped, the player may actually get slapped far enough
                          that it would lower the player's meter.
                        - Added "badcamper_money" CVAR to specify what percentage of money to take
                          away at 100% when using the "money reduction" punishment. Defaults to
                          10% as was the case before the option was introduced.
                        - Added "badcamper_damage_reset" CVAR flag that specifies the meter(s) to
                          reset when a player is attacked. Defaults to both attacker and defender
                          having their meter reset as was the case before the option was introduced.
                        - Replaced "snore" punishment with "sound" punishment. The type of sound can
                          be defined by a new CVAR, "badcamper_sound". There are two types of
                          sounds, "snore" (default value) and "heartbeat".
                        - Fixed bug where if a player's meter was 100% and the blind punishment was
                          being used, when the player attacked or was attacked by another, the blind
                          player would stay blind instead of regaining vision immediately.
                        - Added "badcamper list" command that lists available punishments and
                          indicates which are currently active (active as per the badcamper_punish CVAR).
                        - Added "badcamper_announce" CVAR flag to indicate how to announce that a player
                          is camping and then when the player stops camping. Will announce the
                          name of the camper at 90% and then again when the meter gets below 80%.
                          Options are to print as chat, as a HUD message, both, or neither.

Seehank 12-08-2005 11:17

thanx thanx thanx m8.. looking forward to the mod!!!

Brad 12-10-2005 23:47

New Version! I've just released the latest version.

[2005-12-10] v1.1
  • Added "Snark attack" punishment. Requires "Monster Mod" to be installed.
  • Changed "Slap" punishment to increase in power as the meter gets higher. Note that when slapped, the player may actually get slapped far enough that it would lower the player's meter.
  • Added "badcamper_money" CVAR to specify what percentage of money to take away at 100% when using the "money reduction" punishment. Defaults to 10% as was the case before the option was introduced.
  • Added "badcamper_damage_reset" CVAR flag that specifies the meter(s) to reset when a player is attacked. Defaults to both attacker and defender having their meter reset as was the case before the option was introduced.
  • Replaced "snore" punishment with "sound" punishment. The type of sound can be defined by a new CVAR, "badcamper_sound". There are two types of sounds, "snore" (default value) and "heartbeat".
  • Fixed bug where if a player's meter was 100% and the blind punishment was being used, when the player attacked or was attacked by another, the blind player would stay blind instead of regaining vision immediately.
  • Added "badcamper list" command that lists available punishments and indicates which are currently active (active as per the badcamper_punish CVAR).
  • Added "badcamper_announce" CVAR flag to indicate how to announce that a player is camping and then when the player stops camping. Will announce the name of the camper at 90% and then again when the meter gets below 80%. Options are to print as chat, as a HUD message, both, or neither.
  • Fixed bug where the CVAR 'badcamper_allow' had no effect, thus if set to a value higher than 0 a team would still never be allowed to camp.
Note, as of this release there is a language file that needs to be placed in the proper place.

eFrigid 12-10-2005 23:56

Good job :!:

Seehank 12-11-2005 09:43

Perfect job m8-... thnx much,,, Going to DL it right away...

Tinn^Soldat 12-11-2005 09:48

cool :D thats gonna be useful

Brad 12-11-2005 15:25

Thank you, to the three of you. I hope you find the new features (and fixes) worthwhile.

Curryking 12-12-2005 12:43

As always: Great job and thanks Brad! Saw you finally added the "Snark attack punishment" so I can and will switch to your Camper-Management ;-)

Cheers,
Curry

Brad 12-12-2005 12:50

Thank you for the kind words.

I think my implementation of the Snark Attack is different than the one you had pointed out to me. Hopefully you find it on par with, or better than, the other implementation.

Madness 12-25-2005 11:42

Hey, I found it agravating to not be able to turn the plugin completely off when an admin wanted to, so I added an

amx_camp <on|off>: Turn Camp Meter on or off.

Also, when you restartround the Camp Meter gets buggy, so with this you can restartround then turn it off and then back on to not make it messed up.
Just thought it might be helpful for some of you. :)

On a side note if someone could give me +1 karma so I'm at 1 or 0 it would be greatly appreciated and I would return the favor.

