AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AMX Mod Closed, Dev Teams Merged (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=49476)

BAILOPAN 01-05-2007 02:05

AMX Mod Closed, Dev Teams Merged

As many of you have already noticed, a few months ago the majority of the old AMX Mod Team members decided to join AMX Mod X. We decided that, as a whole, the Half-Life community would be better off with everyone working together toward a common goal and project.

As a result of this, the AMX Mod forums were locked as read-only last week. In order to accomodate AMX Mod users into the AMX Mod X community, we have opened a new forum specifically to help people migrate. AMX Mod users who wish to move to AMX Mod X may post support/migration quests, plugins which don't work, and interface features which may be missing.

Please join us in welcoming members of the AMX Mod community into our own! As always, flaming, rude behaviour, or other such inappropriate conduct from anyone will not be tolerated.

New additions to the AMX Mod X Development and Moderation Teams include:
Please also note that today we have adopted new global forum rules. You can read them by clicking here.

SweatyBanana 01-05-2007 02:09

Re: AMX Mod Closed, Dev Teams Merged

When I saw the word Migration I started to freak out..

So is AMXMOD completely done with and not being a release anymore?

People are being forced to immegrate to AMXMODX? :twisted:

s p l i t 01-05-2007 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweatyBanana (Post 423796)
When I saw the word Migration I started to freak out..

So is AMXMOD completely done with and not being a release anymore?

People are being forced to immegrate to AMXMODX? :twisted:

BAIL has provided a link to the post made on the AMX Mod forums by M0gely which clearly states there will be no further releases.

From M0gely's post:
Quote:

AMX 2005/6 works well, and downloads will continue to work (unless the site is attacked again) but this board is now read-only and support will only exist in what information is archived here. Any updates from Valve that break AMX will no longer be patched. t(+)rget and others have already moved over to AMXX some time ago, so I suggest all users of AMX switch over to the AMXX project for new releases and active support.

XxAvalanchexX 01-05-2007 02:19

SweatyBanana: AMX Mod has been "not being a release anymore" since August 2nd, 2004. However, since then, and even now (after the migration), people are still free to download and use the original AMX Mod, along with plenty of plugins for it, if they so choose. Simply, all official support is no more, the forums are locked (but still readable), and some of the old AMX Mod developers have decided to join the AMX Mod X team.

SweatyBanana 01-05-2007 02:20

Ahh yes. I didn't hover the link.. I thought he was just linking the general forum and not a post..

Well at least they will have more support now..

Pro Patria Finland 01-05-2007 03:31

Finally :up:

TieuLien 01-05-2007 05:53

:( I miss amxmod. IMO amxmod is better just not that much support.
Only if Krot@l come over to amxx hahaha. Well atleast I get better support on mods now.

Curryking 01-05-2007 09:03

I think they are a real asset to the already great AMXX-Team, so: Welcome ;-)

Curry

Agret 01-05-2007 09:17

About time this happened, some people may not have known that AMXX existed and got AMX and started scripting for that, now there will be no more confusion and the community will be centralised. Only good can come from this merge, props to both AMX and AMXX and hope this brings a rockin new year for AMXX.

Drek 01-05-2007 10:52

I heartily agree with Agret. This can only be a good thing for the HL gaming and server ops community. AMX was a great thing in its day, but the driving force behind it has long since moved on, and AMXX has built on, improved, and advanced well beyond what AMX had to offer and pooling the available resources can only be a good thing, as long as there is no remaining bitterness, or ego issues. Hopefully those that might have brought some of that with them didn't choose to migrate to AMXX and simply moved on. All the best, and congratulations!