AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Module Coding (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [HELP] How To Start Module Code (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308274)

soumyadip77 06-13-2018 22:34

[HELP] How To Start Module Code

How can i start module code...that means which software need to write and compile and any small module to take a look :)

ADVANCE THANKS TO ALL

fysiks 06-14-2018 00:27

Re: [HELP] How To Start Module Code

Perhaps you need to learn to search just like you've not yet learned with writing AMX Mod X plugins.

soumyadip77 06-14-2018 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2596855)
Perhaps you need to learn to search just like you've not yet learned with writing AMX Mod X plugins.

ya but i want to know all :D

klippy 06-14-2018 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadip77 (Post 2596909)
ya but i want to know all :D

You need to know C++. If you don't, then don't start with modules because it's an awful codebase to start learning, it's ancient and will teach you bad practices which are mostly gone from the modern C++.
The minimum example is stub_plugin from the Metamod repository. I don't think there's a "minimal example" for AMXX, maybe somewhere on the Wiki.

soumyadip77 06-14-2018 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by KliPPy (Post 2596912)
You need to know C++. If you don't, then don't start with modules because it's an awful codebase to start learning, it's ancient and will teach you bad practices which are mostly gone from the modern C++.
The minimum example is stub_plugin from the Metamod repository. I don't think there's a "minimal example" for AMXX, maybe somewhere on the Wiki.

me started learning c :/

soumyadip77 06-14-2018 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KliPPy (Post 2596912)

i need editor and compilers and how to setup them :)

Ghosted 06-14-2018 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadip77 (Post 2596942)

I recommend to use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate (for windows os)

joropito 06-18-2018 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadip77 (Post 2596942)

Jump to some C/C++ forum and start there. Until you don't have C programing & tools knowledge you can't start doing things with metamod.

You could hit some problems trying without proper knowledge (compiler setup, sdk fixes, custom environment setup, programming issues, etc, etc, etc)

soumyadip77 06-20-2018 07:31

oh ty i am just started learning C :)