Brad 12-25-2005 13:51

Re: Bad Camper 1.1 [Released 2005DEC10]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness
Hey, I found it agravating to not be able to turn the plugin completely off when an admin wanted to

It probably would have been less aggravating had you actually read the descriptions of the CVARs.

Quote:

Options (CVARS)

badcamper_punish <iFlags>
Specifies how a player is to be punished when they camp too long. A value of 0 will disable this plugin.

The flags are additive.
  • 1: Slap
    2: Health Reduction
    4: Sound (set sound via badcamper_sound)
    8: Blind
    16: Money Reduction (requires CSTRIKE module)
    32: Snark Attack (requires Monster Mod)
The default is 12 (snore and blind).

On top of what I had in the plugin since the beginning, the AMXX pause command is available to temporarily stop ANY plugin.

Quote:

Also, when you restartround the Camp Meter gets buggy

It's common practice, especially when a plugin is ACTIVELY maintained, that you tell the author about any bugs and allow them to fix it and make said fix available in the official plugin. Having said that, can you tell me how it gets "buggy"?

Quote:

On a side note if someone could give me +1 karma so I'm at 1 or 0 it would be greatly appreciated and I would return the favor.

Perhaps if you actually did something useful.

Ghost of Infamous 12-25-2005 13:53

Brad`watching_Pistons has smoten you.

Sounds like you deserved it.

Madness 12-25-2005 15:54

Quote:

Stuff

That wasn't very nice.

I read all the cvars and I know what each of them do, that is why your plugin is outstanding.

1) However, the thing I changed was precisely so you don't need to do badcamper_punish and change the flags.

2) You can pause the plugin, but that will not stop the bug from happening.

3) This is not the forum for bugs, nevertheless, I will tell you what it is. When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less. With the small change I did, you can completely stop the plugin.

4) I really don't understand your anger/annoyance at me. I didn't ruin your plugin, I didn't take it as credit, and I certainly did not target you in anyway. I have been on these forums for quite a while, I know what pausing is, I know what the Cvars do. That is especially not grounds to remove further amounts of karma, especially since I gave you +1 earlier today. :/

5) Its the holidays, kindness all around.

Brad 12-25-2005 23:23

Quote:

3) This is not the forum for bugs

Au contraire! If there is a bug with a plugin, you are SUPPOSED to post in that plugin's thread.

Quote:

When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less.

Hmm... Is this because when you restart the round, the "round_end" event is never triggered?

Quote:

I really don't understand your anger/annoyance at me.

My annoyance is that you went ahead and posted a SMA with your changes without even trying to consult me first. It's, at the very least, common courtesy to contact the author of an actively maintained (hell, even inactively maintained) plugin if you have a problem with said plugin. I find what you did very disrespectful. That's why I'm annoyed.

Quote:

That is especially not grounds to remove further amounts of karma

I gave you negative karma soley because you were asking for karma. That's my standard operating procedure. Had nothing to do with anything else.

jsauce 12-26-2005 02:15

I found a small bug though I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I had to go in the sma and completely remove all references to the sound playing and the precaching of the sounds because aupon verifying resources steam would just close. Everytime every person who was trying to connect. Now like I said I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but it was annoying enough to have to remove all the sounds references. After doing this everything works now I just don't get to use heartbeat or snore.

Brad 12-26-2005 10:48

Which game mod are you running?
On Linux or Windows?
You tried it with just snore and then with just heartbeat and in both case the result was the same?

Madness 12-26-2005 20:40

Quote:

It's, at the very least, common courtesy to contact the author of an actively maintained (hell, even inactively maintained) plugin if you have a problem with said plugin. I find what you did very disrespectful.
The only situation where that would be true is if I took credit for the changes I made, and I did not.
Now, kindly fix the bug for your next update.

Brad 12-26-2005 20:45

I didn't say that you NEEDED to consult me, I said that it was common courtesy for one to do so.

Quote:

Quote:

When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less.

Hmm... Is this because when you restart the round, the "round_end" event is never triggered?

If you answer this, I'll do my best to get the fix in for the next release.