AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [REQ] Anti-Name Change (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67269)

ottobohn 02-19-2008 18:30

[REQ] Anti-Name Change

Hey guys,

I've been asking a lot from you all and it's for good reason. We're almost 100% with sourcemod to where MANI is. We need the ability to kick people who change their name more than once in the game. Is there something for this please?

Otto

ottobohn 03-02-2008 21:29

Re: [REQ] Anti-Name Change

*Bump*

Fredd 03-04-2008 01:30

ok so whenever a person changes there name he should be kicked or what? and will this be a permant name(meaning you want to use a sql to save their names) or just something for every map change?

ottobohn 03-05-2008 17:23

Just a kick is fine. We have hackers that come in and run a nasty name/changing script that is nearly impossible for us to catch up to ban.

Otto

Fredd 03-05-2008 18:13

you still didn't answer my second question, do you want the names to be stored in a mysql database where the names will be tracked down, or do you want the names to just be saved for every map change?

ottobohn 03-06-2008 10:10

Sorry Fred, I didn't mean not to answer it fully. It wouldn't be necessary for the names to be saved into mysql or to a file. There could be honest people trying to change their name and storing it would invoke that they're running a script. If you want to take that extra step, that's fine, but we're after preventing people from changing their name in the name of not getting banned for hacking. Thanks!

Otto Bohn
n00bsalad.net

siosios 04-03-2008 13:38

i was looking for the same thing.... what is happening is hackers come into the server and each round start they change thier name to another players name thats in the server and make it hard on admins to catch the right guy. the name change has a space in it or what ever and when the admin finally gets the name right BAM new name and the admin has to track down the player again.

having a plugin that limits name changes to once every 3 rounds or maybe what otto suggested would be great.

thanks
siosios

BrutalGoerge 04-03-2008 13:51

can't you just use their ID's from the status command?

sm_kick #30
sm_ban #30

for example

But yeah, something to automate it would be helpful. Hackers or not, people who keep changing thier names are damned annoying.

siosios 04-03-2008 13:55

you could if you could identify the offending id fast enough but with names changing every round (sometimes short rounds due too aimbot) its hard to get a lock on the hacker...... at least this is what i hear from my admins.

sio

BrutalGoerge 04-03-2008 14:40

with status, they just have look for the name he is using, or has used, his ID won't keep changing.