AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=153704)

MPNumB 03-27-2011 20:25

Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes

2 Attachment(s)
Description:
This plugin is designed to fix three types of bugs. First one can get you permanently stuck between two curved surfaces when in fact you should be able to move there. Second bug simply doesn't allow you to move in expected direction - when you are ducked on ground and trying to move upwards the ladder, it doesn't allow you to. Third one forces you to emit a step sound when moving away from ladder while being ducked. For examples of how this bugs work and/or how plugin handles them, please check demos what are attached below (note: demos are recorded in Counter-Strike 1.6 game in de_dust2 and cs_assault maps).

Requires:
Orpheu
Orpheu PM Functions Pack

Additional info:
Tested in Counter-Strike 1.6 with amxmodx 1.8.2 (dev build hg21).

Notes:
This is my first plugin what needs such a powerful module as Orpheu in order to work. Any feedback on this subject is welcome.

Warnings:
Forum and web compilers don't have support for Orpheu module. So when compiling this plugin non locally, compiler may and most probably will result in code errors and/or plugin failure once installed on the server. Simply install Orpheu module and compile plugin locally to avoid problems.

Credits:
Special thanks to kzmod.com. If not thanks to them, I wouldn't start using Orpheu module, and wouldn't discover all the possibilities what it unlocks.

Change-Log:

- Added: Bug fix for too high speed when moving away from ladder.
- Changed: Renamed plugin from "Stuck Bug Fix" to "Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes".
- Changed: Slight CPU improvement for ladder fix.
- Changed: Attached better demo examples.

- First release.

wrecked_ 03-27-2011 20:30

Re: Stuck Bug Fix

Very impressive work. :up:

xPaw 03-28-2011 11:10

Nice job there.

ConnorMcLeod 03-28-2011 12:27

OMG, readable code !! :mrgreen:

NucL3ra 03-28-2011 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod (Post 1440716)

Not everybody is a good scripters. :<

PS: Very good fix the one with the ladder. Was pretty annoying when play hns... even though I quit

Rossonero 03-28-2011 16:52

MPNumB,
One of the nicest guys around here, great works.
Might I suggest to fill in other bug fixes? to make a plugin to fix some more, like the spawn bug fix

and create one to stop defusing bugs from taking place, defusing through walls, boxes, etc

bibu 03-28-2011 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossonero (Post 1440862)
and create one to stop defusing bugs from taking place, defusing through walls, boxes, etc

Has been done I think.

MPNumB 03-28-2011 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod (Post 1440716)

Don't get used to it. :D P.S. I think I figured out what plugins what I made are readable and unreadable for you - the more complex system plugin has, the harder it is for you to read. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossonero (Post 1440862)
MPNumB,
One of the nicest guys around here, great works.
Might I suggest to fill in other bug fixes? to make a plugin to fix some more, like the spawn bug fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibu (Post 1440885)
Has been done I think.

Thanks, and yes. I have made a plugin some time ago called "No use through walls" what blocks using objects through walls (including defusing through walls).

Spawn bug? You mean when 2 people spawn in the same place and one of them dies? Fix is simple - map spawn editor (add more spawns). :D

P.S. I must confess that this plugin (Stuck Bug Fix) fixes only listed bugs. There still are glitches in maps when you can get stuck simply by ducking or unducking in various places - I have no idea on how to fix those ones. I am talking not about bugs what mapper didn't thought of, but bugs where invisible not intended surfaces are created, due to various vertex bugs (one is in de_nuke CT spawn on right wall when running from huge spawn door all the way to the building - you'll see it if you'll try; you can pass that place while being ducked at any vertical position, but if you are standing you are blocked; some bugs however have it other way around, so ducking gets you permanently stuck, and I really have no idea how to fix those ones, cause trying to execute movement traces doesn't help [traces were tested by fakemeta, orpheu doesn't yet has support for needed variable types to execute some functions what also include PM_PlayerTrace - spend about 5 hours with Arksine right now trying to figure it out, he's a really nice and patient guy]).

Arkshine 03-29-2011 05:39

To detect/fix if you are stucked you can try to play with PM_CheckStuck().

Rossonero 03-29-2011 10:37

geez, thanks bibu, MPNumB